Become a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic

Become a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic

The Lich King’s armies present an ever-present threat to all life on Azeroth. Some of his most terrifying servants are known as Death Knights—unliving instruments of the Lich King’s will.

View Full Article

12 Likes

A hero, that’s what you once were. You stood boldly against the shadow and purchased another dawn for the world… with your life. But the evil you fought is not so easily banished; the victory you claimed, not so easily held. For now, the specter of death looms over the world yet again and it has found new champions to bring about its final reign. Knights of darkness, wielding runes of death and destruction, bound by the will of the Lich King. This is the hour of their ascension. This is the hour of your dark rebirth…

Still the best starter intro in the game.

40 Likes

um excuse me BlizzardEntertainment, but classic forums are elsewhere. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

General Discussion retail people: "I miss wotlk, it was the best expansion "

Blizzard: "here you go come enjoy the old times, here’s a reminder that wotlk classic is coming "

General Discussion: “WhY dId YoU pOsT tHiS?”

12 Likes

Oh shoot I didn’t know you could be a death knight in wrath

42 Likes

I don’t want to go on a “Classic good Badowlands bad” rant but man, what a difference of impression the Death Knight starter zone is compared to the Maw intro.

There are many similar story-beats - an invasion, an introduction to the villain and his minions to MMO players, an epic final battle that has an unresolved cliffhanger, a Deus Ex Machina by the light… but just the level of execution difference, of narrative weight, of build-up…

It’s crazy to me that Shadowlands is supposed to be the “Sequel” to WOTLK. In the end, most likely Dragonflight will be a truer sequel to WOTLK than SL was (at least in terms of Dragonflight having a similar vibe to Northrend).

8 Likes

Doing everything but the prepatch date.

52 Likes

What a shame, the zombie event was the best thing of all time for a pre patch event

When it was back in Shadowlands pre patch, I enjoyed killing zombie players one by one

1 Like

Give… beta… please…

3 Likes

hey I don’t make the rules, but as a good paladin I must enforce them!

WHEN?!?!?!?!?!? Pre-patch date please.

8 Likes

Speaking of Death Knights, Arthas would like to have a word with you.

…But he can’t, because you destroyed him in a heinous fashion, Blizzard,

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

You can play it right now, just make a DK and fly to Northrend.

But…I can already be a DK on retail wow?

1 Like

Can we just get the 50% experience boost already? There’s no reason not to just add it now.

16 Likes

Why do you want a boost in classic? That’s not the classic experience you guys cried for.

4 Likes
2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’re just trolling Classic players at this point

26 Likes

The #nochanges movement died within the first months of Classic. Not sure why retailers are holding on to this fallacy that all Classic players were like this/are like this still. It’s fine if you don’t like Classic you don’t need to pretend that this is a thing to justify your dislike for it. Different strokes for different folks

6 Likes

Whomever wrote this article must be Ordis from Warframe.

Also, I wonder if Presences would return.

2 Likes