Honor Rate Increase with Content Unlock -- Thur. Jan 27 at 3:00 p.m. PST

Tomorrow, along with our content unlock, we’re increasing the rate at which you’ll earn Honor in Burning Crusade Classic.

The details are all here.

As always, thank you very much for the robust and enthusiastic feedback on this!

20 Likes

First…

And holy crap.

Gotta take this in…however you said the honor rate was increased but I don’t see anything in the notes about an increase in honor from BGs or kills, just the daily quest turn ins.

7 Likes

The honor was fine, faster honor will lead to less BG activity since people will do the fast grind, get the pvp sets, and then stop doing BGs since there’s no reward.

BG participation will drop like a rock as soon as a large portion of pvpers get the required honor amount to obtain the full set.

Bad change all around that will just lead to burnout quicker imo.

1 Like

Details of the change for reference:

• PvP faction items now have an Honored reputation requirement (from Revered).
  • The battleground mark costs for Season 1 gear have been removed.
  • The battleground mark costs on Vindicator items have been reduced by half.
  • The amount of bonus honor rewarded from the marks-to-honor repeatable quest has been increased.
  • The Call to Arms daily quest now provides 3 battleground marks and the bonus honor reward has been increased.
  • The Halaa and Terokkar PvP daily’s bonus honor reward has been significantly increased.
  • The Hellfire Fortification PvP daily now provides a bonus honor reward.
  • Tier 4 and 5 tokens can now be exchanged for season 1 and 2 gear at tier vendors.
18 Likes

The title is bit confusing - is there an increase to the honor gained from BGs and HKs? The title suggests it but the changes don’t list it

1 Like

bout time

but ty.

1 Like

This is amazing. Thank you Blizzard. This is very good.

4 Likes

WoW’s saved.

looking forward to Friday’s complaints.

5 Likes

LFM Gruuls Lair - DST and EVERY TOKEN reserved /w

4 Likes

Great, now fix faction balance. The alliance PvP bonus quest doesn’t stack up well against being able to do dailies, use summon stones & enter raids without dying half a dozen times. Especially after you implemented HvH and took away the only negative to being the majority faction.

Balance racials, make the summon stones/raid entrances a sanctuary or something. It’s already too little too late but you may as well as try something other than helping reduce Horde queue times.

2 Likes

Why hasn’t Blizzard made it Friday already, they always do this crap.

3 Likes

i hope you can solo it, then…

Increase in honor gain, Good move,
reducing the cost on items by half , half seems like alot but ok.
tier 5 tokens for season 2 ? why did i even participate in season 2 ?

I spent roughly 60 hours grinding honor in the past 3 weeks , literaly 1hour ago i bought the last piece of vindicator i was planning on buying, the belt, and now i learn that all that time and effort i put in actualy gearing up for pvp to get an edge just got trashed . not 2 months into season 3, but literaly 9 days into it…
worst part, couldnt you at least warn ahead ? maybe we wouldve casualy just waited for it…

I think this is a load of bullsh… im all for reducing the grind but why rip season 2 vets so early ?
Yes, I am salty.

17 Likes

You guys couldnt do this a week ago? Nice troll… The amount of time some people spent to farm, only to piece some gear together for alts or mains on reset. Just for you to discount everything a few days later

8 Likes

Any chance of being able to buy S2 gear with marks and honor? The honor cost could stay the same as it was for S1 gear. That way those of us who like BGs but dislike arena have something to work towards all season.

5 Likes

What about those of us who have already purchased the vindicator offset items for the full price when they became available last week?

If I had more than half a day of notice of these changes, I would have held off my purchase…basically have ‘wasted’ many hours of BG grinding.

24 Likes

Can you please tune the Honour gains between the BGs. WSG, AB are a bit low. AV weekend is cancer

Rip to all those who spent their arenapoints yesterday hehe haha ok… as per usual damage has been done.

7 Likes

Just put up S2 for Honor, this change will only make gearing up fresh characters stupid difficult for people seeking pve upgrades.

10 Likes

Any refunds for people who bought them already? This is toxic if not.

12 Likes