Additional Season 4 Class Tuning -- August 9

With scheduled weekly maintenance (tomorrow, August 9 in this region), we intend to make further adjustments to Survival Hunters and Destruction Warlocks.

Hunter

• Survival
    • Set Bonus (4): Mad Bombardier damage bonus has been reduced to 50% (was 70%).
    • Mongoose Bite damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
    • Raptor Strike damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
    • Corrected an issue where Raptor Strike was dealing less damage than intended while Aspect of the Eagle was active.
    • Serpent Sting damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
    • Kill Command damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
      • Developers’ notes: The Survival Hunter Mad Bombardier 4-piece set bonus is still causing Survival Hunters to overperform in multi-target situations. We’re lowering the effectiveness of the 4-piece bonus while also increasing the damage of several single target abilities to offset this loss of damage against a single target.

Warlock

• Destruction
    • Rain of Fire damage reduced by 20%.
    • Immolation Aura (from Infernal) reduced by 20%.
      • Developers’ notes: We’re still seeing Destruction excel in multi-target situations. We’re applying additional changes here to stabilize their throughput when scaling with high target counts.
9 Likes

soooooooo no boomkin buffs?

9 Likes

why fix dungeons when u can nerf tier sets…

18 Likes

Oh look no dh tuning to no one’s surprise

14 Likes

Uhhh… You know that’s also a nerf to Destro’s single-target, right? And Destro isn’t particularly cracked in pure ST outside of bosses that involve the AoE clown fiesta affix, which Demo also goes crazy on for different reasons.

Now, make no mistake: these nerfs are somewhat warranted. But this seems a little excessive.

17 Likes

stop with the nerfs and begin with some buffs.

30 Likes

Buff moonkin

8 Likes

Goodbye warlocks. No longer will I have to see a flood of boosted players in my invite list wondering if they’re capable of pressing rain of fire or not.

11 Likes

Buff ele sham

9 Likes

Since the other thread was wiped…

Nerf won’t change the meta. Same 5 specs.

How about we buff every other spec so we can all have fun instead of focusing on nerfing 2 specs and pissing off people again?

20 Likes

What about Affliction locks doing 2-3 times the Dps of anyone else in PvP. Just nerf them by 50% thanks.

4 Likes

This. Please help out the lowest performing specs. Buff disc, misteaver, balance, etc…

2 Likes

Kinda cringe, ngl

Must be cause they didn’t address the real problems besides class tuning still no return of experience buff and slime cat in LFR not to mention solo players get donkey :poop: in S4.

1 Like

I play survival in m+ in low 20’s keys, and I’m really happy with this. It was still overperforming compared to other specs, and Destro was still busted in M+. Happy to see more regular tuning passes, I really hope you all keep this up in all future content.

6 Likes

Blizzard are a bunch of donkeys instead of bringing the bottom up the bring the top down, i dont even know how they got all that data in one week after the last nerfs went through they are 100% out of touch with the game they manage its more disappointing and cringe at the same time, time and time again they prove how ignorant and out of touch they really are.

8 Likes

I hope solo players never get anything again at the rate ya’ll cry

12 Likes

they got a lot of data already this week with folks running 25s and 26s already…

I do agree that they need to bring some of the bottom specs up in addition to these nerfs though.

insert the office dwight evil laugh gif here.

actual poggers.

Yet BDKs and HPriests probably be 95+% top rio and no nerfs?
Nice balancing blizz.

4 Likes