Introduce Yourself Here

Hello, my name is Lilaith.

I’ve been raiding at what we now call cutting edge level since mid wrath, with a break in WoD for my masters research. From Antorus onwards I call Winterfall my home, a semi-casual 2(Since SL 3) day raiding guild with the aim to clear mythic roughly within 3 months. Mainly a holy paladin, but also played several alts on prog if the fight required it. I stopped raiding after Nzoth prog/at the start of the pandemic due to burn out and lack of time.
In SL I’ve raided casually for the first time, meaning I cleared about half the mythic bosses in each tier, apart from that it’s mainly whatever I can do with friends.

Beside this I’m a moderator in the Hammer of Wrath discord, a holy paladin theorycrafter, and a former guidewriter for Icy-Veins.

I suffer from a motor neurone disease, meaning my muscles slowly lose strength. For wow this means I’ve merely had to become a bit more creative with keybinds, but anything with heavy thumb usage like controllers has become fairly difficult.

IRL I’m a parent to a 2 year old, and teach at university level.

29 Likes

Hello everyone, I started playing WOW 15 years ago. I spent the first three years playing on EU servers as Alliance, and then I swapped to Horde. Before WOW I was a console player and loved games such as Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Parasite Eve so, WOW was a very big change in genre for me.

I main an elemental shaman (at the moment) but dabble in most classes to some extent. I am a very casual player and spent most of my time levelling alts, collecting pets, transmogs, doing achievements ect. Here is a link to my main https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/aszune/rubyrose As for dungeons and raids, I might do the very low-key M+ and LFR once in a while. I used to raid as Resto Shaman back in WOTLK but was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis which ended my very short raiding career as MS affects my hand /eye coordination, memory, slow reaction times ect ect. I still love the game, and really do hope we can have a voice that is heard and makes a difference.

17 Likes

Hi all, I’m Brie (aka Alisera) :slight_smile: I’m excited to be a part of the first year of the community council! I hope we have an impact of some sort. I’m an spriest main and I love this game - I’ve played since release day (stood in line to get it lol) and have played every expansion/class. Right now though I don’t really enjoy Shadowlands and the current state of the game. I’m mostly playing Classic doing the Hardcore Ironman challenge.

In the early days, I was ~hardcore~. I played this game 16 hours a day, every day for years, no job, no life lol I was an altoholic at the start with 4 60s in vanilla (mage, hunter, rogue, pally). I raided on mage/hpally back then. My guild was a server-first guild on a medium server (big fish, small pond). We went to Naxx and continued on raiding at the top until Cata (worst expansion for me). I have 10,000+ screenshots of all of my time in WoW, I love old screenies!

But what I represent now is the ~hardcore casual~ player. I will put what I put in my app: there is a high percentage of players that don’t read forums, care about patch notes or review every datamined detail, they don’t even know about this council! They LFR raid, they don’t serious business pvp, they don’t really bother with m+ but they have a HIGH playtime. The hardcore casuals. This group loves the game and plays many hours a day but they are out there doing their own thing - ton of alts, collecting, achieves, old content, secrets, pet battles, crafting, exploring, questing, solo stuff, helping new people, etc.

There are roadblocks to this playstyle, but for the most part we just play around them and move on, slightly disappointed. I’d love for more content to be designed with this group in mind but I want to stress NOT at the expense of any other playstyle. I respect and love all players of this game and I think both sides of the hardcore/casual coin can have fun in WoW and get what entertainment they want from a video game.

So my main focus here will be to bring topics and start discussions about my experiences with that group of people in mind. I think there could be some really fun things put in game or changes made that would not detract from how anyone else likes to play. I also want to try to help start discussions on ways to bring back that good old MMO feel to the game. All of my posts/experiences are going to be through that lens.

I think we all agree that WoW is not quite in the best state atm, but we are all here because we love playing this game and want it to succeed and be the best possible game it can be :purple_heart:

Edit: I edited this 12/15 because I used the abbreviation “HC” for hardcore and I wanted to be clear HC meant Hardcore - the Soul of Iron buff in Season of Mastery :slight_smile:

39 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’m Panthea. I’ve been playing WoW since Patch 1.7 where I hit level 60 shortly after Zul’Gurub was live for EU. Since that point, I got hooked on raiding and have played in every role in my time from then to now. My raiding career started off as DPS and as the needs of my guilds adapted over time I transitioned to being a Healer and since Mists of Pandaria I’ve been a tank main. I don’t really have a main character, I will play whichever tank is best for raid progression.

I am the Guide Writer for Blood DK for Icy Veins & WoWHead and the Protection Paladin Guide Writer for Icy Veins. I also maintain my website for tanking reference material TankNotes, and am quite active on class discords for each tank providing advice and support.

I’m primarily a Mythic Raider/Raid Leader now and am the leader of my own guild. I participate in whatever activities are required for raiding to get any advantage that is necessary to obtain for early progression (PvP/Rep/M+).

I aim to provide insight from a Mythic Raider perspective, but also experiences that have built up over the last 16 years of playing this game at all levels.

30 Likes

Hi! I’m Sigma (pronouns: any). I’ve been on the combat design team for six years. Combat design creates the classes and specs, as well most other bonuses to players and their abilities. In short, buttons that players press in combat, and everything that affects them. Some of my specific interests on the team are: healer specs, the interaction between combat and encounters, the math that makes WoW work, and inclusivity in the game and culture.

As a player, my biggest interest over all the years has been raiding. At different times I’ve played different classes/roles, different positions in guilds, different levels of intensity (everything from casual to high-ranked progression). My first deep dives into WoW as a fan were in the math realm (while I was in college studying math and physics) and I gradually broadened into general game design from there, before joining the team.

31 Likes

Hello!

My name is Brian Holinka and I’m the Lead Combat Designer on World of Warcraft. I’ve been working at Blizzard for nearly 10 years with 9 of those being on WoW. I spent my early years on the team working exclusively on PvP, and as a result, most folks in the community associate me primarily with PvP. But nowadays, I spend my time supporting the team of Combat Designers who are responsible for PvP and Class Design. Class Design deals with all of the spells and abilities players may use, including many endgame expansion systems that are class or spec specific like Conduits, Soulbinds, Set Bonuses or Legendaries. PvP Design encompasses both systems and content related to PvP such as Honor Talents, PvP trinkets, Arenas, and Battlegrounds. I’m looking forward to reading your feedback and appreciate that you’re taking your time to contribute here.

46 Likes

Hey, hi, hello!

I’m Cambios. I’m a Mage enthusiast and I’ve been playing since the last patch of Mists of Pandaria. My love for this game is huge, so I appreciate this initiative and the possibilities that it can bring.

As for my playstyle, I don’t focus on anything right now. I have always been a raider, sometimes PvPer, but the collecting and exploring part of the game is what has kept me playing all these years. I have always wanted to do some RP, but I find it somewhat difficult, so that’s a work in progress.

I applied to the Community Council with the premise of addressing the issue of accessibility. I have a high case of color blindness and I always check accessibility options in games. Sometimes it’s hard to play normally when you have a condition, and here I am to try to help improve the overall view of this side of the game.

Thanks for the opportunity! Let’s help the game a bit and give some voice to the community.

14 Likes

Hello there. I’m Zulzara, hailing from Khaz-Modan EU (sorry for the low alt, the Community Council Forum requires a NA toon).

Contrary to most here, I’m a relatively new player, I’ve started playing exactly one year ago (if you except a 2-weeks experience in WoD where I didn’t even reached max-level). I’ve been hooked by most activities of the game, first by collecting mounts and transmogs during my early weeks, then doing 8/10M in Castle Nathria as a Fury Warrior and pushing M+ keys, and this tier by discovering tanking, healing, and PVP.

I’m surrounded by many very experienced players, which I’ve known and heard the stories from since many years (some since vanilla), and my fresh point of view is often different from theirs. Which is the main reason I submitted my candidature for the Council, I wanted to share this different view on thing and maybe help make the game better.

11 Likes

Hi I’m Sensations, I started playing WoW at the end of WOTLK and raiding “CE” level since Cataclysm. I lead HC which is a cutting edge raiding guild, I’m here to hopefully provide insight into higher end raiding and various PvE aspects related to raiding(M+, world systems, and anything that provides power increases really.

14 Likes

Hey there!

I’m Malfuría, I play on the EU servers with my main server as Tarren Mill. I started playing World of Warcraft in Burning Crusade and have loved it ever since. I am what you would call an “overall player” I am not specifically into one part of the game, you can say I have done a bit of everything, but more of some things.
In my time of playing this game I have achieved a lot of different things and I continue to do so everyday. I have been raiding with multiple CEs behind me. I am an achievement hunter and a collector of everything you can collect. I have been a staff member in an ingame achievement community and lead my own RBG team.

With my background and my current experience I am looking forward to be able to contribute to the community, so we all can be a part of improving the game for all players. As a Wow Community Council member my focus will be on:

• Collection: For all the collectors out there, if its mounts, achievements, pets or what your specific desire is. I will be there to voice opinions of what should be added so we can continue to achieve and collect!
  • Raiding: Raiding has change a lot since i started playing this game, for good and bad. I would love to discuss and come with feedback about the current and upcoming raiding experience.
  • The ingame community: With this i do not mean the ingame community tab, which tbf could also need some work. But the overall player base, I want to address and discuss some of the issues there are with the ingame social aspect of World of Warcraft. From the faction balance issue to trade chat spam. So the game can be improved in a way that all players gets a good experience while playing the game with what ever it is they want to do!

I look forward to having some great discussions and hopefully contribute to the community!

12 Likes

Greetings!

I’m one of our Lead Encounter Designers on WoW, supporting the team that makes Dungeons & Raids, as well as abilities for creatures you fight just about anywhere. I like to say that our job is to “tell players a story by punching them” =)

Currently I’m focused more on the Dungeon/Mythic+ side of things while my co-lead (who you may know from the PTR forums as Aelthas) is focused more on Raids.

I’ve been playing WoW for 17 years, getting into everything from PVP to CE raiding to pushing M+ keys. I’ve been at Blizzard for 13 years, and in addition to WoW I’ve worked on Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and Heroes of the Storm.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to share their thoughts here. Looking forward to stopping by when I can to talk with you all!

24 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’ve worked at Blizzard for nearly 16 years, 5 of which were in Quality Assurance, and the rest have been on the WoW design team. I have worked on almost every set bonus from Dragon Soul through the end of Legion, Draenor Perks, Artifacts, Azerite Essences and Traits, Legendary Items, as well as core class talents and spell updates over the years. I also work on the Pet Battle system when time permits.

I have played WoW since the beta in 2004, but primarily enjoy raiding with friends, and recently have been enjoying doing M+ to get Keystone Master each season. I enjoy camping, cooking (I took 6 semesters of Culinary Arts in college, and was offered a choice of going to the Cordon Bleu Academy in Los Angeles or getting a job in QA at Blizzard - I chose the QA position!), and hanging out with my dog.

Looking forward to the discussions here and am happy to see so many topics already.

26 Likes

Hello!

I’m a friendly neighborhood WoW Classic Game Producer and I’ve been at Blizzard for a bit over 12 years. In my current role as a Producer I help plan and oversee WoW Classic releases, maintain development schedules, and provide day to day support to the fantastic WoW Classic dev team. I’ve been a part of the WoW Classic effort since 2018, and for that most of that time I’ve worked behind the scenes with many members of the Classic community to help ensure that Classic is a fun, authentic experience that looks and feels as close to the original games as possible.

I’ve been a World of Warcraft player since launch in 2004, and these days I am (unsuprisingly) an ardent Classic player first and foremost. I am the GM for a guild with two full 10/10 raid teams in Burning Crusade classic and during WoW Classic I was the guild’s Warrior main tank, but I made a main swap to Hunter for Burning Crusade Classic and I’ve been having a blast with it. I’ve also been dabbling with various Soul of Iron characters in Season of Mastery, but I think my playstyle is a bit too daring to experience true success here (I have an almost compuslive desire to jump from high places in World of Warcraft for some reason…).

Big thanks to everyone who signed up and is participating here, and thanks to the community team for getting this up and running! Really looking forward to some great interactions here!

20 Likes

Hey everybody!

I’m Pazorax, Lead Software Engineer on WoW Classic. I’ve been with Blizzard for over 15 years, starting in February of 2006, when I joined the company to help maintain “WoWEdit,” the tool that designers use to build in-game content for World of Warcraft. After working on that for 8 years or so, I transferred to the Hearthstone team, and eventually became their Lead Tools Engineer, before returning to World of Warcraft to lead the effort to build WoW Classic, Burning Crusade Classic, and most recently, WoW Classic: Season of Mastery.

I’ve played a ton of World of Warcraft over the years, casually at first, then later as the main tank of a raiding guild. I stepped back a bit when I had kids, but then came back to play on the opposite faction when we released WoW Classic in 2019. These days, I’m mostly trying not to die in Season of Mastery, and I’m looking forward to what else we can do in the Classic space. I really enjoyed aiming for “#nochanges” in our initial release, but I’m even more excited to see what Classic looks like with a few minor touch-ups or even a fresh coat of paint once in a while, as long as it doesn’t get too crazy. :wink:

I’m also really hopeful for the opportunity to engage with you here in the Community Council. I hope this space generates some really thoughtful and creative discussion about what’s cool about Classic, and where we go from here. :heart:

22 Likes

Hello, everyone! I am Silver, but I am better known as Caleb McSwain! I am a roleplayer, having resided primarily on Wyrmrest Accord for five years, and recently switched to Moon Guard one year ago! I am a member of The Argent Advance, an Argent Crusade roleplay guild.

There are many facets about this game that captivate me, but roleplay has been my primary focus over the years. This last year, I have found myself part of Moon Guard’s larger roleplay community in the Warcraft Conquest events. I’ve even found myself as the Horde’s Senior Medical Officer, underneath other pillars in our community!

These events showcase just how talented our community is- writers forging stories to captivate both Horde and Alliance alike, artists creating assets to immerse the audience, entire systems for roleplay combat and vehicle battles developing with the community, and roleplayers engaging with it in a way that shapes our future stories.

It is not simply roleplay that I plan on discussing, though. The environments which we play in are a big factor in roleplay- furniture, buildings, mobs, phases, all of these things contribute to it. As well, transmog is another big aspect; being able to express your character is truly one of the best ways to connect with the game.

I’ve gone on a long enough tangent, though, so I will finish. The roleplay community is about connections in their purest forms- who you are, and the actions you take. I want to use my voice so that my community is heard, in hopes that they can continue doing what they love.

37 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m Muffinus. :dog: I’ve been working on WoW for almost 12 years.

Over the years I’ve done everything from encounter design to toys, pets, mounts, hunter pets, pet battles (not sure if you can see the theme here), world quests, and more. But my design child will forever be Timeless Isle.

I helped kill Varian. You’re welcome.

I firmly believe that gnome mage is the best race/class.

Nowadays I help oversee quest, content, and level design, and would be happy to field your questions, especially if they are about pet battles.

27 Likes

Hey folks!

My name is Rob Cherry and I’m one of the Lead Software Engineers on the Server team. I’ve been working at Blizzard just over 6 years, but am relatively new to the WoW team, having only joined back in November '21. Previous to that I worked mostly on the Diablo franchise, but have also helped ship Starcraft: Remastered, and did some really cool work on Battle.net.

I’ve been a WoW player since Vanilla, and have done just about everything PvE you can do in WoW. I started back in the day as a Druid, transitioned into Priesthood, and then eventually took up a shield as a Paladin, where I’ve been enjoying tanking ever since.

Really excited for the opportunity to engage with you all, especially when it comes to any of the fiddly technical bits!

13 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’m Tru Villain Manny or just Manny. I’m predominantly a PvE player who enjoys Mythic Keystone Dungeons and Raiding. I have been playing from the days of vanilla at different levels of intensity. Recently, I began forming a guild for ‘adults with jobs’ that want to push into Mythic content.

Another area of interest for me in Warcraft is of course the lore and the world we players inhabit. I love the nature of druid magics vs shamanistic power. I relish delving into the motivations of the Light or what the agenda of Life might be in the cosmology.

I am really excited to talk about all the aspects of the modern World of Warcraft.

11 Likes

Hello all! It’s a real privilege to have been chosen for this and I hope to live up to the opportunity.

It’s been suggested to me that I introduce myself and give you an idea of what kind of player I am and some of my background and history. Hopefully it will help shed some light on where some of my points of view come from and how I approach arriving at some of my suggestions for the game.

I started out in the mid-90s playing MUDs. For those who may be unfamiliar those are “Multi-User Dungeons” or "Multi-User Dungeons and Dragons” MUDD. They are/were old school text based MMORPGs except the first M was not quite so massive… usually just 10 to 200 players playing on a single server at a time. In a nut shell though they played a lot like WoW with a lot of the same character parameters, abilities, leveling, classes, dungeons, bosses etc. except obviously without any graphics O.o.

Eventually after a while I ended up as a developer for the game and coded some gaming systems, classes, races, etc. over the course of a few years and I suppose in the process gained an appreciation for how my decisions as an x-player now dev were suddenly not quite as simple as they once seemed.

Naturally when a friend of mine sat me down at his computer telling me I had to try this “Warcraft game” I was pretty much blown away with it. It was all the stuff I had been playing and coding for the last few years but with graphics! So that was pretty much the end of the line for MUDs for me :wink:

I started playing WoW about 6 months after launch. Leveled up a toon and scrapped and clawed my way into convincing my guild leader to start a raiding alliance with a couple other groups of friends and the next thing you know I’m wiping in ZG woohoo! Then I wiped some more in MC, wiped a lot more in BWL and so on and so forth.

I formed a guild and was the GM of that for a while in BC and we raided the BC content and time passed by. Now I’m a member of one of the guilds that I raided with back in vanilla. It’s nice to still have some old WoW friends from back then still around.

The years went by, and I got married, had some kids, got divorced, raised some kids, met someone else, we started raising both our kids; and now I’ve got 4 teenagers, a job, mortgage, responsibility, and my WoW time is somewhat less structured than it could be in the past, to say the least!

In my present WoW life I just finished leveling my 9th 60 alt. They are all basically around the iLvL 210-220 range with my “main” (the toon I’m posting on) being about iLvL 229 as I recall.

I LFR regularly and do it mostly to play the encounters and collect the transmogs. I play a lot of honor PvP BGs and have max honor gear on an Arcane Mage just because the spec is a ton of fun for me this x-pac! I think I got to Knight back in vanilla and peaked out there, the system got the better of me at that point I suppose. I also clear a lot of old content for transmogs and mounts when I don’t have much else to do.

Right now, I’m spending a fair bit of time on the PTR. I’ve been a part of several x-pac Beta tests over the years going back to WotLK and enjoy attempting to provide useful feedback where I can. I don’t tend to post a lot but do post when I have something to say. Perhaps I’ll have to step it up a bit now that it seems I have a bit of a responsibility to do so. If you head over to the PTR forum you can find a few threads and comments there.

See you around I hope!

10 Likes

Hello! I’m Chimes, and I’m a systems and rewards designer. I’m pretty new to the team, having joined within the last year, but I’ve been in the games industry for over a decade and I’ve been playing WoW (and other Blizzard games!) for much, much longer.

I’ve taken a few breaks for the usual reasons (school, big life stuff, you know how it goes), but I’ve been playing since vanilla. I tried a bunch of casters at the beginning, but when TBC came out and the draenei became playable, I found that my heart was on the Exodar. (Fun fact: it still is, though it moonlights on the Vindicaar from time to time.) I’ve played a little of everything, but I’ve mained holy priest and elemental shaman for most of the game.

9.2 is my first big patch working on this game I’ve loved and played forever, and I’m excited to get to talk to fans with these fancy blue letters.

31 Likes