Ashran Live on the PTR

Ashran’s back on the PTR. Time to kill some alliance for the dark lady! LOK TAR OGAR!

4 Likes

I thought Vol’jin was Warchief when Ashran was current content?

YES!!! I can finally collect 4000 broken bones and get level 3 gladiator sanctum…who knows…I might even get Lord Of War. This is good news.

2 Likes

Note to self: Do not spend, all your free gaming time in PTR Ashran. Do not spend all your free gaming time in PTR Ashran…

2 Likes

Quick question for “I have been playing this game since vanilla” players: So Ashran is coming to live server right?

You will have a really hard time getting that many pandarens and gnomes killed.

yes it will be coming to live next patch, at least “one” version of it.

2 Likes

Thank you sir.

Since I skipped Mists, WoD, and Legion, I have never done Ashran. I always hear good things about it. I’m interested to check it out, even though I don’t really know what it is or what the objectives are!

1 Like

Wiat what? no! I just need level 3 gladiator sanctum and Highmaul Coliseum event for the Lord Of War title right?

Yes, I see. I was thinking about the one that requires you to kill x amount of each race, I don’t remember the name anymore lol.

There is a level 100 restriction to join the coliseum, I hope they change that or it will be pretty much pointless to get that many bones.

100 broken bones is easy, I can get that WITHOUT Ashran even now. Ganking one level 110-120 player gets me 6-8 broken bones and I already have 386 of that. But with Ashran, that beautiful huge battleground they call ashran, I’m guessing 15 minutes in there will get me 100+ broken bones.

I mean, you have to be level 100 to get in the coliseum, can you join the new Ashran BG at level 100? :thinking:

A S H R A N :heart:
THE MEAT GRINDER SPINS AGAIN

1 Like

Where are you getting this info? Please share cause I’m lost. I honestly thought once a person builds level 3 gladiator sanctum you can then queue into the Highmaul Coliseum instance immediately. I don’t know about the “level 100” thingy.

You can queue into the Coliseum right now, actually, but it’s like trying to run LFR in pre-BFA raids. Nobody queues for it, so you either need a premade or have to wait for 8.2.

I know it’s hard to get it to pop up an instance since it’s an Epic Battleground and requires a good number of people, but yes, it is available. We will likely do some focused testing during the cycle though so keep an eye out for it and the changes we made for it to make more sense as a BG (like a reinforcement counter so it does actually finish).

4 Likes

We’re trying to form two premades up right now to get in it. Can you confirm if we need full 40 each side to start it? Perhaps the requirement could be lowered for testing purposes?

I thought ashran was hated in WoD?

1 Like

Just confirmed they lifted the level 100 requirement near to the end of legion lol