They can patch the raid but not PvP

Seriously, specific raid tuning almost every other day since release… and here we are with 1 PvP tuning since season launch. If I’m being honest the enhance / Fire mage nerfs were so negligible that I can’t even tell the difference.

Why is it so hard to take a look at the new trinkets and see how detrimental the new resonator and echoing resolve has been for competative play?

Why is it so hard to monitor PvP performance as more and more 2/4 piece tier sets are being acquired?

Why is it so hard to be ahead of the curve and pre-nerf problematic double legendaries? (Looking at you demo locks and rogues).

It sucks giving feedback during PTR’s only to feel like we are screaming into the void. I wish they would take PvP seriously in this game and give it it’s own dedicated development team. It could easily be so much better then the half-used torn toilet paper that it is.

20 Likes

Our Tax Dollars hard at work

2 Likes

So nothing has changed? Even when we had templates that made tuning easy, we still didn’t get tuning.

I would love to see more communication from the PvP devs beyond small things

5 Likes

You gotta give them numbers and evidence so they wont just disregard

Certain specs remain so insane that everytime blizzard seems to balance them it just ruins the PvP experience for literally anyone besides those playing the FOTM for both Arena and RBGS

6 Likes

Mate I read on another thread it takes 15s of casting for a demo lock to get the ramp up and someone should of kicked them in that time.

It’d be cool if you went and advocated for actual pvp balancing instead of dalaranwow youtube content (spectator solo shuffle).

I don’t mean that to be as hostile as it probably sounds but its a joke spectator mode gets dev time over the crap show that is pvp balance right now.

4 Likes

Maybe I’m dumb and lack perspective since I only came back this february <1week before s2 ended. But, Since I quit in early s1, where sub rogues and assassination rogues were literally killing people in < 2gcds.

Whats actually changed?

100% crit lego guarantees even more kill power. Vanish becomes another cheese mode offensive that can be thrown anywhere.

2 Likes

But people had 100% crit lego in s1 too yea?

They did and it’s what made rogue extremely broken early S1 prior to the duration nerf in PvP. There were better options prior to double legendary that made it less of a default pick, but now with tier pieces and rogues still being overtuned it’s a strong pick again.

Oh I see gotcha

Yeah, it just lasted longer. And Echoing Reprimand hit for like 30-45% of a guys health, although you could’ve always guaranteed the crit on that with symbols activation.

Still waiting on more news about the terrible gearing system for PvP we’ve had all xpac. I remember the devs saying during 9.1 they were considering going back to more of a WoD system, but couldn’t see making the change during an in-progress season.

Then 9.2 dropped and: nothing

Now we’re looking at a Season 4 and I still just want to see one honor set and one conquest set.

3 Likes

Eh, pve will get a lot of changes sure, but very few are actual balance changes, more so like specific boss tuning that is egregiously broken. Not rly the same.

Not saying there shouldnt be more from blizzard in this department, but the comparison is meh.

Oh, you missed the part where they said what they might do or consider it, just to get a response out, and now you see their actual response to leave it at that. We’ll probably have to wait for a new philosophy that they love reintroducing every expansion and hope it’s in there.

1 Like

didnt read as hostile to me, fair to say

fair to be into dalaranwow, too, i guess

i’d be more interested in seeing communication from the pvp devs that is in open conversation with pvp players

more memos or weightier memos is just canvassing, and when theyve had convos between devs and pvp players in the past its always this structured media production that is also just canvassing

1 Like

it was that 8k earthshock, pal

im hoping they’re waiting for more people to have tier before anything gets adjusted, also a hard thing to do because getting tier is ridiculously rng

1 Like

We need the equivalent of Battlefront 2 2017’s /u/F8RGE but for wow forums.

Dude took charge after the biggest catastrophe of community management i’ve ever seen in my life and turned it around. Daily feedback, memes, smalltalk, just interacting with the playerbase like we were people. Giving insight into development and balancing. Talking about stuff being broken or not broken, arguing about what’s fair or isn’t, and admitting fault when wrong.

It’s not asking a lot for blizzard to care about us as a part of their playerbase. We’re basically victims of abuse and normalizing neglect. Except paying customers just getting less than the bare minimum. Not even a modicum of respect.

1 Like

Felt like an absolute critter next to that guy

Spent the night laughing at my numbers

1 Like