Classic Client Build 51056 is Now Available

Your Battle.net app should now have the latest 1.14.4 client available. When you update to this client, you’ll find that:

• You can now whisper/invite/remove players from group if those players are on a different virtual realm.
  • Dungeon difficulty settings are removed.
  • The auto-attack/auto-shoot option is removed. Player-characters should continue shooting when enemies get close.

No more trying to wand something and throwing punches instead.

9 Likes

I’m confused, aren’t all of those things that shouldn’t be in Classic anyways?

11 Likes

Wait how is the auto-shot/attack removed and set to “off” at the same time.

1 Like
Pretty macho
1 Like

Its not removed.

1 Like

They edited the post it definitely said removed lol.

Looks like the error was fixed, I see the edit icon so I may have missed what you are referencing originally.

I’m glad I can whisper and invite people again. But is it just me or has the world become a ghost town overnight? SW has a fraction of the people who are normally in it. Goldshire is usually bumping 24/7 and there’s maybe like 4 people there. I don’t see anyone out in the world questing. Is this due to layering? Kind of defeats the purpose of classic wow, no?

6 Likes

I’m looking right now, it is removed.

5 Likes

I am confusion.

2 Likes

yeah same at this point…

1 Like

Okay I’ve tried re-writing that one again so it’s hopefully clear-- we’ve removed the option. Your auto-shot should behave like it did before the patch, by default.

10 Likes

But what if we like throwing punches :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello, laddie.
Can you please confirm for the community as to whether or not ClassicEra was recently switched over to a “modern” API framework that might be causing several people lag?
Is ClassicEra now using the same framework as retail?
If not, can you please elaborate on what recent change is causing some players a lot of lag or making the game “unplayable?”

8 Likes

“Hey guys look at all these changes we are making to hardcore!”

you actually completely changed the client, and didnt mention it. You still havent addressed the change to the client for classic.

Bliz rly is an evil company who does whatever it wants regardless of the player base.

3 Likes

Now, now. No need for “evil” name calling in your understandable frustration with recent events. There are real people who work for this company who are just doing their jobs and won’t appreciate that.
What likely happened was that communication of this client switch up was deemed unnecessary by someone at the time, but in hindsight, I’m betting they probably wish they’d mentioned it to the community.

We’d all like more details regarding this matter. Please.

1 Like

nice, how about down ranking toggle and the slider for name plates that does nothing (nor should it in ERA)

EDIT: Just want to say when you guys communicate with us we really really really really like it a lot. More is better in this area.

6 Likes

was… was hardcore all a sham to distract us from your plans to turn classic era into retail :expressionless:

13 Likes

“evil” isnt a name call, its an objective fact in this case.

They changed the client over without saying anything becos they know that this version of the client is easier to monetise. they want to bring the wow token into vanilla classic as a way to deal with bots, when all they need to do is have GMs sitting outside Strat or ZG banning each obvious bot. But no, they outsource this now instead of hiring actual GMs to care for their game world.

The dev for warcraft 3 put what blizzard is perfectly. you should look him up. it is a shell of what it used to be that baits nostalgia for money. sure, there might be some nice humans that work there but Bobby still runs the show.

1 Like

This x1000000

Companys and governments do this all the time. “Look over here” while making a big change which no one wants (except for those in control).

“hey guys, look how much we care about x group/cause” while not paying taxes and polluting the planet is pretty common corporate practice now.

1 Like