10.1.5 Secret bottleneck

With the release of 10.1.5 today we were all really excited to go after the new scholomance secret,

However the secret finding discord discovered step one is to use the Krastinov bag of horrors in the final room of Scholomance,
the toy drops from the rare krastinov at nearly a 100% drop chance, the problem is the rare only spawns in heroic Scholomance, which has a daily lockout, and it seems the chance of the rare spawning is maybe around 10% from what im finding

If you don’t already have the toy, and you dont have tons of alts to spam at heroic, you’re either stuck waiting for the daily lockout to try again, or resorting to an exploit that lets you skip the first step, which many are doing

Im really hoping the rare gets hotfixed to spawn on normal as well,
Normally im fine with these daily tries, but this one is gatekeeping the major draw of the patch

5 Likes

Heroic Dungeons from legacy content that have daily lockouts is itself a problem.

What’s the point?

4 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t you only need someone in the party to have the toy?

The daily heroic lockout is kind of annoying, but you can group up with someone who has the toy. I don’t remember the farm being that bad in MoP or w/e either, but maybe I got lucky with RNG for that.

4 Likes

That was the bug I was referring to in the post :slight_smile:
I can’t imagine its intended to be able to skip the toughest requirement of the secret?

and no, the farm isnt that bad, as a whole daily chance drops with a 10% ish chance is okay,
The trouble with this one is its a daily lockout for like, half the patch content pre req

Honestly I made this post thinking this was an oversight and thought a post to bring attention too it would help, though since it hasnt been hotfixed a full day into the patch Im guessing now it was intended

Im trying with every character I have that can do the dungeon, so I am doing the grind for it,

1 Like

But we’ve already been able to skip parts of other “secrets” before with someone else in the group having something or someone else completing one of the prerequisites (see: The Hivemind), so I’m not sure how that differs in this scenario.

Removing some barriers like allowing to mob to spawn on normal instead of heroic and above might help, but it’s still not required as someone else with the toy can unlock it for you.

4 Likes

I would hope it increases. I think either through LFG/WoW Secrets/other communities Perky PUGs etc there should be plenty of people spamming heroic on mains/alts to farm this up. Am thinking I would also be limited to my 3 70s, but maybe as the patch goes on the rare could spawn more as a possible solution. I think it would be a great idea if that was a fix to make the farm more obtainable with time.