Unravel the Secrets of Azeroth

Unravel the Secrets of Azeroth

Rumors are everywhere you go, but behind every rumor are secrets to be found—clues even—which lead throughout Azeroth’s varied and variegated landscapes to ancient artifacts and hidden treasures.

View Full Article

11 Likes

Keep that alpaca away from the elderly couple in 2B

4 Likes

Please, oh, please give us archeology. This is the perfect time.

21 Likes

Shhhhh it’s a secret……:dracthyr_tea:

1 Like

Im honestly surprised they didnt use the Dragonscale Expedition to do a ground up revamp of archaeology - this would be the perfect expansion for it.

19 Likes

Good use of the vulpera in every screenshot, when the premise of the event is a bunch of artifact thefts. Fits perfectly with those desert vagabonds.

6 Likes

even play a little ‘follow the leader’ with some of your favorite community creators to discover some of the secrets Azeroth has to offer.

Eh… it sounded good until this part. Can we just… not?

20 Likes

Okay, I want the little pet! NOW!

(lol)

:cookie:

3 Likes

This entire expansion has been the perfect time. Another missed opportunity.

5 Likes

So was the last one, when they axed it.

The hilarity of them claiming “we can’t put archaeology in the Shadowlands, there isn’t any history to find” and then having BOTH major content patches feature us working with historians to unearth archaeological finds will never cease for me.

Like just say you don’t want to do it, guys. It’s always worse when you make up nonsense excuses.

20 Likes

Sounds fun, but how do you obtain the rewards exactly?

That would be awesome!

2 Likes

3 Likes

“play a little ‘follow the leader’ with some of your favorite community creators”

Oh, this will go over without a hitch, surely.

2 Likes

I wish this “content creator” thing would just go away. I mean, I get it, free advertising for Blizzard and all that, but Blizzard should just reward the creators for what they do, rather than trying to make players part of the participation chain. It’s obnoxious.

I obviously don’t know the statistics, but I can’t imagine that the majority of players really want to sit and watch someone else play and talk nonsense about the game. What a weird way to spend time.

22 Likes

They don’t even do it for “free advertising”, since the people watching these streams already know about WoW.

They do it because that’s how gaming industry marketing staff works, these days. They jump from publisher to publisher, never sticking around, never actually learning about any of the brands they’re meant to market, and so instead rely on streamers to do all their work for them. In return, they reward the streamers with free publicity and give-aways.

All the “content creator” stuff happens because of the revolving door of marketing staffing in gaming, these days.

3 Likes

“Community creator” is the term used in the article. Props to Blizz for acknowledging that calling them “content creators” was being far too generous.

7 Likes

Indeed. The “content creators” are the people who make the game. Not the people who run their mouths while playing it.

6 Likes

Stop it Blizzard! The excitement is making me giggle like a schoolgirl right now!

More then 4 rewards though right??..

Content creators.

Not planned as a regularly occurring holiday.

Thanks for dashing my hopes.

3 Likes