Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

No not really. I think you guys nailed it by giving different avenues for gearing. Raids, M+ and PvP (besides not having vendors) are very good examples of effort = rewards gear systems. A heroic raid boss is about the same effort needed as 2k in PvP is about the same effort needed as a +10 M+. I’ll even throw crafting in there for BoD.

The warfront quest, emissaries, M+ weekly lootbox, and world boss give way too high of gear. And the fact that these can titanforge to Mythic raid or 2400 PvP rating levels is absurd. Yes it might be only 1 piece every couple weeks, but it makes gear and ilvl meaningless. You don’t look forward to a specific drop anymore because the next time you afk in that warfront, or open your lootbox on Tuesday, you can replace any piece of gear.

3 Likes

come to think of it I wonder if giving a little bit of titan resid at a end of a m+ dungeon might be a good way to get a bit more out of it even if you didn’t succeed. Tidal cores are nice but it doesn’t feel enough at a point.

My gf actually quit because her Ilvl shot up so fast, and people kept expecting her to do X amount of damage because “OMG YOU ARE ILVL X AND YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO 10K MORE DPS” but realistically her character was ready for the higher content but she wasnt. so she could either run lower content that she would completely outgear or run relevant content and not perform upto par.

its a stupid system and it completely ruins the progression path, in 2 days /played you can be 380+ without doing a single 5 man heroic. especially on the Timewalking weeks.

2 Likes

This would 100% be good for the game. In each raid, i believe there needs to be a gear goal that some percentage of players can achieve and others cannot without a coordinated group. Honestly, I think TF/WF needs to be done away with completely at all levels of play.

7 Likes

There have been many opinions given, but they have all been pretty subjective. I do think that since this is about entertainment that subjective opinions have value, but both sides need to be considered.

What content are you doing for this? How many people do you think have a 400 item level average from just doing like warfronts and world quests? Have you come across people with solid raid experience who haven’t run a specific dungeon? (I have)

4 Likes

Of course.

I had an item level of 389 before I tried my first Mythic 0, let alone M+. As a tank in the group finder, that’s quite deceptive for those looking for an easy clear that I hadn’t been thru any of the 5-mans yet.

1 Like

That’s a personal problem you’ll have to work out for yourself. Regardless the ilvl of loot that drops it’s still technically progression no matter the mental gymnastic applied to it.

On this note, if the LFG tool showed some form of the key completion UI that players have on their mythic+ UI, possibly on mouseover, it could be a better group making indicator than ilvl. That would likely create other sorts of problems and complaints though. The addon for a third party site that I wont mention that tracks m+ has such a mouseover.

1 Like

You have raider io for that.

Personally I only try to join guilds PuGs. Yes, it’s slower than “1500+ io score required” groups, but usually people are friendly and don’t mind a mistake here and there

Last night I Lusted in guild pug by error (Too close to Cold Snap). Well, guess what ? We just tried again

Edit : I WILL stay until guild’s call time almost everytime. It doesn’t depend on how well we are doing

No… no it doesn’t.

We PUG M+ and it’s easily the worst offender in terms of the mismatch between ilvl and qualification for the content. In terms of the ilvl, it was just a hypothetical. I don’t think anyone at this point could achieve 400 avg ilvl just from doing world quests or warfronts. If that exists at all, it has to be a superminority of players. Regarding the raid experience and specific dungeon knowledge, there are people in my raid group who have solid raid experience, but couldn’t tell you what the trash mob abilities are in say SoB. And I know for a fact if those people showed up in LFG and I grabbed them just from looking at their ilvl, I’d be left wondering…

1 Like

I want the rewards to be equal to the difficulty of the content completed. If you’re talking world quests and gathering, then yes, the person that plays the the more difficult content (raiding) should have a higher item level. It just seems to me like Blizzard is slowly diminishing and reducing the incentives to even participate in the more difficult content, instead it’s a RNG lottery on who gets that sweet titanforged drop.

There should be a cap equal to the next level of difficulty on all titanforging.

I’ve been playing for going on 9 years now with no lapse in my my subscription. I’ve purchased a lot of digital content in my day and have generally enjoyed my time playing over the years. But I have to say, this is the first expansion where I’m seriously considering if the amount of enjoyment I’m getting is even worth a subscription. If my raid’s roster is any indication, I’m not the only one.

Frankly, that makes me sad.

3 Likes

Had a famed slayer of g’huun actually ruin our first even on time 10+ freehold because they forgot to get drunk and we had to wait over a minute for them to walk back up to the npc and back while avoiding pats. We failed our first 10 key by 30 seconds.

This was months ago but I remember it like yesterday sometimes lol.

2 Likes

Sure, but it’s not a matter of how much you get. It’s a matter of how many chances you get, and you get more chances doing all the content than just doing the raid content.

I don’t know where you get me attacking your skill. I have no idea nor do I care if you have skill or not. Ilvl doesn’t equal skill! Now enough with the Ali rope a dope!

If you would be so kind dear sir.

I remember when raids dropped one set of gear. One specific item level. In order to get that high level of gear you had to raid. End of story.

2 Likes

Honestlly, I think this point is obsolete. There are so much videos/walk through/help on the net that EVERYONE should be able to understand a fight in 1-2 tries. Then it’s just execution.

I killed normal jaina (Ok, it’s low, but still), just after watching Mythic down by Method.

I was expecting fight of my life, but hey ! P1 you hardly need to move and other “staff” is easy to handle

Why should they reply to people who are verbally aggressive ? Plus most times there is actually absolutely no point in discussing things with someone of an opposite viewpoint because no one changes their minds and it often just results in a bunch of bickering.