[UPDATED AUGUST 28] Prep Your Dragons and Mount Up for Kalimdor Cup

[UPDATED AUGUST 28] Prep Your Dragons and Mount Up for Kalimdor Cup

Rediscover the skies of Kalimdor with a new dragonriding racing event!

View Full Article

6 Likes

Where is Lord Andestrasz that offers this quest? I cannot find him in Valdrakken, and the NPCs of him I can find throughout the Dragon Isles do not offer this quest.

2 Likes

Lord Andestrasz is in Valdrakken, next to the Rostrum of Transformation. He should have the introductory quest.

6 Likes

You need to fix the time on Un’Goro Crater Circuit Advanced. It’s actually impossible with the current timer.

1 Like

We can use dragon riding outside of the dragon isles?

4 Likes

Un goro Advanced is 90 seconds and i almost gave up untill i went to youtube im not sure i should be linking youtube stuff here but after watching that i got 87. something but i know it was 87

Attempting gold on some of these courses is like pulling teeth with how vigor doesn’t restore to full between attempts.

2 Likes

Will we be able to use dragon riding outside of the races? if not, when?

3 Likes

I’m 12 done with Advanced, the worst ones by far are Un’goro, Winterspring, and Felwood. I don’t know what the devs were smoking with some of these timers, but some feel way more tight than others, especially Un’goro.

4 Likes

Winterspring is definitely causing me grief on the advanced circuit, not really sure what else I can do to shave down the .211 seconds for gold.

edit: I’m sorry, what? It’s 70sec for reverse gold winterspring circuit???

2 Likes

Do we know if these rewards will be available in subsequent Cups (assuming there will be), or are these timed rewards that exist only during the event window?

1 Like

Hey Devs. Please pick a lane when it comes to account wide content.

Either make all the rewards obtainable with one character worth of tokens or make the achievement use progress from 2 characters. The fact I have to play all the races perfect on 1 character, then go back on a second character to farm another 100 tokens to buy everything is crap.

Also what’s up with 10 tokens for 50 Valdrakken Rep? Why are we so scared of letting players reach the side story content. There isn’t even player power in the renown tracks anymore.

10 Likes

Oh joy. Yet another currency.

Has anyone done the math on this yet? I’m afraid since the article wasn’t forthcoming on the details.

I love dragon riding so I’ll check it out. If it’s FOMO though … I’m logging off and going back to BG3.

2 Likes

Max token for 1 character is like 154 so you have to do 2 characters minimuim. Total 240 tokens for all the Transmog.

1 Like

Winterspring advanced was fine, winterspring reverse is an almost undoable nightmare. That early gate hidden behind the tree into a sharp left turn is gross.

I think I got reverse just fine compared to advanced, which probably says something about my brain honestly. I do agree with the person I was initially responding to, though. Some of these timers are way less lenient than others where you can pretty much speed through with 10+ seconds to spare.

And that’s kind of the crux of it. For a limited time event with rewards, it should lean to being slightly lenient over barely doable.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I heavily agree on that. Especially when the rewards aren’t all attainable by one character doing a full gold sweep.

I did the 3 for the quest. I thought this dragonrider transmog set was on the trade post previously no?

at any rate, couldn’t care less about the rewards.

at least they put the coins in the currency tab for once right?

anyways, I like the races, and I purposefully flew off a bit to just fly in the old world. I can’t wait for that, it’s SOOOOO much faster then old flying, even though there is still no reason to actually to go back to the old world and once these races are completed, same same.

Ungoro advanced is ludicrous, the rest seem either a challenge but doable or 1 shottably easy.

EDIT: Done, Un’ Goro definitely the hardest of the lot, then it’s Ahn’ Qiraj reversed.

1 Like