10/7 beta tuning hmmmm

Well once I saw so many energy talents throughout the tree I knew that if they were not removed or trimmed down that they would balance around some builds taking on almost all the energy talents.

So now it is mandatory for all builds to pick up a lot of the energy talents with the exception of Sub maybe. But with the latest build Sub received more nerfs aimed toward that direction too.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

That was after the “nerfs”

yeah we were going to get that down tuned at some point. it’s cool because we can build up differently and adapt my brother.

btw saw you in eots the other day and meant to say hey! We were trashing flag carriers since the rest of the team wanted to hang in middle and ignore everything else and didn’t help with much else.

yep energy def doesn’t flow like how it did a week or 2 ago but that’s ok. A little haste and more stabbing doesn’t hurt much. I’m very happy to have vigor back and that was one of the big ones for me. Alacrity even though it is tuned down is still nice too and i’m not upset at that.

I’m still very happy because I can set up my own style of stuff and that is all that matters to me.

I always build with energy talents in mind but I also realize that a lot of players do not or would prefer not to.

So while it doesn’t really impact how I prefer to play all three specs it still limits options when all three specs are balanced around taking more than one energy talent or energy saving talent.

That feels bad when you have to take for example combat potency, fatal flourish, alacrity and vigor just to have the proper pacing for Outlaw.

Or venomous wounds, Vigor and Thistle tea are musts for Assassination. I mean Thistle Tea is a great QoL talent for Assassination Rogue but many of us were hoping it wouldn’t be pigeonholed that way.

2 Likes

That’s the thing though, there is nothing else to take other than those talents mostly. it’s an illusion of choice. real choice would be to make all of these talents accessible and then have your lower levels be a choice of bandit’s guile, roll the bones, or have a choice of weapon specializations like in TBC.

1 Like

To be honest, looking at these changes, after couple of seasons of Mythics 13+, I lean back towards beeing casual again - to play main story, main dungeons, LFRs to know all the raids (since I paid already for the Exp anyway) and some random big BGs for fun.

I’m gonna play a build based on strong Gloomblades with minimum Shadow Dances the close I can get. I don’t give a shimmer if it will be “viable” or not. The game allows me to build it, and I will play it.

After that I’m affraid I’d take a longer brake from WoW. I realise there are so many games that gives me more fun nowadays. And I will wait for Diablo IV.

1 Like

With prepatch coming out in one week this is the time to provide beta feedback for the first patch.

First patch is the best chance for positive changes for all Rogue talent trees in DF.

2 Likes

Looks like Assassination got a buff not a nerf. Am i missing something

A lot of tuning updates yesterday: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-beta-development-notes/1278546/19

2 Likes

After reading the newest notes it definitely looks like sin rogue got a lot of buffs not nerfs.

Cursory glance at the buffs/nerfs, it certainly does seem we’re gonna be going mutspec mostly for the first patch or first few weeks at least:

Outlaw

• Dispatch damage reduced by 14%.
  • Pistol Shot damage reduced by 5%.
  • Roll the Bones:
    • Broadside damage bonus reduced to 15% (was 20%).
    • True Bearing cooldown reduction reduced to 0.5 seconds (was 1 second).
    • Ruthless Precision crit bonus reduced to 15% (was 20%).
    • Skull and Crossbones bonus Sinister Strike chance reduced to 25% (was 30%).
    • Buried Treasure Energy regen increased to 5 per seconds (was 4 per second).

I am cry.

1 Like

Yea assassin got buffs and the previously linked notes they had been buffed

bro, outlaw feels amazing. I really am liking the symmetry of it. a couple of tweaking and pathing changes, but other than that, feels good

1 Like

how does assassin feel?

1 Like

sorry brudda, I am outlaw. I haven’t played the other specs since early wotlk.

ahh well based on all the tuning buffs to assassin has me a bit worried its very weak.

I dont know what they thinking with te renewing blaze nerf. And instead of a stronger dream breath it got turned into a hot?? Needs some thick buffs otherwise why go for a lvl 3 (4 is too long) and not cap at lvl 2

1 Like

wrong section this is rogue not evoker

1 Like

As a Sin Rogue, this sounds good

4 Likes