Glyph of Shadow "buffed"?

With the new patch, was the impact of Glyph of Shadow increased (meaning it reduces the effect of Shadowform by more)? I don’t have any before and after pictures, but it feels like there’s definitely a noticeable difference.

5 Likes

Definitely noticed a change, can see colors, and there’s a mild cloudy effect. FINALLY

1 Like

I noticed it also and thought it was a bug. Then I realized maybe it isn’t and I was afraid they were going to revert it. Thankfully this looks permanent. It only took how many years since inscription to get what we wanted?

Yay! Better late than never!

:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

3 Likes

FINALLY! It’s nice to see my mog while in shadowform at last!

1 Like

Blizzard, you done did it…finally. Looks actually really good, still has the effect of “shadow” without overriding the mog !!

6 Likes

To which I say… “Dear Blizzard. Thank you. Thank you. A thousand times, thank you. FINALLY.”

8 Likes

Noticed this immediately when logging on. The smoky particle effect is completely gone, leaving only the undulating goo texture on the character. Honestly? I don’t like it. I can see my mog which is nice, the smoke was absolutely obtrusive and I don’t miss that part, but now it doesn’t even look like any kind of shadow, it just looks… wet. Oily.

I don’t really know what an acceptable middle ground would look like. This is certainly… fine, for those that’ve been wanting to see their armor. Just doesn’t seem very ‘shadowy’. Ideally we’d have multiple glyphs for different visuals like we had for Water Elemental (RIP) but that feels like a pipe dream.

2 Likes

So take the glyph off. This is what many of us have been asking to get for years. Finally I can see my mog!

4 Likes

I just wish the mount glyph and this glyph weren’t exclusive to Shadowform and rather be a barber option instead so that we can still let our mounts stay shadowy, i hate the current baseline shadowy fartform but the mount option is the only thing I like about the current shadowform cause it still uses something closer to the old forms and actually looks like a shadow and not like the unbearable purple fart we currently have for a Shadowform visual.

1 Like

I’ve been tripping out because I keep thinking my shadow form is off when it’s not lol. Good change, not sure why they wouldn’t advertise something many have been asking for for years.

2 Likes

Because it might be an unintentional bug

I am so excited for this change! Thank you Blizzard!!!

Came here to find out this very thing. I hope they keep it like this. I’d be ok if they got rid of the shadow altogether outside of using abilities

Even unglyphed it looks nigh the same, the goo texture is just softer. I’m glad we can finally see our armor, happy to see folks enjoying it–I do hope it’s a feature and not a bug.

I just think it looks… bizarre. I’d love to have different options. Barber shop shadowforms, since they seem keen on killing glyphs altogether lately.

This change was indeed intended.

I’ve passed that along to the design team.

26 Likes

The UI team in general hit it out of the park with the update. It’s a much cleaner more modern-looking interface all the way around, in keeping with the Dragonflight improvements.

Now, there are some fairly ancient priest animations that could use another look… :slight_smile:

1 Like

So awesome! I wonder if the same change might be brewing for Glyph of Stars for us poor boomkin? I’ve been stuck in a blueish haze for years! :frowning:

4 Likes

Love that. Thank you so much for the update, and the clarification.

Or fatter missiles for Arcane Missiles instead of the skinny little things we have had since Legion.

1 Like