12 Classes / 4 Covenants

How about class skins? warlock-nercomancer, hunter-dark ranger, etc etc. All the fun of choice and identity without the balancing mess.

1 Like

why does everyone want to take the RPG out of MMORPG, having a sense of player identity is an important factor that we’ve truly lost over the years. There’s no faction pride anymore, there’s no difference between any of the races anymore. Playing classic I know plenty of people playing a human mage or a human priest when gnome and dwarf are just objectively better. All the people complaining about this would rather just be homogeneous blobs where you push builder 5 times, hit spender, repeat. I want my class to be able to do everything that every other class can do rather than wow we have x class in our group so we get access to y utility which is pretty cool.

1 Like

Balance issues are not fun unless you have a fotm fetish or you like not being invited to groups for your choice.

1 Like

No one wants to take the RPG out of MMORPG.

Quite the opposite, we’d like to have the RPG in MMORPG. Ability powers are preventing us from making RPG choices, they’re forcing us to make Mathematical choices.

How is this so hard to grasp ? Some of us WANT to pick a Covenant. We don’t want the overwhelming mathematical advantage of some abilities to pick a Covenant.

3 Likes

Except that it doesn’t.

I literally never change my talents unless an update forces me to pick a talent again. Not a great argument.

Just because you don’t doesn’t mean the majority doesn’t either. Get your garbage anecdotal logic out of here.

1 Like

The only people that care about ‘Ultimate balance’ are those that think a RPG is competitive first, character second.

2 Likes

Ah good to see they swap with specs. But you still have a week CD to swap them. Let’s say I have DPS conduits set as AoE for Mythic+, but now I need more grips for PvP or ST damage for raid, it’s a 1 week lockout. Meaning I have to reserve a soulbind for Raid but the 2nd and 3rd soulbind don’t unlock.

1 Like

It’s almost if you can’t plan around the same reset day that’s been in the game for fifteen years.

When you play in an MMO rpg, balance is very important. We’re not gods from a single player game. We’re playing with other people and our gameplay choices matter.

1 Like

Oh you mean like your entire post?

Nah I think my opinions matter just as much as yours.

In beta the night fae tooltip says 1% damage reduction.

And “up to” 15% strength which depends on the number of enemies.

I still expect the strength part to get nerfed though.

1 Like

I’m picking the Covenant I like so I’m not being forced to pick anything. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s almost like I don’t do activities with 7 days of downtime.

1 Like

Tying character power to this was one of the worst design decisions I’ve ever seen.

I am a casual player who only will raid heroic, maybe, and do what key gets me my chest at the end of the week - this is most players.

I will main a monk, not a brew monk, but a monk. I plan to play all specs. My choice has reflect all 3 specs, and some are great for some specs and woeful for others. Then some abilities are good for 5 man content, not as good for raiding or solo questing.

I do not feel like I am making a meaningful choice, but being punished for wanting to play all my specs at all levels of content.

I have not bought shadowlands yet, and I may not. This awful system will dictate it for me.

2 Likes

My post is not anecdotal. Having your class abilities WILL cause balancing problems. It happened with priests and their races and it’ll happen again on a much grander scale now.

1 Like

MMO is irrelevant. The whole selling point of a ‘MMO’ RPG is to play a RPG with your friends.

What you want is to make everything bland and disinteresting so there’s an ‘even’ playing field.

1 Like

It’s almost like you can’t adapt to what you have and need the game to adapt around you.

And how does making them talents fix balancing issues?

You’ll have the exact same problem. The only exception is you can swap to what ever is FOTM.

You provide zero solutions to the problem at hand, your only trying to convenience yourself.