Why do you raid?

Is it to see the story or to experience the thrill and challenge to progress or just for gear?

Personally I do it for the story and gear. Sometimes I feel the need to challenge myself by doing the harder Heroic versions but that’s about it.

1 Like

I use to raid for transmog/hanging out with friends. But seeing as all my friends quited, and the tmog sucks, Im only raiding to have better gear/spend time in a game im paying $15 a month for.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I know how much fun it is to raid with friends but it sucks that the people quit.

Parses, obviously.

3 Likes

Always like to do the hardest content on offer, and it’s really neat to know that I’m in the minority by stepping foot into mythic content feeling special. In regards to raiding in general, because playing with a group of people to down fun bosses is great, if you’ve got a good raid team. Wow has always had phenomenal raid content, and we’ve had some real gems over the past few xpacs.

1 Like

I raid so I can get the gear to give me bigger numbers which allows me to get better gear to get bigger numbers which helps me get better gear that produces bigger numbers which helps me further my RNG luck to get better gear to be able to pump out bigger numbers x99999999999999999999999

2 Likes

Raids have the best looks so you know I’m going to be there.

:nail_care:

I really just do them because I like to do a little of everything.

1 Like

I raid once in LFR for the story. I have no friends to raid with and I dislike the inefficiency of PUGs and the general sense of everyone hating eachother.

2 Likes

Friends, mostly.

1 Like

To ask why we raid…is to ask why the leaves fall. It is in their nature. Perhaps, there is a better question. Why do we raid? To protect home, and family…to preserve balance, and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth raiding for?

6 Likes

Master Lorewalker Cho is that you? Bows Gracefully

When I did raid it was because I wanted to down the hardest bosses in the game, and push myself to be the best I could be. The fights were epic. My fellow raiders were equally epic.

For a while I enjoyed the dynamics of leading a raid, and teaching players new content.

After that…I dip my toes in when my guild needs an extra warm body, and complete my lore quests in LFR.

it used to be about the gear and all, but now it’s mostly just for the comradery.

I only raid for the story; I could care less about the gear. So, I pretty much just do LFR. I don’t really have any friends in the game so I play solo.

I raid to spend time with my friends who I don’t get to often see face-to-face because they live in different corners of the world.

I raid to make memories with them. We have shared experiences that I wouldn’t trade for anything.

I really like how story-driven raiding is – for my friends who roleplay their characters to various degrees, it’s so fun to see them interacting with the NPCs and bosses and rewards.

10 Likes

If people are roleplaying in your raids, I want in! Unless you’re filthy Alliance, than I will gladly roleplay over their corpses as I evict them from our city.

2 Likes

Wait what? Roleplaying in raids? That’s awesome really sets the feeling that you are immersed and really adds to the atmosphere.

This is why I used to Raid. Haven’t really found a new group since Cataclysm when my previous Raid Group from BC through Cataclysm dispersed or quit.

Now I wait until I can solo the raid and gather appearances and battle pets (haven’t had a mount drop since Kharazan was current.)

For chicken mostly:

7 Likes

I do it for the story, for the fun of interesting encounters, and for the potential transmogs. So far I’m purely a LFR user because my guild raids too late at night for me, so getting gear upgrades almost never happens unless something titanforges.

Now legacy content, that’s either just to have fun with friends or I happen to be on a completionist bender.