PSA: do this NOW before 11/2

Patch 9.1.5 is coming November 2nd

You have two weeks to save these pieces for RP purposes/instant easy gold in AH

GET TO IT BEFORE YOU FORGET

25 Likes

Where do we get the old starter gear? And are they all non-transmoggable?

4 Likes

Make level 1s and have them start at their respective zones

Don’t do exiles reach do the other options

4 Likes

I had completely forgot that this was a thing in 9.1.5 :sweat_smile:

Kind of wish with them being replaced, the old ones would become T-mogable.

4 Likes

Well that sucks. :neutral_face:

Why not just make the old starting gear cosmetics in some secret vendor nearby the starting zones then? :man_shrugging:

Also…

As with all other Common-quality gear, these pieces cannot be transmogrified.

You made the starting gear in exile’s reach moggiable, why not the starting gear in other starting zones? :angry:

I mean that rogue gear looks dope tbh.

16 Likes

how about, like - make the starting gear all moggable? Like why isn’t this a thing? Pandaren start with some cool gear and they can’t mog them ever. :frowning:

30 Likes

On the PTR I’ve used the suggestion submission system to both suggest that the original starting gear for all races be added to the vendor in the Old Hillsbrad Caverns of Time instance that currently sells some of the old starting gear, and that said starting gear be made moggable. One can only hope that Blizzard takes those suggestions to heart.

15 Likes

Urghhh I really wish they would revamp the old starting gear into modern graphics and even allow you to transmog it. I love the belf hunter starting set and draenei mage starting set :frowning:

13 Likes

The new gear is so ugly. This would have been a way better move.

4 Likes

It would’ve been such an easy win!! I’m gonna miss my old starting sets :confused:

6 Likes

This honestly makes me super irritated. This is important game flavor and you are making the gear SO GENERIC? Make it attainable some other way, or into transmog items, for the love of all.

8 Likes

The new sets look bad.

4 Likes

i think they look just about right for starting gear. not too flashy/frilly/etc.

coughs
and put on a vendor
coughs

sneezes
and on that same vendor the removed starting items from the Cata shattering
sneezes

4 Likes

whatcha mean?

3 Likes

lol that price is crazy

It’s understandable in a way though because the only way you can have that item is if you saved it from pre 4.0. That’s why the OP of this thread is suggesting you make throwaway characters for their clothes but I think a better course of action would be putting the items on a vendor for everyone :+1:

3 Likes

Really good reminder! I’ll miss these looks but really love the new stuff they came up with.

You can’t mog the gear so I don’t get why it’s so popular :confused: