9.2 PvP Feedback

Currently all PvPers have zero way of gaining new conduits because all the worldquests which use to give upgraded conduits or even items which use to upgrade the conduits through some kind of grind have absolutely vanished and been replaced with no way of gaining new conduits for the middle of the grind.

Certain specs remain so insane that everytime blizzard seems to balance them it just ruins the PvP experience for literally anyone besides those playing the FOTM for both Arena and RBGS

I think that while certain classes remain strong it really needs to be a balance bringing up the classes that are underperforming cause right now its literally just Bm hunters, Rdruids, Hpreist, and Demon hunters dominating everyone because they seem to be favorites of someone designing the balance changes. Examples like removing ring countering rdruid bubble tranq just cause it would actually work to counter it. I honestly think that’s like removing Shattering throw because pallies are losing divine shield.

I think blizzard also forgets that people JUST want to Q arena and all these quests and grinds and reputations that are required even the short ones are just in place to force someone who stands in oribos all day and Qs arena to grind out something they absolutely hate. I have been hearing this complaint from literally everyone.

Blizzard just really needs to change something because these are the same problems last patch and the patch before it.

41 Likes

PvP trinket quest seems to be glitched heal absorb trinket seems to be missing

Seems it was added to the vendor and removed from the quest hopefully by accident. This would mean everyone would have to spend 700 conquest just to obtain something that was for free from the quest this week. I think if blizzard is making these decisions they should at least make people aware so they can get something before it gets changed and be totally shafted.

3 Likes

PvP trinket quest is still broken while hotfixes keep going out for other content

1 Like

I just turned it in on my priest and despite the malediction trinket not being in the options when I picked up the quest yesterday, it was available as a reward when I turned it in. Dunno if it was hotfixed or if the display is just bugged, but it was there.

1 Like

Yes! The hotfix for this went out to all regions about 20 minutes ago.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Thank you! If the PvP changes stay regular its gonna be a good season!

1 Like

Any chance we could get wargames for solo shuffle?

2 Likes

Hello! Wargames for solo shuffle exists and was detailed in our patch notes. Reposting here for your convenience.

War Games can be created with the chat commands:
/soloshufflewargame <friend's BattleTag without # or numbers> <optional map name>
or
/sswg <friend's BattleTag without # or numbers> <optional map name>

Example: /sswg <Desvin> <nagrand>

Both players must be party leaders and their party members must total to 6 and have the correct active specializations selected for a valid Solo Shuffle composition.

The chat command to spectate the war game is:
/invitespectatorsoloshufflematch <BattleTag of friend 1> <BattleTag of friend 2> <optional map name>

Example: /invitespectatorsoloshufflematch <Linxy> <Kaivax> <nagrand>

All 3 players must be party leaders. Friend 1 and Friend 2’s parties must be a valid shuffle composition of 6. All players in the party of the player who sends the command will be spectators and given the spectator UI in the game. "

8 Likes

Thank you I had been looking for the exact commands forever and gave up!

Bring it back to topic I think we need to see some serious changes to certain specs to balance out how insane they are currently performing in all formats.

Demo locks seem to be currently insane on how much they can hit you for with demonbolt/Deathbolt which is usually upwards of 77k which i have been hit for through fort brew ,diffuse magic and aegis trinket. Along with the lego and tier set it is almost impossible to stop the damage currently with the aura mastery trinket which is its own problem. You can basically copypaste all the Demo lock things for Afflic locks in RBGs with most teams leaning so hard into the flavor of month with how broken they are U see 4 lock teams which is just bad design to let it stay that way.

Frost mage seems to be in the same ball park with damage being unhealable during deathform which is easy line but also also getting insane heals from iceblock while poly spamming everyone with unkickable CC from the trinket

Dhs seem to be the ultimate livelords with a very basic rotation to do insane DPS with no real punishment for not even using certain CCs (Banish, Fel Eruption) Had a friend show me he doesnt even need to use them to get kills in Arena which is super fun to see.

Guardian druids especially for RBGS need to see a pretty big nerf or at least a tuning to stop people only running them due to how overpowered the stun immune legendary for them is along with not really have to worry about CDs being able to Sleeper everything back.

These are just something I have seen recently within Arena and RBGs and if we are going to see many changes for PvE we also need to see changes for PvP which seems to be seriously lacking in the area of balance especially with the addition of double legos and tier which is basically locking people out of playing the best they can at the moment with Tier sets being so random. (Non tier bonus pieces dropping from the vault without tier is pretty lame).

Obviously I havent hit everything and these are just some glaringly obvious problems that really need addressing

2 Likes

-After I wrote the post, let me preface that my subsequent thoughts are in no way any means of me saying that I do not believe tuning is necessary, because I believe the game will always require tuning as it evolves.-

I will admit it’s pretty nutty, but every class seems to have some kind of “extreme” at the moment which kind of ironically makes it all work lol. Speaking solely from Demonology experience, I know there is easy counter-play to that build. Personally, I’m still learning all the double legendaries and/or 2-4piece bonus counter-plays for each classes new wombo-combos.

Right now there is a huge discrepancy in the learning opportunity because you’re not sure who has the two or four piece bonus, and/or if they have their double legendary. So one match up you can be having ease vs a class and then the next you’ll just get shredded by the same class with the same set up/spell sequence. I have a feeling it will eventually be like when Deathbolt became flavor of the month and every team/class will know how to counter it. We’re just all learning at the moment. PvP is definitely in an…interesting…place right now rofl

One thing I will like to note is PvP is EXTREMELY alt unfriendly right now. It would be nice if Blizzard added some method of us giving our alts tier and Enlightened rep to catch them up so they aren’t so far behind. The power differences considering either one tier bonus or double legendaries is astronomical.

1 Like

Id just love some balance to bring up certain specs and if they stopped leaning so hard against meaningful feedback we could have the balance needed. Locks are obviously an extreme point and require playing differently but it should change a bit and not become totally nerfed to the ground but SOMETHING should happen for certain specs

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m still shocked our poor Arcane brethren have gone all expansion without a hand.

3 Likes

wait till u hear about all the other tank specs besides Guardian druids and Prot Pallies

1 Like

…other tank specs exist???
LIES!

haha good point though. It’s been so long those tank specs have been untouched I actually forgot they haven’t been represented at all.

Now go queue as Brewmaster in Arena to really throw someone off! hah

1 Like

Ive memorized the amount of damage someone takes to kill them in blades edge and dalaran sewers

1 Like