120 Flagged Bats Active During A Personal Request

While trying to Thassarian’s quest to obtain Koltira on my Death Knight (Alliance), there are the flagged bats designed to attack Alliance players on flyers. Since the current expansion is BFA, they are 120, and as a result, will not only aggro fast, but kill fast.

This is a huge oversight and NEEDS to be changed. The rest of the Undercity is instanced, but not those bats. Otherwise, the quest is impossible for an Alliance Death Knight to complete since asking a non-120 Alliance player to try and beat a “Guard” is near impossible.

Relay this information to the QA devs and remove them from the Instanced version of Undercity.

15 Likes

Absolutely. I have attempted this multiple times and get killed almost instantly by the bats. Obviously not with this character.

1 Like

It boggles the mind that this is something that hasn’t been fixed. I mean I’m no expert but it doesn’t seem like it would be something that would be that hard to fix either. It just doesn’t make any sense. I’m currently encountering this issue as well, it sucks that you need to be level 120 to do a simple class campaign quest that is for level 103.

Update: You can actually brute force your way through this quest by repeatedly dyeing until you make it out of the bat’s agro range. You can actually complete the quest by just releasing Koltira without having to complete the instance.

This is still bugged. This quest is impossible.

I was having the same issue. I finally beat it after reading a comment on wowhead. Use a Draenic invisibility potion before you go down the stairs. This should give you enough time to reach the apothecary without being spotted by a bat.

2 Likes

I’ll give this a shot. Had no issues with my undead but my worgen kept getting insta killed and was wondering if was just me. Guess it’s a bug that still hasn’t been fixed.

Still a bug, happened to me today and it looks like Blizz has not even acknowledged the existence of the issue.

Still an issue. What in the heck? How can this be an issue a year later after it was reported?

Still an issue today. Ran into it right before completing :frowning:

Still an issue 5/17/2020

Just finished this today, 5/25/2020 after 3 deaths (goddess I forgot how long a walk it was from the graveyard back to the sewers entrance). Each time I died, i walked in spirit form to the furthest edge of my rez radius and that finally got me out of aggro range of the bats.

Had I know BEFORE I left, I would absolutely buy an invisibility potion, but alas I was already on my 2nd death before I even went looking; first time I was completely caught by surprise since I assumed “instanced version of Undercity, that would mean guards would be roughly my level (104)”.

Blizzard you really need to fix this. This is just sloppy and you are much, much better than this.

3 Likes

Still an issue! It bugged too when i got back to my body and I had to restart all the way back in Dal. Very irritating

1 Like

Still an issue. I found this thread and read through it on the long, long walk back from the graveyard. How is this not fixed yet?

1 Like

Simple. Devs play horde.

Still an issue 10/16/2020 v9.02

2 Likes

still an issue nov3/2020. level 28 doing the quest and 3-shotted by the stupid bat. looks like ill be skipping the rest of the DK story because of this, AND ill be bug reporting.

edit: ive reported the bug, and opened a ticket, and i will continue to keep the ticket open until the bug is fixed, or until they give me credit for the quest. the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

1 Like

i’m not even bothering with the class hall for DK’s. i heard horror stories of how bad it is to rescue Koltira with damn bats that MDK you in mere seconds, and the fact that this is STILL an issue a year later, tells me its “working as intended”.

even though being in a “phased” area, mobs should scale to YOUR level, not be scaled up to MAX lvl.

i’m assuming the bats will still kill you as a Horde DK, because why be difficult, when with a little bit of extra effort, you can be outright impossible?

i don’t know much about coding or programming, but if it were possible to phase the bats out of this scenario, it’d make things easier. bad enough you’ve got aboms and an Elite boss to deal with at the end, we don’t need lvl 50 Elite bats that can one-shot you clear across the Undercity.

Still an issue over a year later. EMBARRASSING!

Looks like this is gonna be one of Blizzard’s eternal bugs… Can’t wait for them to joke about it in a quest some years down the line. I’d imagine they’d do that sooner than actually fix it.

1 Like

Still happening. Unbelievable that this has been allowed to continue. I took the poster’s advice above and did a brute-force runthrough, ignoring the quest reset. only took me two or three times getting one-shotted by the bat to get out of its aggro. Still, it’s super annoying.

1 Like