10/7 beta tuning hmmmm

For reference:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/beta-class-tuning-hotfixes-october-7/1361510

Hmmmm. Feels bad. I …hmmm…Blizz? I have questions.

1 Like

This is some huge tuning down for all three specs.

What gives…

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

the damage tuning is not surprising, cant really say i fully agree with the nerf numbers on some abilities.

The energy regen nerfs on sin and outlaw is abit of a head scratcher tho

8 Likes

Opportunity and Weaponmaster nerfs feel super bad for Outlaw. Do we ever want to even talent into Weaponmaster anymore? seems bad now to need to grab that talent just to go back to the 35% we had as baseline.

2 Likes

Slowing down Outlaw and Assassination is…interesting in a bad way lol.

I just tested it out for both specs and the nerfs to Assassination game play are very harsh. It is noticeable slow down on Outlaw as well, but mitigated if you take vigor and/or Blade Rush.

4 Likes

On PTR definitely feels slowed down a lot and that ain’t so hot. I’m cool with being brought down to match others but making any class feel like crap outside of CDs as a “break in case of X” isn’t great for anyone.

I can’t speak for combat or assassination, but I hope you all are feeling ok. Please give back feedback and further increasing your thoughts and data to present to them if you’re on beta or providing feedback on ptr.

2 Likes

Part of me suspects the wild nerfs are some sort of A/B testing to nudge people into using other builds for more data.

But part of me also remembers them not wanting us to play demo locks… :worried:

2 Likes

Nudging people to take the over saturated energy talents in all the trees was a predictable outcome.

4 Likes

Player reaction was obviously predictable, but given how late the functional talents showed up, they probably weren’t mathematically prepared lol.

1 Like

Haven’t been paying close attention to rogue stuff, but man as someone who has been pumped for assassin in DF… ooooft, those are some sizeable nerfs.

Also why even bother buffing TTB instead of flat out deleting it and making something better lol

1 Like

As soon as I saw the million of energy talents scattered in the talent trees I knew baseline energy would take a hit.

They did the same thing with systemlands by nerfing crimson vial to make room for the healing talents from conduits and covenants.

3 Likes

Yea. Sub tree is still kinda crazy with energy. Even without using Master of Subtlety it feels hard to spend it fast enough sometimes.

Losing some baseline energy might be fine if it was a conscious build choice between, say, lots of fast direct damage vs ramp up to face melting bleeds. But assassins don’t really have a choice in taking VW or not.

And I have no idea what’s even going on with Outlaw right now lol

1 Like

“Go, Go, Blizzard Rangers! Mighty Nerfing Blizzard Rangers!”

5 Likes

Actually this is after the tuning on beta as Sub

https ://postimg .cc/wtKtKPrV

By tuning they mean nerf paladin

1 Like

Sub received more nerfs though.

GG.

1 Like

The energy regeneration nerfs are a joke and the culprit is the Tea capstone.

In order to have an excuse for this lazy and bad design of a talent (and capstone, which makes it even worse), Blizzard HAVE to nerf the energy regeneration for us to even consider taking it (specially for Assassination, for it is on their side of the tree), because of how boring it is.

If you complain, Blizzard can just say to choose better your talents, in other words, press a button once every minute to actually play the game, this is so so so bad.

8 Likes

Well once I saw so many energy talents throughout the tree I knew that if they were not removed or trimmed down that they would balance around some builds taking on almost all the energy talents.

So now it is mandatory for all builds to pick up a lot of the energy talents with the exception of Sub maybe. But with the latest build Sub received more nerfs aimed toward that direction too.

That was after the “nerfs”

yeah we were going to get that down tuned at some point. it’s cool because we can build up differently and adapt my brother.

btw saw you in eots the other day and meant to say hey! We were trashing flag carriers since the rest of the team wanted to hang in middle and ignore everything else and didn’t help with much else.