Little things that made Classic better

In 1.12, find minerals and find herbs are available.

Where the mini map shows them isn’t exactly pin point accurate but close enough for government work.

2 Likes

Aw, I was kinda looking forward to the really old school gathering. Not the end of the world but the sense of discovery in those days was pretty cool.

1 Like

What I loved about vanilla that every expansion has gotten farther and farther away from is the class fantasy. Your rogue had to learn to make poisons and you had to keep in stock or risk running out. Hunter is the big one, where so much of your time is spent keeping your pet happy, leveling it, making or buying ammo. All of that is gone. Needing reagents to cast spells. Your mage jumps off the cliff, oh crap no light feathers!

I guess it comes down to the point that there really wasn’t any instant gratification in vanilla. You had to work for everything and that gave a sense of meaning and accomplishment. And that’s what I miss that retail fails hard on.

21 Likes

So folks in this thread don’t want more portals? :wink: Personally I did enjoy this aspect as well for the reasons you mentioned. I don’t know if the ocean drops will still happen in Classic though :smile:

Another thing I did like was attunements. I enjoy questing and so those felt like epic quests to push through, and help others with.

104 Likes

Welp now ye done it Bornakk. This here thread gonna blow up big time!

Good job lad.

Edit: Seems I’ve found meself a weird problem with cappsing them random letters.

4 Likes

Glad I could help…?

16 Likes

Now ye get it.

8 Likes

I liked the stuff that made it feel like you were in a proper fantasy world.

Building a campfire required wood. Firing a bow required arrows, which was faster if you had a quiver equipped. Hunters needed to feed and generally care for their pets because it was a bond. Spells took reagents.

25 Likes

Thank you for posting this. Especially the part about the attunement. Its hard at times to look past the Blue part of your posts sometimes and remember you’re players just like us.

Can’t wait for the great epic jail break chain myself!

10 Likes

Aye this is very true. I take advantage o’ it though to pick on ye blue lads every now and then like I did here ol’ Bornakk.

Nay know why I keep wantin’ to call ye Bronakk though.

First word of every sentence: S P I A I. S is the 19th letter, P=16, I=9, A=1, I=9. Sum is 54. 5/4 release date confirmed

7 Likes

Oh god, “be prepared” for massive as hell salt oml. Thanks for the update btw! Despite the salty sea that may be coming, it’s always thanked!

Edit: By the way. Illidan = Bornakk and the skull is this thread.

Edit: P.S. Bornakk if you see this, if you play DH I will so lmfao.

LOL GJ this will work wonders!

Ye hear that Bornakk! We know yer secrets lad! We know how ye clue things in!

CLASSIC 5-4-19!

2 Likes

I liked how even lower level recipes we’re still useful in some way

9 Likes

I’ve already had to sit down and re-plan my attunements, not just Onyxia and Molten Core, but the Stratholme Key, Seal of Ascension, Scarlet Monastery Key, Dire Maul Key.

Getting access to these places through quest chains always felt far more epic than “Hit Join in the LFR interface”.

10 Likes

Oh man, my thread got a blue response. I feel special now. :wink:

2 Likes

So Bornakk is like Hagrid where you’re Harry?
I felt more like the Illidan seen but okay lad.

Comes out of the blue, says a single line and now ye special. Does make sense.

I really enjoyed the slower pace of combat. Modern WoW has more button smashing than an arcade beat em up game, and that’s not what I want in a RPG.

12 Likes

Mages are always an option for people that want more portals.

I wanted portals back in Vanilla, so I rolled a mage and got them.

4 Likes