10.1.5 Rogue Changes Released!

What else can you expect from the spec that gets a rework every year

1 Like

Perhaps it’s not their ties with the Old Gods that drives them mad…

2 Likes

It’s just the built up salt from years of getting picked on by rogues in BGs.

3 Likes

Outlaw is just beyond worthless. I’m actually curious if a single dev has ever played it this expansion.

10 Likes

Of course not. You’ve seen literally -all- the nerfs we continue to get and even outlaw. Even some QoL nerfs for zero reason (such as water walking removal and that wasnt in a single patch note). and the fact they literally just whined about sub’s “small window burst” when that’s literally all we have

11 Likes

Im still upset about having to spend 3 talent points total to get back 1 min sprint, 20% stealth movement and 1 charge of shadowstep when monks and dh have that movement natively and spend 1 point at most to improve it.

11 Likes

brothers in arms, the weaponmaster change today was actually a buff. It use to hit for 15% normal damage in pvp, now it hits for 50%. I like that.

3 Likes

But wait, I thought the devs always half-jokingly meme us in blueposts as being an evergreen example of a hyperbroken, OP mobility class that everyone else needs to fear, envy, and eventually call upon needing heavy nerfs. What gives?! Here’s the actual half-joke: the help our class needs is in the form of a dedicated PR firm.

The above quote is just one of many formal examples where blueposts help clap our lid shut with a comedic slap in the first week, only to come back around with mild aura buffs as the season/meaningful competition comes to a close. In the meantime, we get to soak shots to the ribs from the rest of the community as they sling dispels at Afflicted and get apology reworked with iteration that should actually be happening for our role-restricted class instead.

I’m fine. I’m not feral. You’re Feral.

8 Likes

Yeah should of been that way regardless but It’s nice at least to see. It’s nice when it does go off but still pretty sorry to hope for a proc.

2 Likes

You are correct. I tested yesterday on a dummy and since dark shadow gotta nerf, it’s still a nerf but it’s not as bad as I thought. But it essentially added into our gimmicky nonsense. I still hit for what I did before for the most part.

2 Likes

Yeah we will wait and see, I really hope we can meet in the middle with a choice node that just skips dark shadow in the future. Really not a fan of being tuned on that and secret carnival.

2 Likes

I just want my abilities to feel useful. I don’t like that my eviscerate can either be 20k or 175k because of some double symbols of death + other stacked convoluted bs

3 Likes

Hm, they gave a patch date and still little to nothing has been changed for rogues.

They definitely promised mage, rogue, and H pala changes…And only 2 of those on that list have been looked at. I seriously doubt at this point we’ll get any meaningful changes.

4 Likes

Yup. Patch is coming in 3 weeks and nothing has been done for rogues. Better luck next time I guess.

3 Likes

Guess they want people to just FOTM reroll to spriest or even better, Augmentation which is going to take another mandatory spot in every single group. Pugging is dead.

4 Likes

even if it isn’t good overall, ppl are going to take them cause they like seeing them big numbers in the meters

2 Likes

I keep hoping for the day when everything is account wide like reps and other character specific progressions. I feel so main locked, but that would probably do it for me.

We’re already the least played class of the game. Wonder why.

2 Likes

Checked the evoker discord and after nerfs it’s still simming for 221k effective dps on ST so yeah, whatever changes we get might as well (if we actually get any other than the nerfs) be irrelevant anyways because Spriest and Aug will be perma locked in every M+ group leaving 1 dps slot for whatever pops off next patch, probably Fire.

3 weeks away you already know they’re not making literally any changes that matter.

2 Likes

It’s incredible that the only change Outlaw gets is making it even more difficult to play. What a mess. They’ve been too frightened to ever actually remove anything or rework it, and just layer weird system over weird system. Legion was ok, but something is seriously wrong that you either have to DDR and hope you can keep up. Or you can ignore half the talents for a DPS loss in exchange for sanity.

Remove ambush and vanish post pull, make the stupid shadow dancing a choice. Remove Slice and dice or make it a choice. Some class designer lead probably smugly hangs out in front of the white board repeating BuT itS a rOgUE. When combat and outlaw have always been sneaky, not stealthy.

In the builds I’ve played with, I was dropping RTB to remove the crazy inconsistent rotation, hillariously picked it up because I finally learned why SND was being extended, but there’s no point using that keybind any more as now we need to babysit the worst buff in the game.

1 Like

Probably because one of the main pvp devs mained SP.

Not to mention blizzards mentality of “they only have one dps spec so its got to be good” While specs like outlaw just sit at the bottom of the ocean waiting for the curse to be lifted.

6 Likes