PSA: do this NOW before 11/2

Those old pieces never sell.

1 Like

Like the robe design ,hmmm.

Ok which clown decided to do this?
The racial starting gear looked perfectly fine??

Especially when a lot of these armor are quite human-centric.

4 Likes

These are beyond hideous.

Shaman and Hunter are the same…different colors.

Mage, warlock, and priest are the same…different colors.

Paladin for some reason is wearing shorts…and warrior just is wearing the same thing as a paladin…but plate legs.

Blizzard, please hire artists with some creativity. Please.

2 Likes

Because they are a freaking million gold I’m not buying it for that lol.

is any of the starter gear not bop? because… last time something like this happened, a few items became worth several wow tokens on the AH. :face_with_monocle:

The paladin and warrior are wearing pants not shorts you can see the strips.

There needs to be a vendor for this stuff, same as there’s a vendor in Acherus that sells all the old noob DK gear, just in case you vendored it before they changed transmog to where you didn’t need to keep it. There is zero reason to permanently retire anything like that in this game. It’s not like we’re talking about mage tower rewards, it’s starting gear.

1 Like

You don’t actually need to stress out and buy everything before the patch goes live. While the armour sets are being replaced, it will still be possible to get these items after the patch goes live as there are either exact replicas (but have different names), or the items can be purchased from vendors. For example. Let’s say you want to replicate the armour of level 1 human warrior. The items that make up their starting outfit consist of:

• Recruit’s Vest
  • Recruit’s Pants
  • Recruit’s Boots
  • Worn Greatsword

After this patch goes live, you won’t get these items at level 1, however you’ll still be able to get them from other sources:

• The recruit’s vest has an exact recolour known as the cross-stitched vest which is a grey item that can drop from multiple mobs in the world.
  • The recruit’s pants and boots can be bought from a vendor in Old Hillsbrad Foothills
  • The worn greatsword has multiple items that use the same model, one of which, the well-used greatsword, being transmoggable.

And that goes for every other starter set. The original sets that you start the game with are being replaced at level 1, but the items themselves aren’t being removed and there are ways to obtain each of the items without issue.

I had to zoom into the Paladin.

Looks like a mishmash of cloth and plate.

More likely chain mail and leather at low level which isn’t bad, I still like the chain short and the chain sound it makes.

Do be aware though if you are an Insane Account Completionist Mode collector in AllTheThings you will need the exact item because it goes off ItemID and not shared appearance.
If you are a “Unique” collector you’ll be fine following Carhagen’s advice :slight_smile:

I just have to see the motion of those scales on the hunter and shaman ,look at those details ,omg.

Yeah, if you’re a maximum level completionist then you’re going to want to get the items that aren’t available from vendors or have exact matching recolours. Although, to be honest if you’re not on a roleplaying realm, they won’t have much value. Roleplayers will want them for roleplaying purposes, but your average player on a PvE realm isn’t going to find much use out of them.

On a bank alt I still have the blue weapons they used to give out for starters probably wrath era.

not yet, you never know when they will lift the transmog restrictions to allow white gear

But that would require effort to update them. Blizzard doesn’t even want to put in effort to make patches for the game.

1 Like

Looks good for humans but why would orcs wear that?

2 Likes

Yea, true. But they did put effort into these starting sets, so eh. I feel like they should’ve just not done anything to the starting sets since they’re all being replaced with this. Sort of OK for humans, but any of these on a Tauren? Orc?? Troll??? Just looks weird:(

If they touch the Pandaren sets I’m gonna lose my damned mind.