Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

There are statistics that back up what is actually difficult. I don’t care what someone individually finds difficult. It’s about the relative difficulty within the community versus something else within the community.

1 Like

But why does inferiority matter if you don’t even care to do the content.

Gameplay experience is being made meager at the expense of making you feel as good as someone who deserves to be good.

3 Likes

No. Superior factor is what I play this game for, and it’s how life works, and how this game worked when I liked it best (and when it had the most players). So, how about you get over your “everyone deserves things” mentality instead.

1 Like

I got a 420 Grong trinket which is pure hot garbage for Fury (worse than multiple 385 trinkets), but was a huge upgrade for the Ret Pally and UH DK in our raid. Couldn’t trade it because A) it TFd far higher than anything I already had and B) you guys for no good reason whatsoever decided to take out Master Loot for organized raiding.

It’s actually shocking over the last couple years how many terrible decisions this company has made. But the addition of TFing and then the removal of Master Loot are two of the absolute worst. This company is FAR too stubborn to admit that though so we’re going to be stuck with it forever.

You guys say you are open to dialogue on these things. But you aren’t, at all. Nothing we say will ever result in a change, you guys didn’t even listen to the thousands of people giving class feedback in BFA beta telling you how terrible most classes feel, why would we ever be expected to believe you again that you actually want dialogue and feedback from us?

4 Likes

Why does higher gear make you feel inferior, If you arnt playing with other players to begin with. Your play style doesn’t require higher ilvls it actually benefits you to have lower ilvls on some world quests. You can’t get upset someone earns their doctorate when you refuse to do the work to earn your own.

Why do you feel you need to do all of the content? You can do the content that you enjoy and you will get rewarded for it. Yes, there are other avenues to gear up and it makes sense to do a bunch of them if you are pushing content, but how come it’s not optional based on your play style/time? There can be long gaps where I don’t do any PvP and could be missing out on gear but that only affects me if I’m trying to squeeze out every item level - I prefer to just focus on things I want to do with the time I have.

10 Likes

Couldn’t agree more… I got the pleasure of running a mythic0 earlier this week and seeing a 415 ilvl drop for a group member. Good for him but seems a tad…too much?

Anyone who thinks getting procs like that keep this ‘fun’ may have lost touch.

3 Likes

Nope, I get what you are trying to say raid or you are a baddie. Also, no one in the game does brain surgery what an idiotic comparison!

2 Likes

I do plenty of content. It just doesn’t; include Dungeons or Raiding …My decision and my rewards for that, isn’t stepping on anyone’s toes.

I feel the need to do all the content because the reason I play the game is the competitive aspects of PVE. I can’t stay competitive with people who do all the content unless I do all of it as well. For wanting to encourage a plethora of play styles, you definitely DO NOT encourage the competitive one.

2 Likes

Too fragile to post on your main, sad.

Who cares if other people get titanforges? Good for them.

Giving an awful player 100% titanforged gear at 425 doesn’t mean they’re going to be able to push a 20 key or kill Mythic Jaina…

A good player on the other hand, will be able to with normal gear.

Get over it.

4 Likes

Glad you brought up not posting on their mains…Whom are they trying to hide from :wink:

You’re drawing false conclusions. Just because raids, high m+ keys, and high rated arena are the current most difficult content doesn’t mean I can’t fathom a world with hard solo content as well. I loved MTC for this reason. I just think that you shouldn’t get rewards on-par with things that require more skill.

The #1 argument low level posters use. “Logs don’t represent my skill level” haha.

It really doesn’t. Getting an extremely lucky titanforge proc does not give a player exclusive titles, mounts or any other kind of prestige like being in the hall of fame.
All it does is make somebody happy for a while until the next raid comes out and resets the gear progression.

How does it hurt you, specifically? Aside from your feelings, does it impede your game play in any way?

The only form of character progression at max level in WoW is gear acquisition.
If people who get hurt feels over “casuals” getting gear had their way, we’d be right back to the “raid or die” game and with this game being 14+ years old, it’d probably just be “die” instead.
At max level right now you basically can gear up or roll another alt.
Take away the one form of max level character progression and this game is going to be in a bad way, fast.

2 Likes

Ignoring the ego aspect of the game entirely. What about people who play for the competitive aspects? Someone who is more skilled than someone else and does the same difficulty of content, yet has less gear than someone else in their raid because that person does all the other easier forms of content?

1 Like

Bornakk I am a little surprised to hear you say this. Players will ALWAYS take the shortest, most efficient route to power even if it is not fun. Blizzard itself coined the term “The Mechanar problem” after this phenomenon. So regardless of whether or not my raiders really enjoy spamming keys and would really more enjoy a properly tuned gear-difficulty curve in raiding, they are going to do it. Even if I don’t really enjoy the ridiculously dumb experience that is the Darkshore warfront, I am going to do it because it will give me a 400 ilvl piece.

Blizzard needs to take more responsibility to protect the integrity of the gaming experiences they are trying to craft. If I could just hack in a 400 socketed weapon with optimal stats into the game with a script I got online, I would be called a cheater and rightly so. But how is this different from the weapon this character is wearing now that they got from a warfront? How is its impact on my experience of the game, or how it degrades the raiding difficulty curve for my teammates, any different?

6 Likes

I loved the mage tower as well. I may have jumped to conclusions with you but you started out with name calling and calling players bad just because other forms of more challenging content do not exist.

Hello @Bornakk I really have to respond to this as you seem to have interest in the player’s view of this issue.

What happens here, that most players look for a progression line on a MMORPG, be it from raid difficulties, to dungeon M+ levels or PvP levels.
TF/WF breaks that progression line, “free gear” (warfronts) also break that progression, and they don’t add anything to it other than free gear itself.
TF/WF makes you skip progression and that breaks the MMORPG feel of it, same goes for Free gear.
Not progressing is bad for everyone, even the people who are vocally saying “they dont care about TF/WF” or even saying that they like TF/WF only say so because they don’t know how bad it really is.
This diminishes the general interest that a player has in the game, even if unknowingly, which makes the player eventually not want to play the game.

1 400 piece every 3 weeks doesn’t really change anything. Sure by the end of the patch you might be decked out in warfront gear as a casual but gear won’t matter at the point the tier is over.

4 Likes