Today, we announced that Patch 10.0.7 will be released the week of March 21. As you know, this patch includes:

• New adventures in Forbidden Reach
  • Two new Heritage Armor sets for orcs and humans
  • The Monk class for goblins, Lightforged draenei, and worgen
  • Daily Faction Envoy selection
  • A number of class updates, notably to Paladins

Please use this thread to let us know how you’ve felt about the development of this patch, now that it’s reaching its conclusion.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I think for I think the first .0.7 patch, I think it’s safe to say this is a lot more content than most of us were expecting.

I’m looking forward to exploring the Forbidden Reach and doing all the new content.

I won’t be rolling a monk, personally, but I do wish you guys would unlock Warlocks in the patch as well. As I said in another thread, most of the races already have explanations for them existing, so you would just need to add NPCs in a later patch to fill in the gaps like you did Orc/Tauren priests. For instance, a Draenei Warlock trainer could tell us they learned to control the fel without succumbing to it from Fel-Caller Guloto:

Who is a Draenei (albeit broken) Warlock.

The Highmountain trainer could tell us they were once Feltotem, but Mayla allowed them to rejoin Highmountain, but it’s a probationary period until they proven they’ve changed. Things like that. This could also open up Feltotem customization for Highmountain Tauren, which I have no doubts Highmountain players would love.

Most important, I’m VERY much looking forward to the paladin updates. The fact you listened to feedback that Consecration felt horrible to play as Retribution and added a talent to let us spec out of it if we want (albeit still puts another button in our rotation if we do, it’s not consecration, so it works for me).

I had retired my paladin, but the little play I did on the PTR, it’s likely going to be brought back as my main plate character. Hopefully one day you guys can do the same for specs that are suffering for a rotational identity like Arcane Mages and Survival Hunter.

3 Likes

I will be making my Goblin Monk for sure, just need to sacrifice one of my alts! I am hopeful that with other patches like this that more class restrictions are lifted…Goblin Paladin, just sayin’!

I am looking forward to exploring the Forbidden reach and hopefully learning more about the lore of the Drac.

The new heritage armour sets do look quite nice, I look forward to seeing the remaining race’s added in future patches.

2 Likes

I leveled an Orc just for the heritage armor :slight_smile: Really looking forward to the Human one as well but I already had a human.

I’ve played the new content on the PTR and really like it. I didn’t give it a super deep dive because I want it to feel new at release and experience most of it in it’s finished state.

I haven’t been as active on the PTR forum as I usually am because, well, I really don’t have a lot to complain about, and I’m not a class ability min maxer so the class changes I don’t spend a lot of time digging into. I’ve heard people sounding concerned about the new neck item but as long as it is essentially irrelevant by Season 2 as we were told I think it will be a lot of fun.

I would like to see a major battlegrounds map balance pass and a large reduction in CC especially for Honor BGs and EBGs. I’m not talking at all about arena or competative PvP balance, I’m specifically talking about casual running around the BG trying to have fun for a few hours type of play.

Overall I’m really looking forward to the new content.

1 Like

While the changes to Ret paladin and Prot paladin are quite good, I can’t help but feel that Holy is being left out. A friend of mine posted their feedback about it:

I’m excited about it! I’m primarily interested in the new story and outdoor content in the Forbidden Reach. I love dragonriding through the zones and having a fresh one to fly through in search of herbs, ore, rares, and world quests sounds like fun.

I also think it’ll be neat if the Onyx Annulet gives us enough of a power boost to push a little bit higher in existing raid/dungeon content, or allows alts to access that content more easily. I’ve maxed out at +20 keys in mythic+, but if the Annulet gave me enough of a boost to try +21s, that might get me back into mythic+ for a bit.

I’m also interested in Baine’s story quest, and I’m sure I’ll check out the furbolg and then decide whether I want to do the rep grind or not.

Several of my guildies are interested in the paladin changes and gearing up their paladins now in anticipation of them.

Mostly I’m happy to be getting a content update at this point in the tier, when we’ve finished AOTC and most of us who are targeting dungeon portals have most or all of them. This would usually be a time when people were drifting away to do other things until the next season, but a fresh batch of content will keep us engaged longer, maybe for the rest of the tier.

1 Like

Not specifically 10.0.7 related, but more because of said patch:

Is there any chance the dev team would move up Trial of Style a week so it doesn’t release during the patch release? Even if just extending how long it lasts to start a week earlier (or even later)

It’s going to feel bad if transmog collectors are going to be stuck doing Trial of Style the week of release because of how many new things were added while there’s an entire new island to explore and dailies to do. And because ToS is only every 6 months, the one you should prioritize is obvious.

Not to mention queue times for Trial of Style are going to be ridiculous because most people will be on the Forbidden Reach, totally ruining the mini-holiday people have waited 6 months for.

3 Likes