WoW Hotfixes - Updated January 23

Hi Devs, I hope you all have had a Happy Christmas and that you’re all doing well.

Dear Devs, for these New Year I would like to kindly ask you to finally fix the issue, excuse me, I meant to say, the very extremely annoying issue that has been among us since PRE-PATCH! Where when a hunter uses “Feign Death” you’re no longer able to see that hunter’s nameplate and healthbar. With all the respect, this is totally unacceptable because the glitch has been there for over 60 days already.

Wait, before someone says something, I know, I know: “you can use an addon to replace Blizzard’s nameplates” to that, I respond "90% of addons are giving LUA errors and notifications of incompatibility and issues where the game blocks your abilities and tells you to disable that addon and you have to reload the game; so addons are not a solution to this, the solution to this is to fixing the problem for once and for all. (I’d like to say that by text you can’t see my expressions or hear my voice tone, I’m saying this directly but in the nicest way, just want to clarify that because these days everyone is so dramatic and sensitive and then they just point at you labeling you as “toxic” or “salty” and I am not being toxic or salty or angry or in any bad way, you can’t fix people’s sensitivity set to maximum crying babies but you can fix the visual bug and make us all feel better while playing the game :P)

I hope you end this awful 2022 to start an amazing 2023 and if you had a nice 2022 (with and extreme inflation and interest rates rises) I wish that the next year to be also great :slight_smile: All the best to everyone

Give this post a thum-… a heart for a bug fix :3

2 Likes

If youre talking about about pve i dont think any of that matters. Noone cares if a class is op at pve. What im saying is warriors could play with their eyes closed in pvp and still come out on top. Atleast rogue is a class that has to react to situations unlike warriors, so yes that was a dig at warrior.

I dont play hunter so i thought this may have been a pvp talent or something but thanks for mentioning it because this does need to be fixxed.

It appears that this is a list of hotfixes that have been applied to a game. Hotfixes are typically small, urgent changes that are made to a game in order to address bugs or other issues that have been identified by the developers or players. These hotfixes can include changes to gameplay mechanics, balance adjustments, and bug fixes.

In this particular list of hotfixes, it seems that a variety of changes have been made to classes, dungeons and raids, player versus player content, professions, quests, and reputation. These changes appear to be aimed at addressing various bugs or balance issues, and may be intended to improve the overall gameplay experience for players.

It’s worth noting that hotfixes are usually made as quickly as possible in order to address pressing issues, and as a result, they may not be as thoroughly tested or as polished as other updates or patches. Players may therefore continue to encounter bugs or other issues even after hotfixes have been applied. If you encounter any problems or issues while playing the game, it might be helpful to report them to the game developers so that they can be addressed in future updates.

When you do updates, would you please use numbers to shorten the title? On Mobile - “WoW Hotfixes - Updated Decem…” is less useful than “WoW Hotfixes - Updated 12-21”

1 Like

Hey all, and Happy New Year! Here are today’s hotfixes.

January 3, 2023

Classes

• Paladin
    • Holy
      • Fixed an issue where Divine Resonance would not heal if no target was selected.
    • Protection
      • Fixed an issue preventing Inner Light’s damage effect from triggering.
    • Retribution
      • Fixed an issue where Crusade incorrectly increased damage dealt without having the corresponding Avenging Wrath talent.

Dungeons and Raids

• Algeth’ar Academy
    • Overgrown Ancient
      • Increased the amount of time between abilities, particularly in relation to Burst Forth.
        • Developers’ Note: The combination of Germination and Burst Forth is the most dangerous part of the encounter. We hope by giving this moment more space, players will be better able to prepare for and recover from it.
  • Azure Vaults
    • Azureblade
      • Increased the time it takes for Azureblade to drain their mana.
  • The Nokhud Offensive
    • Nokhud Lancemasters are less talkative when firing their ballistae.
    • The Raging Tempest
      • Lightning Strike damage reduced by 10%.
      • Energy Surge damage reduced by 50%.
      • Surge of Power duration increased to 18 seconds (was 15 sec).
    • Teera and Maruuk
      • Slightly increased Maruuk’s movement speed.
      • Added a slight delay on Quick Shot after Teera uses Gale Arrow.
  • Ruby Life Pools
    • Melidrussa Chillworn
      • Reduced the absorb value of Ice Bulwark by 25%.
      • Reduced party-wide periodic damage of Chillstorm by 33%.
    • Erkhart Stormvein
      • Interrupting Cloudburst now has a 2 sec. school lockout when it interrupts a spell (was 4 seconds).
      • Stormslam is now cast less frequently.
  • Temple of the Jade Serpent
    • Lesser Sha and Malformed Sha’s ability ‘Sha Eruption’ no longer ignores line of sight.
    • Sha of Doubt
      • Increased the recast cooldown of Touch of Nothingness.
      • Wither Will now prefers targets that are not under the effects of Touch of Nothingness.
  • Vault of the Incarnates
    • Fixed an issue with the intermission enemies’ Presence abilities being able to pierce magic immunities on the Kurog Grimtotem encounter.

Player versus Player

• Classes
    • Paladin
      • Protection
        • Fixed an issue preventing Guardian of the Forgotten Queen from benefiting from cooldown reduction from Gift of the Golden Val’kyr.
        • Fixed an issue preventing Aura of Reckoning from correctly extending Sentinel.

Professions

• Many professions’ weekly quests have had their quest item drop rates increased.
  • Alchemy
    • Aerated Phial of Quick Hands is now a valid target for Reclaim Concoctions.
  • Enchanting
    • Reduced the vendor price of Chromatic Focus to be more in line with other uncommon profession equipment vendor prices.
3 Likes

REVERT THIS NOW

5 Likes

Oh how I missed these long hotfix notes after how long? One or two weeks.

1 Like

:dracthyr_nod: :dracthyr_uwahh_animated: :dracthyr_nod:

LET FLY!

:dracthyr_yay_animated:

5 Likes

So now we just need some more class balance changes.

5 Likes

I never had a problem with this personally, but this is a pretty funny change.

Great now make it so we can aoe Bonemaw in shadowmoon after he submerges as well as bleed the totems before the raging tempest unless you just don’t want bleed specs to attack to the totems to attack the totems

I just did the Tailoring quest and the drop rate and respawn rate of the npcs is still pretty poor. Had to kill quite a lot to get enough pincers and wait around a lot for respawns.

While the enchanting quest seemed like it was pretty much 100% drop rate, which was fantastic, but again the respawn rate of the npcs was super slow that there was too much waiting around and competition between players that made it take forever to complete.

Fix…balance…druid…

Help, someone send a search party. The druid class dev and druid community manager cannot be found. They are M.I.A… While you’re searching see if you can find Blizards voice so we can address the lack of communication in the druid community.

Ruby life pools needs more nerfs.

2 Likes

They need to fix the devas spec to you lucky you will have a higher rework soon

Blizzard Employees are just regular people with families and Christmas holidays, too. WoW is a job for them, not a game and jobs get holiday time.

4 Likes

I know that that’s why I said “I missed these long winded hotfixes” (paraphrased)

Emphasis on “missed”

Have you considered fixing the Screams of the Void bug for Spriests? We already suck, it would be nice not to be bugged and also suck.

1 Like

The foliage in temple of the jade serpent needs pruning.

1 Like