Ashran Live on the PTR

It was more or less forced, voluntary content in WoD. But in Legion, it became optional, and was a lot better off as a result. A pretty sizeable community aspect popped up in Legion Ashran. Was pretty nice because a lot of people became ‘regulars’ in there, so to speak. Like a speakeasy.

2 Likes

…how high is this reinforcement counter? 20 minute Ashran would be a travesty.

hows it feel too do ashran?
Ya know, one of the first causes of the horde starting this war?

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

Then you lost me.

We have over 33+ in our group on ally right now, Horde side is growing fast too. We’ll q for raids soon.

Could use a few more spunky testers down to have some fun in Ashran!! :grin:

Kinda what I was thinking. Didn’t like it in Legion either.

1 Like

I wish Ashran was open world like before, and not part of a silly instance. All they need to do is add proper Level 120 rewards to it and it will flourish.

All the way up to Legion patch I was playing in Ashran some 4-8 hours a day, and then Legion instanced it, effectively breaking it.

1 Like

Does this mean I can finally finish out the Vol’jin’s Spear rep? I wasted more time than I care to admit farming up 21 Medallions of the Legion to do it only to find out when I used one that the rep is no longer covered on it…

2 Likes

Bornakk, can you move all the spoiler-ish threads about the PTR to In-Development forum where they belong?

Is there a flag I can use to ask for moves?

I tested the Medallion of the Legion on early 8.2 PTR and it still didn’t give any reputation for Vol’jin’s Spear / Wrynn’s Vanguard. I reported it as a bug so hopefully it will get fixed.

I wasn’t able to test whether the 8.2 Ashran itself still gives reputation (for turning in artifacts, etc.) because my queue never popped.

Yeah all I could find on wowhead said it’s been reported as a bug with no official response :frowning:

Thanks for letting me know though! For some reason I’m never able to get on the PTR. My account just hasn’t connected to it since I participated in the Cataclysm Beta :woman_shrugging:t3:

Does it still have that stupid phasing junk?

Should’ve just brought back Gladiator’s Sanctum/Highmaul Coliseum instead of the flaming garbage that is called ashran.

Wait, I thought everybody hated Ashran with a bloody passion during WoD?? I’m no pvper, what changed exactly :thinking:

Most player don’t ,it was a really mess,phasing and achieves no one like or could do to all with pvp on top.That why it was called ashcan.

Bring it on, you swine-loving pig smoochers.

1 Like