WoW Hotfixes - Updated January 23

125 x 4. Each profession quest has 2 weekly quests to do. Or something like that.

Ok, so it was taking into account both professions then.

Does the work order quest give rep too? Because not all professions have work orders (enchanting/alchemy) do not.

Yes. But it seems some people maybe were deleting there professions and learning others to get more rep from the weekly quests.

Its a problem since they locked a ton of recipes and profession skill poibts from this rep.

There is no farmable way to level this rep which feels bad to catch up on rep. I personally wish the rep was account wide. As well as the other rep recipes. I been doing a ton of rep farming across my crafters. Its annoying but I didnt relearn my professions.

I just use the contract from the auction house. The rank 3 consortium contract gives 15 rep per daily quest. Honestly I really wish crafying recipes were accountwide. Its just a ton of rep farming and catch up on alts. You can’t even catch up with the artisan’s consortium rep which feels bad.

1 Like

so when are yall gonna BAN EVOKER FROM PVP BELOW LVL 60. SHOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM CAUSING 5 AND 6K ATTACKS WHEN MY HEALTH POOL IS 2.7K MY I LVL IS UNDER 50 AND THEY START WITH OVER ILVL 200 THIS IS CRAP!! TRY TO PLAY PVP AT LVL 20 AND ALL IT IS EVOKER 1 SHOT LOSE 6 GAMES IN A ROW DUE TO LVL 70 EVOKERS PAIRING WITH TWINKS AND MY WHOLE TEAM GETTING 1 SHOTTED EVERY GAME CANT EVEN REPORT IT THEY DONT EVEN START AT LVL 10 AND SHOULD NOT B ABLE TO PVP WITH ANYTHING LESS THAN LVL 58 THEY DO NOT SCALE DOWN WELL AT ALL

Is this 500 total per week, period, or 500 per profession per week for a total of 1,000 per week?

Asking because I just did my “craft something and turn it in to the trainer” quest for Enchanting and got 375 rep, then immediately did the Jewelcrafting equivalent quest and only got 125 rep. That’s 500 rep right there, exactly.

When I do my gathering quests (Heart of a Giant / Fireproof Gear) for Knowledge, should I expect to get 0 rep from them since I’ve already gained my 500 for the week, or can I still gain another 500 since I have two professions?

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

December 20, 2022

Achievements

• I’m Playing All Sides was erroneously awarding credit for turning keys into Bazentus at the Obsidian Forge. The has been corrected and may require turning in another key to gain that credit.
  • For Honor Our Ancestors, Dihar the Unyielding asks for 5 tier 2 Writhebark. The text will be updated to specify this next patch.

Classes

• Evoker
    • Devastation
      • Fixed an issue where Pyre could occasionally not be cast despite having enough essence.

Dungeons and Raids

• The Azure Vaults
    • Adjusted the Shrieking Whelps so that while they are out of combat, they are not considered targets for area of effect or chain abilities, unless they are directly targeted by them.
    • Umbrelskul
      • Oppressive Miasma no longer breaks stealth on Mythic difficulty.
  • The Nokhud Offensive
    • Primal Thunderbeast’s Chain Lightning damage reduced by 30% on Mythic+ difficulty.
  • Vault of the Incarnates
    • Dathea, Ascended
      • Reduced the melee damage of Volatile Infusers by 50% on Normal difficulty.
      • Reduced the number of Unstable Gusts on Normal difficulty.
      • Conductive Mark now targets 4 players regardless of raid group size.
      • Conductive Mark periodic damage now scales with raid group size.
    • Kurog Grimtotem
      • Abilities like Death Strike should now properly account for the damage of Kurog’s Sundering Strike.
    • Raszageth
      • The health of the following enemies has been reduced by 50%:
        • Surging Ruiner
        • Oathsworn Vanguard
        • Stormseeker Acolyte
        • Frostforged Zealot
        • Flamesworn Herald

Professions

• Fixed and issue where players could wear more than 2 Embellished pieces of gear under certain conditions.
  • We have increased the amount of Primal Chaos gained in much of M+, particularly in the mid levels (5-15) to reduce the total runs needed to earn enough Primal Chaos to craft equivalent levels of profession gear.

Quests

• Ohn’ahran Plains
    • Fixed an issue where “Academic Acquaintances” was not able to be completed for some players.
  • Thaldraszus
    • Increased the spawn rate of water elementals for the world quest “Depth Charge.”
  • Valdrakken
    • The weekly “Relic Recovery” and “Preserving the Past” dungeon quests will now appear on the map for Valdrakken.

• Fixed an issue where Tuskarr fishing nets occasionally yielded no fish.
3 Likes

another 3 games of evoker paired with twinks all having 30+ kills my whole team 0 kills

So, uh… Can we get a grace period after daily resets to pick those fish up, or have the partner collect them or something? I’ve gotten a grand total of 0 fish from those nets ever.

Rest shaman and pvp need more help the 15% we are gabage in arena

Somehow with like a 10-15% DPS buff Shadow is still awful. Will they be usable at some point? Because so far I join raids and then get removed for low dps despite being literally 93-99 on Warcraft Logs.

DH still doing huge damange and healing in BGs.

40% more of each than the next DPS.

Reato Druids and Prot Warriors need half a dozen to bring them down.

This always happens with Disintegrate, much more often.

No, they didn’t expect people to drop professions every single week and do every single profession quest every single week.

They had already fixed the initial profession quests to only grant rep twice per toon. (Like two professions total). This was fixed shortly after people exploited to to get to rank 5/6.

Then this is fixing the fact they didn’t immediately fix the weekly quests as well.

This very clearly falls into exploit territory because they fixed the first bug and people found another bug similar to it an exploited it again.

I posted about this last week in the hotfix thread, and have an active ticket open about it - but are you guys going to refund the Spark of Ingenuity people used on this before you hotfixed it to no longer require a Spark Item? Or are you just saying “you’re screwed” to people who did?

2 Likes

All I gotta say is a big yikes if you turned in a Spark item for that. Yes it’s Blizzard’s fault it had a ridiculous requirement to begin with but that’s absolutely something where logic dictates waiting precisely because of the absurdity of the ask.

That being said, I hope they do something about it because it’s still ultimately something they set up to allow such an error.

PLEASE FIX REST SHAMAN 15 % IS NOT GOOD SHAMAN FEEL LIKE GRAP

Academic Aquaintances is still not able to be turned-in. Is it now OK to abandon and re-acquire, or is that still problematic?

2 Likes

It rewards a toy. I figured I needed to give a spark eventually I might as well give my first one because people still aren’t high enough crafting levels to make crafted gear that’s better than most of the gear I got from rares.

It went through all of beta with that requirement. We had no reason to think it was going to be changed. Especially since they had already changed the requirements to not use grey items a few weeks ago. Figured if they were gonna change the spark requirement it would have been then.

But if we had been told it would change I would have waited. I am not the only one who used a spark on it either. Lol.

1 Like

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

December 21, 2022

Classes

• Evoker
    • Preservation
      • Fixed an issue that could cause Rewind and Golden Hour to heal for unintended values when multiple Preservation Evokers are in a group or raid.
  • Rogue
    • Assassination
      • Fixed an issue that prevented Kingsbane from being modified by certain effect types. This notably included: The Rogue’s recent all ability damage reduction, Elaborate Planning’s damage modifier, and Master Assassin’s critical strike chance modifier.

Dungeons and Raids

• Vault of the Incarnates
    • Fixed an issue where Vantus Runes were not logging in advanced combat logs.
    • Kalecgos now summons a portal allowing players to travel from The Primal Bulwark to The Outer Seal after Eranog has been defeated.
    • Unstable Earth’s Earth Detonation damage reduced by 40% on all difficulties.
    • Unstable Frost’s Frost Detonation damage reduced by 40% on all difficulties.
    • Unstable Flame’s Flame Detonation damage reduced by 36% on all difficulties.
    • Unstable Storm’s Storm Detonation damage reduced by 36% on all difficulties.
    • Removed Living Flame and Primal Stormsentry from the first group of enemies on the way to Kurog Grimtotem after defeating Sennarth on all difficulties.
    • Fixed an issue with the Primalist Flamecaller on the way to Kurog Grimtotem where it did not regenerate health after leaving combat on all difficulties.
    • Awakened Juggernaut’s Colossal Smash damage reduced by 20% on all difficulties.
    • Awakened Juggernaut health reduced by 17% on all difficulties.
    • Primal Stormsentry’s Electric Surge damage reduced by 20% and the time between casts increased on all difficulties.
    • Fixed an issue where lava from the Djaradin did not project on stairs properly on all difficulties.
    • Reduced the start/end size and growth rate of the lava from the Djaradin on all difficulties.
    • Raszageth
      • Thunderous Blast can no longer damage pets.
      • Raszageth’s health has been reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Stormsurge’s Shield has been reduced by 50% on Mythic difficulty.

Player versus Player

• Mage
    • Ring of Fire will now more consistently apply to enemies who are standing still.
  • Solo Shuffle
    • 100 wins above 2400 rating in Solo Shuffle now awards the title of “Legend” and the Legend: Dragonflight Season 1 achievement.
  • War Mode
    • The following changes have been made to Qalashi Wingshredder:
      • Cooldown reduced to 1 minute (was 2 minutes).
      • Cast time reduced to 1 second (was 2 seconds).
      • Range increased to 300 yards (was 200 yards).
      • Time for the ability to reach the target changed to 1 second (was based on distance travel time).

Professions

• Fixed an issue where items in the player’s bank were not considered valid targets for salvaging.

Quests

• Valdrakken
    • The weekly “Relic Recovery” and “Preserving the Past” dungeon quests will now appear on the map for Valdrakken.

• Iskaara Tuskarr
    • Community Feast bosses should now reliably reward the correct amount of reputation when killed.
2 Likes

Can you please fix the dungeon finder? Dungeons are missing from the dungeon finder while using Chromie Time.

I’m level 59 and cant queue for a single Cataclysm dungeon. Only 9 Classic Dungeons show up, 3 of those are for Maraudon.

I’ve made a bug report already and others have made posts about this as well. Not being able to queue for dungeons is a big problem. Please fix asap

Praise Jesus.