Flame shock not resetting with lava lash in single target

Is anyone else noticing that lava lash doesn’t reset flame shock in single target atm? Is this a bug or did I miss a nerf?

3 Likes

Unsure if it’s a bug until blue responds. “If all enemies in the area are already affected with Flame Shock, it will refresh the duration of Flame Shock instead”.
Unfortunately leaves open to imagination - does your target count as being in the area, or is it whats surrounding the area of your Lava Lash? Does it refresh only the primary target, or is it supposed to refresh targets in the area, and again - does the area include the primary target or only those around it?
I’m leaning towards yes - there’s a bug.

Yeah just started sepulcher tonight and it wasn’t resetting on the first boss which is what caused me to notice.

1 Like

I just noticed this as well. Pulling Jailer and it wasnt refreshing… It was working fine 30mins ago

1 Like

Yes it was a bug last night during raid, then was fixed, then it’s here again today.

1 Like

yeah, super annoying.

welp, if its a bug i can live with it

glad its a bug it feels really bad.

Yea it was working in single target just a couple hours ago, logged back in did a dungeon and it wasnt refreshing it on single targets anymore.

I just noticed this as well so came to check the forums. Lava lash was working fine to reset the cd on flame shock on single target last night, but it isn’t resetting it tonight now.

I’m finding it’s also not consistently refreshing in AoE and, in particular in M+ on the relics, it will sometimes only spread to 2 of the relics even though they are all stacked on top of each other and even when there are only 4 mobs - for example, when fighting So’leah

Where’s my flameshock refreeeesh! It’s not workinggggg :’(

It was working fine the past two weeks but yesterday and today there’s been some issues and inconsistencies with it. It seemed to be client side yesterday but not the case today.

1 Like

Same problem for me yesterday during the raid and today

I thought I was going crazy while doing some keys. It was working fine, but it’s pretty frustrating with it not refreshing on any targets unless it initially spreads.

Can confirm Lava Lash no longer refreshes Flame Shock. Why Blizz!?

Hello Shaman,

A hotfix went out today that improved the logic of Flame Shock spreading as seen in the hotfix posted very recently:

We have been looking at various discussions after the change was applied to the live servers, and we’re going to be re-adding the functionality of your Lava Lash also refreshing Flame Shock on your primary target while keeping the updated spreading logic.

A quick note that was accidentally left out of the hotfix notes for today, Flame Shock should no longer spread to targets that have crowd control effects on them that will break from damage, such as Polymorph. We will get the hotfix notes updated.

I don’t know if the new hotfix will go out tonight or tomorrow, but it’s being worked on and we’ll be sure to update things when it is ready to go.

28 Likes

Thanks Blizzard, it was really a cool feature even if it started as an accident.

1 Like

Omg, this is huuuuge! So happy! <3

1 Like

I was willing to accept the trade off of FS not reapplying to main target but gaining FS logic with LF. Very happy to see you’ve reverted the potential change. It adds a great amount of QoL that makes the kit feel really fun.

3 Likes