1/19 tuning

The across the board Cloth armor buffs are essentially a passive nerf to DH damage. THough, that is obviously countered by the plater armor nerf… which balances everything out.

1 Like

It already was.

1 Like

Am I fried or does DH basically do zero physical damage?

3 Likes

Ignore Pain and extra HP buff tho :dracthyr_yay_animated:

1 Like

The rat needs to be tanking my keys and not worrying about Prot PvP.

1 Like

They have auto attack and a small portion of blade dance dam iirc

1 Like

Sucio post your details log after a shuffle as evidence of DH’s doing more than 5% of their total damage as physical.

1 Like

Blade Dance/Death Sweep IS a physical damage ability.

Both abilities are listed as “Physical” under “School”

1 Like

I was happy to see the 4% SV buff… then I saw rets.

:frowning:

5 Likes

So those 2 things are gonna be doing 3-5% less dam to Mages, cool. Big nerfs.

1 Like

1 Like

Those buffs are big enough that I feel like Blizz forgot to put in the DOES NOT WORK IN PVP disclaimer

3 Likes

They probably thought early DF rets were fun.

1 Like

First blood turns blade dance into chaos damage on the initial target.

2 Likes

Predicted chain of events:

Shadow play becomes grossly dominant.

Most teams will spend their time trying to kill warlock / Stop their insane damage.

Shadow priest will pump while this is happening. Because they are about to be more tanky than guardian.

Shadow priest will catch the damage nerf.

4 Likes

That 5% will add up over the course of a match… Considering how many Blade Dances/Death Sweeps a decent DH will get off. And since BD/DS damage is boosted by Essence Break… Means it is technically a passive nerf to that as well.

Sure, it isn’t huge… But its a start.

1 Like

I just checked in game and the tooltip clearly states the ability is chaos damage to the primary target. Only the cleave to additional targets is physical.

I then hit the target dummy and every hit from blade dance and death sweep was chaos.

2 Likes

I thought simply added x amount Chaos damage, not converted it.

1 Like

Forreal that was the first thing I realized…so warlocks are literally going to be immortal between stamina and armor increase? Like what?

2 Likes

Apparently. :dracthyr_yay_animated: Woo.

1 Like