The people that will rush to endgame: Why?

There will be absolutely no reason to rush to endgame this time around but there will be many, many people that do. To me, it defeats the whole purpose of Classic Wow.

13 Likes

For the same reason people eat vanilla icecream fast. For the brain freeze!

8 Likes

while i agree with you in regard to not rushing, the whole purpose of Classic WOW is to have fun…whatever method you prefer

21 Likes

People have fun the way they have fun. Don’t worry about how they are enjoying themselves, just focus on your own enjoyment.

16 Likes

Few reasons i can think of, one it’s an Establishment issue based normally on numbers.

Faster you get to 60, faster you can farm pre raid BIS faster you can get in raids, find those 39 other people good leadership etc. Once you do that, the people who rush normally chill out from there 8-14 hours a day play into something more mellow.

Another reason is the obvious world first, and or wanting to be the best of the best mentality etc etc.

Ahead of the level curve, and or market owners is another reason, if you’re the first 60 hunter, guess who’s running the devisuar market.

Most people who rush to 60, are going to be the hard core elite raiders, it’s common sense that they’d want to get 60 first, meet each other and create there own guilds / groups and have an understand of how and what’s going to go down.

One thing is, the faster you get the “Rush” part over the easyier it is to just raid log etc as well.

6 Likes

Lol you’d be getting a lot of hate just for posting this

I bet some people will rush to 60 just to immediately come back to 20-40 areas and gank as many lowbies as possible until they get tired of it and quits of bordum.

3 Likes

If I rush to 60 and there is no one yet to raid / play with at level cap then I will work on an alt until the world catches up too me.

Ganking is only fun when it’s players your own level, and then it’s not really ganking because you need a gang of players in order to properly gank-kill another player…

At least that’s the origin of the work gank.

People care about others rushing for the exact same reason people choose to rush. If you are concerned with people racing to 60, it’s because you know along with everyone else that being among first to 60 matters. Having market control, being in a successful guild, have a head start of BiS pre-raid and hell, even raid gear. It will be a huge advantage that will likely see good results for your character for months and months. They will level without worrying about being ganked, they will profit off low level players forever, they will max professions and farm recipies before they ever show up on the AH.

The truth is, if that bothers you it’s because you want to be apart of that. But you would like no one to rush so that you can play casually and explore and have fun leveling and enjoying the nostalgia?

Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone had the same mentality and you could take your time and still end up at 60 the same time as everyone else? But that won’t happen and you have to make a choice.

I won’t be rushing. I’ll make alts for fun, explore, do what little I can with professions while leveling and try to have the most memorable experience. I also know and expect other’s to get to 60 in the first week, long long before I’m even around level 35. That’s fine with me.

10 Likes

I’ve already played through both continents on both factions before Cata. I mostly just want to play the parts of classic I want to relive which is mostly the dungeons at 60.

Anyone who talks about world first in classic is about 15 years too late heh. I just started reading this forum, and don’t frequent any other chat sites, but is that something people are going for??

I’ll be pushing towards end game, but not taking a week off work to do so. Although I won’t belittle those that do… much.

2 Likes

This will be my plan for Classic based on some experience I had with Legion launch. For Classic I plan on rushing because I’ve already leveled to 60 once, so the experience won’t be new to me in that sense.

So I want to level to 60 as quickly as possible. I will be playing obscene amounts around 16+ hours a day. I want to hit 60 within the first week. Then, if I’m playing a Paladin, I’ll be specing holy, with a dab into protection so that I can heal/tank dungeons and get my Pre-BiS.

Given my planned play time. I hope to be attuned for MC and Onyxia a few days after hitting sixty so that I am ready to go. I also do not want to spend as much time in Ironforge as I did back in the day. Time wasted in Ironforge I could be doing something useful.

I will spend time trying to get to 300 blacksmithing and then working on my Thorium Brotherhood reputation grind to get Nightfall. If I can get Nightfall, I can charge money to make it for people.

When I first played Vanilla in 2006 I didn’t play as much as I wanted. I never was really good. This time I’m going to rush so that I can have every advantage possible so that I can enjoy myself.

Wow, learn something new everyday

Naxx won’t be out for like 1.5+ years after release but goal is tier 3 + pvp for fun gg

It’s kind of ironic how you are so concerned about rushing and getting ahead so that you can finally enjoy it. Why not just enjoy all of it?

2 Likes

I’m going to do it because I won’t be able to help myself. I’m going to want to get back into raiding as quickly as possible because raiding is my preferred mode of play.

1 Like

anddd nobody cares what you’re doing

1 Like

Your purpose is to be mediocre, mine is to grief others. And it looks like the best way to make you upset is by rushing 60 and raiding.

1 Like

To you it does. For them it doesn’t.

People are allowed to like different things. I don’t condemn people who like avacado’s.

1 Like

Well, I’m sure I wont even be among the first players to hit 60. So, I’m not really concerned about hitting 60 and having nothing to do. Still, a big reason I am probably going to rush to 60 is because I plan on playing on a PVP server and don’t want to be the lowbie getting ganked. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

So I can play with the pr0’s.

1 Like