Preserve the Timeline: Dawn of the Infinite Mega-Dungeon

Preserve the Timeline: Dawn of the Infinite Mega-Dungeon

In the Fractures in Time update, the champions of Azeroth must venture into time itself to ensure that the future remains a bright one in the Dawn of the Infinite mega-dungeon.

View Full Article

4 Likes

Pretty cool. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I want it now

So I can get angry at my friends and yell at them as we don’t clear it all deathless first attempt

1 Like

cool
i will probably never do it but it’s still cool
i wish i could do it
but i am a coward

3 Likes

start as a damage dealer.
A hunter would best fit, you don’t have to worry about anything, everyone is new to something. Just takes time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait for 441+ AOTC only mythic dungeon groups for 421 loot.

5 Likes

Started by people sub 400 ilvl.

2 Likes

@Knell, they will break it down into two parts, available on heroic difficulty, fairly quickly so that more people can follow the storyline. You can do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

If its infinite how can it be completed ?. Mr Blue :rofl:

1 Like

“Preserve the timeline”
Bha
All timelines exist as it performs on an individual level.

I think we now know who was trying to kill chromi in legion when we had to do the time line quest with her…

2 Likes

Yuh it was my Evoker after not getting whatever BiS healer item this dungeon has after 50 runs :dracthyr_uwu:

Cool. Don’t really mind where it’s tuned. My two mains will really overgear it, I think. But it just means I can slam it out on them to get whetever is cool, then put my alts through which will be a bit more of a challenge. They’re quite low for they keys they do (I think, 9s-11s in the 380s) but they squeeze by so I wonder how it will be. Def gonna learn what to interrupt and avoid on the geared toons.

Blizzard, I have been playing since 2006, and I’ll likely be here when the last server goes down, if I live that long. But a thought: While this dungeon looks really cool and all…like every other mega dungeon released, most of us will never see it. I myself have yet to see any of them so far, anything beyond LFG or LFR is out of reach because that requires an active guild. PUG’s are very difficult to get into, unless you are totally overgeared for whatever is being run. Mythics!? Lol, no way… I love this expansion, you guys keep releasing content so fast that before I get very far on what’s new, you’ve released something else! A good thing. But Blizzard, if you are going to release content that reveals so much of the story, please don’t wall it off. No, I don’t want it handed to me, I don’t want to be carried, I will work my butt off with glee, but when you make these mythic level mega dungeons, many people never get to see them. And it isn’t any fun soloing them 2 expacs later. I know from speaking with others, I’m not alone on this. I’ve posted on these forums for years, my gear is flameproof, roast me all you want, trolls! ;}

4 Likes

spoken like a true AH

i am with you on this. been playin since 2005-06. used to raid every weekend and it was great. if you were new, no prob. I(just like most ppl then) would help anyway i could ie; craft gear, dungeon runs, whatever. to help ppl get where they wanna be to participate in what we/they were working on. i never even thought i would play WoW, even made fun of ppl who did. but once i gave it a shot, i was hooked. and a big part of that was due to the community. now i take months long breaks, dont run any group content, and i mean any. all for the same reason i fell in love with WoW, the current community. i mean just look at some comments here. one jkarse said oh this was made by ppl under ilvl400? really? and you wonder why subs fall, not due to the game or blizz. its those ppl…

2 Likes

I’m telling you here and now:
Gating STORY content is never a good thing. Gear, mounts, transmogs, whatever you want… put them behind gates. As you always have, and i’ve never complained.
But making people do mythic level dungeons for STORY is completely insane to me, and I can’t conceive how yall thought this was an okay thing to do.

I mean, it’s not even fair to YALL. You put the effort in to write the story, the characters, the lore, the art assets, etc., and then you put them in content that many players will never do?
Mind you – not because they don’t want to – but because many of your players are aged now. We have full time careers, spouses, children, arthritis, etc.

To expect us to keep up with the gear wheel just to experience story is not smart.

I say this with the one exception: if the cutscenes are available for us to watch, as you’ve done other cutscenes in the past. I won’t mind it then.

But I struggle with keeping up with WoW lore as it is, lol. Don’t put the story in content i will never touch and don’t care to touch.

Again… trophies and bragging rights should DEFINITELY be locked behind mythics and other things. People should feel honored to mount that elusive mount that is only given to mythic players, etc.

But the story? Cmon, dudes.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, you’ll be able to buy a carry so you can do a sightseeing of the dungeon, while the pros clear it out for you. :slight_smile:

Oh they have no self awareness lolol. I mean, at all. They’ll complain that the story is subpar while simultaneously skipping quest text to be the first max level in their guild. They’ll say the community is dying, but then when you say hi in a dungeon queue no one bothers to talk back. They’ll say they want the game to continue on, but then complain when casual players are given alternative ways to get gear so that they have something to do and stay subbed. They’ll say the story is floundering, when all they care about is the carrot at the end of the stick and how they can get a new piece of loot.

I can’t say i’m mad at them per se. It’s how social media gets you addicted too lol. Loot releases endorphins. Of course they want more of it. And then they rejoice in story content being gated so that they can feel some kinda self-important elitism.

And then they say blizz is ruining the game. It’s wild.

2 Likes

Lol… A pro WoW player. Your mom must be so proud.
I hope one day your real life feels as successful for you, too! :slight_smile: