Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

I think that cosmetic only rewards have been suggested in the past, but people freak out about making their character more powerful. Also, that removes the mechanic of gear making fights easier. I suppose the solution to this could be gradually making all fights easier at set intervals. I think all of this would be even more poorly received than TF/WF though, mainly because stats are such an integral part of the game.

2 Likes

Progression is important to people in a rpg

Edit: also people will throw fits over cosmetics they cant obtain. See CM weapons and CM armors no longer being availabale.

in the end no matter the reward people want it handed to them easily in some form

3 Likes

NEED ! Lerroooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 Like

And with all the new systems and options for gear there is now more progression than ever for everyone and not just a few.

1 Like

I mean its pseudo progression i suppose

Just speaking hypothetical, if WF/TF existed for lower level gear, but like Mythic raiding always 100% had the BiS pieces, would you be satisfied? Even if you don’t do that content?

Has there ever been a point while playing the game where you haven’t had the time/ability to be pushing content? I know we have a dedicated crowd here (General Discussion represent!) but I’m trying to understand your history as well as others to see if they have been in other positions and how the rewards worked for them.

But when doing PuG content, why does it matter how they earned it? What content are you doing that requires this scrutiny? Are you pushing Mythic+ with PuGs and having issues? Personally I just roll with things as some under-geared players are pretty good at the game and if someone is making mistakes I try and help them out a bit or just focus on what I can do to help the group.

Cheers :slight_smile:

10 Likes

So, it’s only progression based on your opinion on what progression means?

My understanding of the word in this instance is if you improve upon your character in an rpg you’ve made progression.

sigh is everyone at blizzard just casual plebs? like seriously. If you are a 2500+ player or a mythic raider you are doing content far harder than anything 95% of playerbase is doing. You deserve to be rewarded for it. There were tons of casuals that played in earlier days and they had fun even though they had garbo gear. There is nothing rewarding for doing the most challenging parts of the game if some scrub who clicks their buttons and plays 1 hour a week gets a 420 TF from a warfront that they were playing some mobile game in the middle of. Its bull and anyone who isnt an old out of touch casual can see it. Its sad people like you are involved / make decisions in this game. Im sure many of the lead devs think similarly cus they arent true gamers.

2 Likes

I fully agree with Bornakk, you get 1 piece of confirmed gear every 4-5 weeks. It’s REALLY not that bad if you think about it. A person who is falling behind in gear has a easy way of catching up if they’ve not received loot for weeks.

With that said, I DO understand where the frustration comes from. It’s sort of the “be damned if you do/don’t.” Because I could try to push myself through the hardest content. Note: Not a bad thing, fine with that Or I can just wait a good 8 weeks to be fully geared on the tier.

I believe it wouldn’t be an issue if warfronts awarded Normal raid gear level, such as how PVP will only go to 385. I feel like that is acceptable.

And as such, diving into harder content should award the better gear 400 Such as how Arena’s/heroic raiding/Mythic + 10 does so. But should not be challenged by players going into a warfront and AFKING for 20 minutes.

2 Likes

hey i want say thanks for the communications here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As someone who prefers the pet battle aspect of the game, this is quite false. I don’t enjoy playing Alliance, I literally had to play alliance to cap and do a daily series because Bumbles can’t be caged. Same will apply to mount collectors.

Players feel they need to do all of the content because the game is actively forcing them into it with rewards that they do want. Island Expeditions is the prime example, 40 pets and 11 mounts. So if you collect those (especially mounts) that’s where your free time is going to be spent, even if you actively hate doing them.

Some players focus is on getting better gear. Thus they end up in warfronts and pvp for the quest reward. Do they like either? Probably not, but it rewards them with what they specifically are playing for.

(I’m neither for or against WF/TF mind you, I don’t raid, pvp or do mythic+ when I don’t have to. I just level my army, and collect my pets… just couldn’t not respond to something so blatantly out of touch as ‘do what you enjoy because you don’t have to do everything’.)

5 Likes

I agree on this point, a lot ! :slight_smile:

Why does it matter how your PuG group got the gear ? I’m GLAD when PuG is more geared than me. I consider myself around average player. So Playing with people with better gear than me pushes me to test new rotations, test new specs.

1 Like

Its progression if ive worked towards a goal of getting stronger and through work accomplish that goal and in doing so make doing that content easier in the future

some +30 ilvl TF from killing 12 alligators in a swamp doesnt really achieve that for me

Is killing a new boss not rewarding unless you get a piece of loot from it? Does some other player you have almost no contact with that will never accomplish what you have really that devastating to your game experience?

You are correct that is part of the playerbase.

I wish wow had more of this but I think part of the problems is that most of the cosmetic stuff has become boring. Mounts, pets, toys are less special these days because we have so many of them and Mogs are so limiting given they have to still rely on dynamic textures to give certain effect to the gear. Compare that to some of the newer MMOs which have more geometry on the gear and thus more variety in styles.

I would have loved them implementing a housing system and use house stuff as potential rewards.

Then don’t do that. The game itself is not stopping you from doing the first thing you said.

Please just let us know if you’ve all considered the well thought out WF/TF issues in the other deep threads; this system is seriously bad for the game and I do hope Blizzard reconsiders in the future.

Unfortunately a large portion of this game is tied to azerite armors abilities. In order to use the azerite armor i have to maintain a certain neck level.

So basically to take part in any content at all i have to grind AP. Wish i could avoid it

how is that adding anything useful to the conversation?
It’s like we’re talking about crosscountry skiing, and u muscle your way into the conversation to tell us you like riding a snowboard.

absolutely. If i put in more effort / time / skill into this game i deserve to be stronger / more glamorous items in every aspect that has to do with combat. That is how this game has operated until MoP when they started heavily catering to casuals and babies who feel entitled to good gear for doing nothing. Clearly its not working since the game is damn near dead. It was far more successful when they rewarded more hardcore play. Even casual carebears such as yourself had some baby mode things to do and have fun while the big boys did actual content. Not LFR lmao.