Sin'dorei Proud of Their Heritage

Just don’t go calling anything Tolkien yawn-worthy or generic. Just because so many have used his work for inspiration doesn’t make the original boring. Especially considering how fleshed out Elven culture and language is in Middle Earth.

Regarding Blood Elves, I think it would have been more interesting if they were the splinter group rather than the ones who remained High Elves.

12 Likes

Different strokes.

He was a genius at world-building and establishing a mythos. His strengths aren’t characterization or prose, the latter being simply dreadful.

1 Like

I’m only for the Helf so I can have the same beauty and armor looks on Ally side for my DK and Mage.

i’ve only read the hobbit which i didn’t think much of. people tell me lotr itself is much better, but that’s a long story to commit to when the writing wasn’t there.

logic detected

initiate thread shutdown protocol

12 Likes

I don’t. I think it was an interesting development for the Thalassian Elves. It would have been nice if this type of factional ambiguity and crossover stuff was limited to the Thalassian Elves, but then Blizzard decided to introduce the Pandaren (which were actually implemented fairly passably in my opinion)… but then the Void Elves; who were initially Blood Elf exiles turned Alliance but are now supposedly swelling their numbers with High Elves as well.

If anything, I think that the High Elves being a splinter faction that held onto their relations with the Alliance makes them even more interesting. Now we have both the High Elves and Blood Elves being regarded as interesting for different reasons.

2 Likes

Forsaken’s entire claim on Lordaeron is based on “we ARE the people of Lordaeron”, you can’t have it both ways. Either they are the people of Lordaeron or they aren’t.

19 Likes

Yes. This is the only reason I forced myself to play this expansion. I sat half a year (or longer) because I just can’t stomach what they are doing to the Horde but, I need that heritage armor. Even if it turns out that this expansion will be my last- I want to go out, the way I came in.

3 Likes

Best bazinga ever.

Sure, when all High Elves suffer amnesia as a result of a stroke. That or when Blood Elves decide to mass mind control them, just like they keep doing every 5 minutes publicly in Silvermoon City to any elf who dares to question Silvermoon’s alliances.

4 Likes

I am a proud blood elf!

5 Likes

To be fair, The Blood Elves being ruthless and dangerous cool morally questionable elves didn’t last very long.

The moment The Sunwell was restored, Blood Knights went from being chaotic dark masters who enslaved the light, to being generic paladins.

13 Likes

To be fair. The elven races are generally pretty arrogent and look down upon other races.

The reason why the human commander in the rts games hated the belfs was because the elves treated him and his troops poorly. It was belf forces that abandoned his family and home to get destroyed by orcs.

When the orcs first invaded azeroth the elves only put a real army on them after the elves suffered direct losses.

Then lets not forget belfs obeying gary’s orders is the reason why theramore and purge of dalaran had even happened.

The belfs like all the other races have made plenty of mistakes.

My point is this. The races of azeroth discriminate against one another all the time. Interracial relationships are taboo. The wow universe isnt ideal by any means.

Lets also be honest belfs are isolationists. That would rather stay in thier island studying magic and be left alone.

6 Likes

if interracial marriages are taboo then why is every elf woman with a human dude? lol

1 Like

Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one that doesn’t get excited or fanboy over elves.

Elves are just elves to me. Throw a rock on either side and you’ll hit 14 of them.

4 Likes

laughs in Zandali

1 Like

I don’t get it?

Zandalari are everywhere. Just like elves.

3 Likes

Dang, the Alliance got Zanda trolls!? Why aren’t the forums ablaze with ragesalt?!

Where did I say Zandalari were Alliance? :thinking:

It’s just as I feared: Not enough sin’dorei proud to be sin’dorei :cry: