Blues News: July 7, 2023

Blues News: July 7, 2023

Stay up to date with World of Warcraft when you join us each week as we round up some of the latest top blue posts and discussions.

View Full Article

Excuse me but why do all these dragons eat my chocolate bars?

Actions Against Exploitative Accounts: Over 120,000 actions were taken against exploitative WoW accounts in June.

Good to see that Dragonflight/Retail has safeguards to detect cheating behavior. However, were any of these 127,014 account actions for infractions on the various WoW Classic servers?

It’s silly that “The WoW Classic Team” posted a monthly Account Actions figure that equates to a third of the worldwide raiding population of Classic without going into any detail. This does not provide more transparency, nor does it even provide a breakdown.

Was this a coded post? Was this an employee’s way of letting us know that Classic servers are being completely ignored by bot detection? I would love to get Account Action numbers that only consider the game that I play. We have not gotten numbers like that in the four years that Classic has been out. Until then, I’m going to assume what I see in game is true, and that no action is being taken whatsoever on any Classic servers.

They forgot to add that they announced the new Twitch drop! :dracthyr_heart:

Pretty sure chocolate is bad for them too, like with dogs.

• Actions Against Exploitative Accounts: Over 120,000 actions were taken against exploitative WoW accounts in June.

Pretty sure that’s over half of their remaining active subs. :flushed:

They probly just gave em a 1 week ban.

• Classic Hardcore - PTR Jumping Issue Resolved: On Monday, an issue where PTR characters could be disconnected while jumping was [resolved]

I love notes like this. For all the armchair game developers who may at times feel they have some grasp of how this game works, then they drop a bug like this and you just boggle as to how can this possibly happen. As what could they have changed to introduce this, and what does that change have to do with a hardcore server.

My best guess is it has something to do with exploit detection false-triggering.