Sin'dorei Proud of Their Heritage

So I have come to a disturbing realization lately:

• That a vast majority of my sin’dorei brethren and sistren care not for being blood elves but are more attracted to the yawn-worthy, standard, generic fantasy schlock Tolkien goody-goody Elves and they yearn to be these Elves.

• That the push for Alliance High Elves is to fulfill this fantasy stereotype.

Now that’s all fine and dandy; whatever floats your boat, my guys. But I am curious - are there any other sin’dorei players who actually adore their heritage and are proud of it?

I, for one, LOVE being a Blood Elf. I am proud to be part of the Horde, even if the fit doesn’t seem to be a perfect one on paper at first glance. I will never forget the injustices at the hand of the Alliance, and I can’t bear the thought of being second fiddle to boring humans of Stormwind.

Are there other Blood Elves like me who enjoy the dastardly badassery of TBC-era sin’dorei?

39 Likes

You mean the injustice at the hands of the last surviving Lordaeron commander who was only in charge due to being the highest ranking survivor. Lordaeron the nation that isn’t a part of the modern Alliance. Lordaeron, whos people you’re allied with in the Horde?

56 Likes

sometimes to win, you’ve got to sin…dorei

6 Likes

Yep, that’s the one.

t. guy who was there

• proud blood elf
  • demon hunter

are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure?

18 Likes

Um, even before that - we had to endure the shoddy ethic of humans, in general. Second Alliance, etc.

2 Likes

That was the most interesting aspect about blood elves when they were first introduced; elves that weren’t this sad, wistful world-has-passed-us-by emos.

15 Likes

Blood Elves live up to their name.

Their blood is tasty :wink:

Feed me the Blood of a Sin’dorei!!!

6 Likes

Naming ourselves Blood Elves doesn’t change the fact that we’re High Elves. The sad little band of Alliance High Elves will either eventually die out or come crawling back to Silvermoon to be united with us under the Horde banner.

14 Likes

A rose by any other name.

I would never want to be goody-goody Alliance quel’dorei though. Ugh. Even the Silver Covenant makes me sick.

6 Likes

Yeah not only is the story of tolkien elves depressing its also exhausting.

Tolkien Dwarves go out with a bang tho!

3 Likes

Too bad that ended in TBC as well.

3 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: Horde members victimized by other Horde members, proceed to blame Alliance. Business continues as usual. More at 11.

46 Likes

Quel’Thalas shines with the Horde, and we look way better in red anyway

15 Likes

Garithos was a member of the Grand Alliance though. I know what you guys are getting at, the ol’ Lordaeron = Forsaken angle, but that simply isn’t true.

Anyway, Blood Elves look towards a bright future, one that doesn’t have the snivelling human hegemony in it.

3 Likes

You lost me here. Are you some kind of obsessed trailblazer who can’t stand established fantasy ideas?

6 Likes

I like relative originality, yes, though without the fanaticism you seemed to ascribe there.

Generic elves are boring, stagnant, perfect, dull.

Blood Elves are/were flawed, different, real and interesting.

2 Likes

I’m a Sin’dorei, tall and proud. Our faction of Thalassian Elves isn’t perfect, but that’s what makes them appealing in my opinion.

We used demonic energy to power our city here and there, we have Warlocks, we decided to break ties with the Alliance, we found commonality among the Horde and we even brainwashed some dissenters in Silvermoon City. Great.

The goody-goody High Elves now associate with bestial Worgen, Void Elves, even the Night Elves and Humans (well, it was mostly Lordaeron’s Humans and not Stormwind’s humans that caused the BElves grief, but whatever) as well. The Night Elves exiled us from our former homeland and the humans of Lordaeron treated the still loyal Kael’thas poorly enough that they all but directly begged him to act in a manner that would warrant execution.

Now? Well, we’re a little bitter and have had to endure hardships.

7 Likes

Well, kind of yeah. I just can’t help but feel like I should be holding a dry martini in one hand and an overly long cigarette in the other… which resting my feet on the backs of races I consider “lesser” whenever I play my belf. I try to concentrate on the good stuff though. But if high elves are ever added… I’m race changing. Also ignore that my char is naked… the trial of style got… intense.

This is also why I main a night elf, bc

1. Their not as stuffy
  2. Their Closer to the classical concept of elves
  3. And can pull off the whole “ancient race” vibe.
1 Like

How is this not true? The people who persecuted the blood elves were literally from the Kingdom of Lordaeron. Garithos was the highest ranking commander left in Lordaeron’s military. He clung to status of being part of the “Grand Alliance” yet the human kingdoms aside from Dalaran and Lordaeron make absolutely no appearance in the Warcraft 3 campaigns (save for Kul Tiras in the bonus campaign). Are you making the argument that it was the Alliance’s values that made the Lordaenians xenophobic and, now that most of them are undead, they’re absolved of all responsibility?

Actually, you could make the argument that Lordaenians are still xenophobic, even in the Horde. They prefer the comfort of the undead to that of the living, and seek to raise as many individuals as possible into their army.

Case in point; Sylvanas knew Vereesa wouldn’t be accepted amongst the Forsaken in War Crimes so long as she was alive, and so offered her the opportunity to be raised as a dark ranger.

TL;DR Lordaenians are still prejudiced. The Alliance has nothing to do with it.

22 Likes