Will you level everything while grinding?

Example: Prof 1 / Prof 2 / fishing / cooking / first aid / Different weapon skills ? Or will you just speed to level 60 and then worry about everything else after? Myself I will be leveling everything I can while grinding, but some people may adopt the retail idea of saying screw it ill worry about all that stuff later.

7 Likes

I will level everything while leveling. But I’m in no rush to 60. I love the journey there.

45 Likes

Cooking and fishing I will work on afterwards. First aid however is a necessary setback, as for the main ones? I will need to level up my mining/eng as I go if I have any hopes of AOE tanking as a warrior efficiently.

1 Like

First aid, skinning and MAYBE herbalism. Herbalism might be hard to keep your skill points high enough to match your leveling zone due to fresh server congestion and may not be worth the extra time.

1 Like

As I plan on playing a druid, I plan on leveling skinning and leatherworking so I can make my own gear and keep my gear up to date. I know how important gold is so selling gear and fish and food as other things on the AH is super important and will be taking full advantage of this. Im assuming making my own stuff will be easier than buyong from the auction house.

6 Likes

Tailoring and skinning I’ll do as I level, and First Aid maybe as well although with Tailoring it might be tough. Cooking and Fishing, I’ll likely go back and do.

Oh absolutely everything. As many things as possible. Journey over destination all the way.

17 Likes

Definitely, but I’m in no hurry to get to 60 and I’ve always found that leveling everything is the best way to keep myself engaged because every time I log in I get to ask myself “what sounds most fun to work on today”. Do I feel like sitting and fishing? Did I collect enough of that mat to get some crafting done? Do I want to do a dungeon and ignore quests and professions?

I also like having things I do benefit multiple aspects of my leveling. Running a friend through a lower level dungeon could mean I get the cloth as my “payment” for my time and effort, which boosts a profession. Or maybe I let them have the cloth and I get all the BoE and BoP items they don’t actually need for their character so I can get enchanting mats.

I have rarely changed professions at a later point. (This gal is actually an exception, because she had skinning/LWing all the way to 70 in TBC before the first time I experienced a raid and realized I needed tailoring for the easiest way to bump up her +healing.)

11 Likes

Professions for sure. I won’t be going out of my way to keep all the weapon skills up to my current level though

1 Like

If I were to go herbalism and alchemy, I would want to be able and craft health/mana pots for myself but I wouldn’t go much further and wait till 40 mount before getting some real levels into them.

First aid will deff be done in the beginning up to heavy silk, depending on the class.

But most important is to not spent loads of gold on proffesions before being able to buy that sweet mount. For which I want to be rank3 and save another 10% on that 100g.

1 Like

everything at once. then camp, login alt, repeat till no more alts need attention. havent gauged yet how long to keep them camped in inn for rested xp, but if memory serves its 1 and a half levels of rested xp per 5 days of inn camping?

1 Like

Take time and level everything out. The rat race ended years ago once BC came out for Vanilla progression.

I will probably not be overly worried about fishing and cooking, since I’m going to be playing a mage, cooking and fishing isn’t quite as important. However, if i was going to level something else, I would reconsider that.

1 Like

No reason to plan ahead.
I will much rather just start playing and let the rest of the way unfold as it goes.

8 Likes

Probably going to take herbalism and skinning, and keep those up to level, otherwise I feel horrible when I can see a flower, but can’t pick it.

Not sure if first aid is worth on a lock, which I’ll be most likely going with.

No to fishing or cooking, but will save all the meat from mobs until I’m leveling cooking later.

No to weapon skills, only level whatever weapon I’m using, if that.

planning ahead is all we have until release to keep us from going as nutty as squirrel poo

2 Likes

First aid and MAYBE skinning while I level.

Otherwise no… It’s more time efficient to just level cap ASAP, then go back on a mount and 0-300 a mining/herb gathering skill and push your professions from there.

I will however, spend some time farming mats for an intended profession AS I LEVEL, specifically tailoring requires a ton of fel cloth that I’ll be getting in the 50-60 grind for Robes of the void after I boost my tailoring skill up… but I still won’t actually be leveling tailoring while I’m leveling my character.

Yup. I’ll probably go with Herbs, Enchanting, First-aid, and Cooking while I level. I’ll do fishing too but probably get behind because it requires taking a time-out from leveling to fish. Still, there is something to be said for a little relaxed fishing next to a nice little cooking fire.

There are lots of good combinations, but I like to go with stuff that helps me level-up faster to begin with. Herbs are a good basic money maker, enchanting allows me to self-enchant even junk gear while I level up which is a big deal for leveling efficiency. First-aid is just something everyone should do and also helps leveling efficiency. Cooking is great for being able to create buf-food for yourself. It all adds up.

Skinning and Mining works similarly to Herbs in that you don’t have to take a time-out from leveling to build them up and they will make you gold. I chose herbs only because I might switch to Herbs + Alchemy at the level cap. That said, it is more likely that I will go Alchemy + Enchanting at the level cap. Alchemy for elixirs and flasks, and enchanting to help build friendly relationships with guild members.

I haven’t decided whether I will go for the Bloodvine set or not, which requires Tailoring. But again that is something I’d do at the level-cap and not while leveling. If I do I’ll probably go Tailoring + Enchanting at the level cap.

–

For weapon skills, I will visit Darnassus at around level 10 or so and learn anything I’m missing from the weapon trainers. Depending on the class. Its just fun to do that run anyway for the map.

-Matt

No, because experience from those kinds of things was not added until much later. So they will slow down and already arduous process.

I’m going to blitz 60. First Aid only.

1 Like