10.2.6: Plunderstorm - Should Be Free

Shouldn’t this be free for newcomers who enjoy Battle Royale but know nothing about the Warcraft Universe?
If they do decide to do this, I can see the following outcomes:

• Battle Pass for non-sub members. I assume the battle pass would be free for WoW subscribers :crossed_fingers:
  • A lot more cool cosmetics.
  • Increase in subscriptions from a generation that has never played WoW.
  • A new PvP tournament. Arenas have been stale in my opinion.
1 Like

Why? All the rewards are for modern and classic World of Warcraft, not even anything for this game mode itself…

2 Likes

Bobby Kotick needs another yacht, how dare you

1 Like

I mean technically isn’t it free already? WoW has that free version where you can play your character up to level 20 without paying… the new characters probably start at lvl 1 in this event and i doubt they go to high meaning they can participate in this event for free? Its not like its tied to the dragonflight expansion.

Opening up a brand new game system, never mass tested, to anyone and everyone? Yeah I’m sure that wouldn’t lead to any problems at all!

It would be nice to be accessible to Trial players.

And if it does then it’ll be fixed

1 Like

He left the company already. Supposedly he is trying to buy TikTok now or something crazy like that.

2 Likes

There will eventually be cosmetics for this. I don’t want to look the same as everyone else when pwning people lol

I think this would require actually advertising the game still exists.

I think aiming for a good first impression among people already into WoW is more important than letting the general public have a go. If it somehow turns out to be a big hit among the paying customers, then I could imagine them opening it up.

Maybe if Bobby buys TikTok, US Congress won’t ban it. :thinking:

There are, just for World of Warcraft not Plunderstorm. It’s also a limited time event for an expected six weeks, but may return in the future and maybe in different iterations. I also think it’ll be pretty much dead when the majority of the active playerbase gets all the rewards.

Nah, TikTok can go. Other countries already ban United States and international media.

It used to be common to release whole games without peer testing and to physical copies you couldn’t patch-up later. They have an internal QA team.

Bruh. No.

A Battle Pass is how the world works now. It attracts everyone to play. Since we are already paying for a WoW sub, we would get the pass for free.

Lol. I doubt that.