150k honor for pvp upgrades in slands

Except they been good about giving catch ups for conquest this xpac, why wouldn’t they add the other things?

At this point conquest is worthless unless you’re a 10 time rank 1 player who can get 2400 quickly with other 10 time rank 1 players.

Normal people are forced to M+ or raid to compete on any level playing field whatsoever in pvp.

1 Like

Well it wasn’t honor gear alone, as you could earn conquest in BG’s too. But honor gear was a lot closer to conquest in terms of ilvl, and there was no need to upgrade any of it. It was short and sweet and put everyone on a nearly level playing field without too much ‘work’ and certainly nothing that required PVE.

WoD had 15 ilvl difference between BiS PVP gear and honor set.

SL has a 68 ilvl difference between the initial honor gear and BiS conquest. And this is even behind the 233 ilvl gear possible in mythic raids.

That seems way off balance, and unnecessarily so. The only reason it is like that, is so PVP gear is not better than PVE gear in PVE.

If they are so different anyway, why not separate them?

The conquest you can buy from the vendor is actually labelled as “unrated.” Also… upgrading unrated conquest gear is tied to renown. Obviously, that means there will be sources of conquest outside of the rated enviroment.

My alliance character was able to pick up AOO in Oribos which is listed to reward conquest. Also, there is a quest in Oribos to win some wpvp events for conquest.

That could all change, ofc.

I don’t know if I’d count the current catch up system as “good” lol… Wod was good. They might not due to giving us what we asked for (even though it’s not really). Vendors never used to.

This doesn’t mean much though. Technically you’re unrated until you hit 1400 no?

This is promising. Gives me some hope. Still most of that means it’s going to be rating gated which I’m still not a fan of. I don’t want to go sweaty try hard on multiple toons, just my main. Meh though. Still too many unknowns with how many weeks out?

Why would it say “unrated” when referring to renown?

Blizzard has already said gear is tied to rating:

I do remember honor buddy botting. And the win trading or ddosing. I also remember WoD losing so many subscribers in the first year they stopped reporting numbers.

Yes. It should be.

1 Like

Right because bfa did so well that they had to bribe people to subscribe long term with mounts lol

2 Likes

Blizzard has a history of not announcing what they are doing with unrated gearing. That doesn’t mean there won’t be a pathway for unrated.

Maybe they should fix that problem instead of destroying PVP gearing next time.

Apparently there was no PVE content? I wouldn’t know because I happily PVPd the entire time, right up until the bitter end.

I would love to hear why you think this way.

2 Likes

Just have to love the narrow-minded hypocrisy of some people. They will argue that:

1. They should not be forced to do content that they don’t like (PvE) in order to compete in content they do like (rated PvP).

But, also…

1. People should be forced to do content they don’t like (rated PvP) in order to compete in content they do like (random BGs).
5 Likes

Use to what?

That may be in reference to the weekly chest or random loot drops from arena/RBG wins. I’d like my conquest gear to be just as upgradable as the gear rated folks can access but yeah, doesn’t sound to me like that’s the plan which is disappointing.

Facts.

1 Like

You know that has been a thing since cata right? Remember they gave d3 for free for 1 year sub

1 Like

Gear tied to rating is a horrible idea.
They only do it because they have to in order to keep the gear out of pve.

3 Likes

its better than zero catch up like pre mop

Imagine if you downloaded CS:GO and your magazines had half the ammo until you reached DMG. And extra ammo once you were GE. Just to make sure who ever gets there first can’t keep others out.

Rating gated PVP gear is the single stupidest idea they’ve ever implemented. Unfortunately none of the top streamers or pvp’ers care about this issue, because they won’t have to deal with it.

3 Likes

Vendors used to be seperate for honor and conquest. If they’re going back to that they wouldn’t have conquest for casual. That being said, since it’s rating gated they might be more willing to modify it.

Yet I don’t think any had near as many as bfa. How many mounts were there for bfa? Don’t remember any for mop/wod/legion.

Eh not really. You could still endlessly grind a very decent honor set which probably took less time to get the entire 460 set for bfa. Then the conquest you only had to do your ten wins. I had more alts in mop than bfa by like 3X

2 Likes

Still are.

Both mop and wod had conquest for casual.

Yeah again I said a catch up is better than no catch up and said pre mop. If you are going to try and say pre mop was alt friendly for pvp going to have to disagree hard.

They did? You no longer get bis gear by afking yolo bgs.

So did the other 12 or so people that stayed. No one like zero character progression in an mmo. Crazy.

Why gear should be rewarded by effort? Do you not remember “welfare epics?”

Guess vanilla, bc, and wrath were horrible. Who knew.

1 Like