Blues News: August 11, 2023

Blues News: August 11, 2023

Stay up to date with World of Warcraft when you join us each week as we round up some of the latest top blue posts and discussions.

View Full Article

WOW CLASSIC
Actions Against Exploitative Accounts: The latest upcoming on these ongoing actions was posted on Monday and said Blizzard took 116,921 actions against exploitative accounts in July.

Good to see that Dragonflight/Retail has safeguards to detect cheating behavior. However, were any of these 116,921 account actions for infractions on the various WoW Classic servers?

It’s silly for a comment with a “WOW CLASSIC” header to give a monthly Account Actions figure that equates to a third of the worldwide raiding population of Classic without going into any detail. This does not provide more transparency, nor does it even provide a breakdown.

Was this a coded post? Was this an employee’s way of letting us know that Classic servers are being completely ignored by bot detection? I would love to get Account Action numbers that only consider the game that I play. We have not gotten numbers like that in the four years that Classic has been out. Until then, I’m going to assume what I see in game is true, and that no action is being taken whatsoever on any Classic servers.

1 Like

Maybe start working on balancing the game so there is more than 5 spec doing m+ and the rest just get to pound sand.

1 Like

I dont understand why people like you do what you do. Are you always this negative? On their IG, here, wherever, even funny, lighthearted things are immediately met with negativity.

Maybe I’m off base here.

1 Like

Given that it’s under the WoW Classic header I would assume that all of them were?

It’s silly for a comment with a “WOW CLASSIC” header to give a monthly Account Actions figure that equates to a third of the worldwide raiding population of Classic without going into any detail.

If blizzard actually did their job sure. Right now several class have major issue and instead of addressing it they decided to work on something else. Rogue , hunters and warriors are all suffering from tuning issues, class/spec tree issue, lack of utilities. Instead blizzard release this god comp refuse to take the necessary steps to fix it and give nerf that doesn’t affect the god comp at all.

If blizzard really wants to show players they are on top of their game they need to

1. Nerf the buff Aug give to tanks and healers and instead give out buff to primary stats to party memebers and buff their damage up. Re design the class again so is not so OP.

2. Give every single spec a MD, smoothie and make PI a personal buff only so priest can’t PI other players and bring spriest damage back to per nerf. Spirest are brought to to M+ not for damage but their utilities. Give those utilties to every class and spec so they fair shot at getting into m+

What details do you think they owe you? And what does the raiding population have to do with anything?

2 Likes

What details do you think they owe you? And what does the raiding population have to do with anything?

I think Blizzard owes us better details if they’re going to tell us specific ban figures. They could give us no information and I’d be less frustrated. Because with this, they’re saying, “btw we banned a third of the players from your game mode, no we will not be taking questions.” Do you play Classic? Have you experienced any sort of drop in bots? Because I do, and I sure haven’t.

Are you assuming that the entire population of Classic servers is raiding?

1 Like

Dang near all of the population! This isn’t retail, we don’t have the rest of the theme park put in yet. Even if a quarter of the population wasn’t raiding, this ban wave would equate to all of those non-raiders. But I don’t see fewer people on the streets of Dalaran. And I can fill from LFG just as quickly as ever. And I sure don’t see fewer bots in BGs. This ban figure is an extraordinary claim and warrants an extraordinary explanation.

What is your experience with Classic, exactly? It doesn’t seem like you’re coming at this conversation with much knowledge about the topic.

Does this help?

Nope! :smiley: Literally the exact same information.

Ah ok, sorry. I guess I’m not sure what you’re looking for exactly. You’ll have to forgive me, having a heck of a day. :dracthyr_uwu:

No worries. Blizzard would have you think that they’ve provided a “breakdown” - that’s the language they usually use - but they’ve never given more detail than a single “WoW Account Actions” figure that presumably includes retail and wow classic actions. I understand that one account gets you access to both games, but surely we have statistics about which infractions are from which game mode. But we don’t get those figures, I believe because such a breakdown would reveal an appalling lack of bot detection on the Classic side.

1 Like