The Race to World First in Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Has Begun!

The Race to World First in Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Has Begun!

The race to see who can thwart the incarnates, as well as Scalecommander Sarkareth, begins this week. The best of the best will ultimately face a series of challenges within this secret laboratory to see who will cross the finish line to claim World First!

View Full Article

3 Likes

Team Liquid or nothing

The things are up?

Oh okay. :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

L I Q U I D B O I S

Can someone explain the appeal of this to me? This never made sense to me because it’s just the same orgs that have been testing these fights in beta/alpha and already know everything there is to know about the raid.

I just don’t see what is competitive or impressive about that. If everyone was starting fresh with a cleaner slate and people didn’t have prior knowledge to the raid I could see it being really interesting to watch them progress and strategize. But otherwise… ?

15 Likes

You should not be spending time on RWF. Ignore it.

2 Likes

It is just a race of Echo vs Liquid. Each region has 1 giga guild that has monopoly on all money, resource, sponsors, players.

It is the inevitable boring scene, when it is turned to professional “esports”.

7 Likes

I’m rooting for them too since they’re team USA and all, but man, Echo is just sooooo good/consistent when it comes down to the wire or a giga-hard boss “phase”

Echo just gets better and better with each pull, but I notice Liquid sort of “stalls out” or “bogs down” if it’s a really difficult boss (using a comparison to a car engine). On the other hand, I notice Echo’s engine “revs up” to meet the increased difficulty of that part of the boss/boss phase

1 Like

Watching the best players in the world play and communicate and overcome challenges is neat.

Mythic raid bosses are not tested on PTR. They’re going in essentially blind.

Shoot, I forgot to get a raid group together. Any 19 other people want to form a raid with me and get world first real quick?

4 Likes

A Chinese guild will take this!

No. Russian guild will.

kk, let’s do it.

…Arthas would like to raid too. :frowning:

3 Likes

Only if we can be done by 9pm. Early bird breakfast discount or nothing!

2 Likes

Better yet a North Korean guild or Iran guild. But wait didn’t they Ban WOW. If the team did win WFR will they be kill?

You’re all wrong, an Antarctic guild will take it! :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

2 Likes

I haven’t watched any fights or gotten any consumables yet, so we may need to push 9:30.

1 Like

Hard pass. My stories are on

4 Likes

watching people try to do thing better than other people = fun