16" MacBook + 8.3 -- Workin' great for me. #grateful for Mac Support

WoW is the only game I play. And I only use Macs.

I’m grateful that Blizzard still makes at least WoW on the Mac a priority. Let’s support the Mac team at Blizz with positive and helpful feedback. They’re the ones fighting for us on the battlefront everyday.

For those still struggling, I’d suggest a clean install and disable all add-ons – enable them one at a time and give them some time to throw errors before using another one. I still don’t have all of mine enabled but I’m pretty rock-solid since release by doing the above. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Positive vibes are great and all, but criticism is warranted here. They should not have released a patch that made the game unplayable for a portion of their PAYING player base. We are paying them to release a playable game. That’s pretty much the lowest bar we could set.

4 Likes

I think from the widespread nature of the freezing/crashing issue that it’s unlikely just a matter of needing a clean install and no addons. I think it’s much more likely that certain mac configurations are being hit by a nasty bug (that is out of the user’s control.) That’s why some people (like you and me) are cruising along just fine in 8.3 and others find themselves with an unplayable game.

4 Likes

Glad yours is working! That’s great, for real.

I have done all of that. Twice. Still cannot play the game. I only use Macs also and I am very grateful that WOW is (normally) playable on my Mac. Props to them for realizing that a lot of folks have Macs nowadays.

The issues with this patch are vast & widespread. Windows users are having similar problems (albeit less problems with crashes than Mac users) and overall there are tons of bugs within the gameplay. Mac users have a right to be angry and frustrated. I imagine the Blizz team is pretty frustrated as well and I fully get that. I also get that it takes time to fix issues like this. Folks feel slighted when they are paying for a service they aren’t receiving. That’s understandable. Hopefully they get it fixed soon as a lot of us who are having issues cannot complete any of the content we need to complete to progress in the game.

1 Like

Been working fine for me on my 16” MBP and my late 2015 5k iMac too. However, this issue is too widespread to dismissed and Blizz is really in the hotseat for getting it working.

I’m glad wow supports Mac too, but these are paying customers and they deserve better than to have it implied that it’s their problem and they should just be grateful that their computers are supported at all.

2 Likes

This feels like pandering and almost a fake post to distract people from the issues. I’ve tried a lot of different things, including what you’ve mentioned, and I still cannot play the game longer than 10 minutes without my ENTIRE computer freezing.

This is the same computer I’ve played ALL of BFA on and WoW and Classic are the only games on here. Classic is continuing to work just fine without ANY issues, whereas I couldn’t even do older content as soon as 8.3 dropped. This isn’t a “your wow install must be broken” type of thing, this is a “I’m paying for a broken, unplayable game” type of thing.

2 Likes

Mac user here, no addons at all, and lowest graphics settings: game is unplayable and causes my computer to do multiple hard-restarts. I gave up after 5 crashes in a row in the 8.3 questline in the Halls of Origination, then crashes again trying to play an island expedition. All with no addons and graphics on lowest possible settings. Point being, OP’s experience is not typical and not reproducible for others. :frowning:

As far as supporting the mac team… aren’t we playing a monthly sub for the various teams to support us being able to play the game we paid for? I don’t blame the developers or forum-blues for the bad decisions of upper management, but being fake-positive about a really bad situation doesn’t help either.

1 Like

Hey folks,

Just wanted to chime in on the thread here to prevent it from getting out of hand. We appreciate the sentiment of the OP and all, but also recognize that for a large number of you, there’s a subpar experience happening. We’re not going to give up on that error and the fixes are being tested/tweaked to see when it’s safe to deploy. The last thing we want to do is make things worse.

Overall there’s nothing to troubleshoot here, so I’m going to lock up this thread to prevent it from becoming a problematic fight. For those of you who things are working great for, we’re quite happy - please let us know if that changes. For those who aren’t, check the other recent blue post threads for updates or start your own thread if those posts don’t apply to your situation.

2 Likes