10.1 patch news

This isn’t dissolving the factions lorewise, in fact it’s in keeping with lore a lot more than what we have currently. Neutral factions exist in large numbers in WoW, with all races as members, what were our Order Halls if not cross-faction guilds?

4 Likes

Or a return of the faction war with options for Casablanca type roleplay. Despite what Queen Alex may have had in mind, warmode and PVP quests are still as much a thing as they were in BFA.

“Of all the guilds she had to join, she had to come into mine.”

1 Like

For the most part, absolutely nothing in Lore. The only mention in game is Rexxar quitting his membership in the Hunt club because hunting Alliance in Kul Tiras promised to be more interesting.

I’ve said for awhile I think turning off WM should make the city and town guards of the opposite faction unfriendly as opposed to hostile.

Because turning WM on Enlists you as an agent of your respective super power. A combatant. With it off you’re at most a citizen of that country, if even that. Meaning the guards are straight up attacking people on sight based on their race.

Which gets especially weird when you factor in the mutual Thalassian elf population. Probably some awkward conversations about Stormwind Guards hacking a non purple velf to death because they made the mistake of wearing a red outfit that day.

Gotta be real confusing for the Deathguard as a lot of those dudes don’t have fully functional eyes, if they have them at all. So I suppose you just keep your finger on the trigger and dump the clip at anything that says “King’s honor, friend”.

6 Likes

This might be a good idea. Not only does it make sense lore wise because we’re not at war, but it would be a plus for game mechanics too.

When the Darkmoon Fair came back up some Horde rogue was killing the Trade Vendor in Elwynn the Alliance goes to buy items for the profession quests. I went to SW real quick to turn on WM but there was no problem on the WM server, the vendor was still there and there wasn’t 30 Alliance waiting. I turned it off and got back and he was still doing it and people were still waiting. So basically there was nothing we could do about it and everyone had to find the multiple different vendors who sell the stuff in Stormwind. It just sucked that people who weren’t in war mode were being punished and there wasn’t anything anyone could do except be ready and waiting for the vendor’s whole respawn timer and perfectly predict where to drop your aoe or flare for him, which no one could.

3 Likes

You can still flag in WM off in the same way you could in non PvP servers. I think.

I know you do when you do something like a Legion Warden Tower, but I wasn’t aware you could it otherwise.

Oh I am going to be salty forever and ever. In another universe, I could’ve been playing one of these.

11 Likes

There’s definitely a way to flag. Because I’ve seen people flagged trying to trick people into attacking them.

I should know I used to do the same thing with my exploding sheep in the long long ago. Bust into Coldridge or another nursery zone, pop out the Baaa’mbs, stealth, and wait for a curious noob to shoot at it so you can;

2 Likes

My god, it’s like Mechagnomes all over again.

1 Like

It’s just asdkjfsdihafs

The “big three” races I always wanted to play on horde were drakonids, naga, or worgen. Cata screwed me over with worgen, naga most likely will never happen, but dracthyr have managed to crush me for the second time in a row now that this has come out. :sob:

Just got to hold out hope for naga I guess.

All I want is a few more options for undead characters.

My general regard to Forsaken characters is they fall into either the Dracula, Frankenstein or Zombie camp. And I just want the customization options to really make that work.

Like what’s the point of the mottled skin option? What fence sitter is that for? Replace that with a stiched option that let’s you customize the skin color of every limb. Then let me get really grotesque with the rotted option. I want organs hanging out god damnit.

1 Like

I don’t think that Orcs should feel free to just walk into Stormwind, nor should Night Elves be that welcome in Orgrimmar or Thunder Bluff.

1 Like

Too late Lor’Themar is married to one.

2 Likes

We don’t count the Highborne we left behind as Night Elves. Neither does the game.

It doesn’t change my status as KOS in both cities.

1 Like

For what ethnic purity? If they ain’t an agent of the state it just seems silly.

1 Like

Earthen Ring, Cenarion Circle? Uncrowned were made up for Legion, sure, but SI:7 has a goblin member even now. Silver Hand is Alliance again but Argent Crusade is still neutral and controls a large chunk of land and resources even now. The Illidari and the Ebon Blade are both faction neutral as well.

2 Likes

A goblin will sell his mother out… for the right price.

Knowing Shaw’s level of competence, that goblin could very well be a double agent.

The Highborne of Suramar were always a distinctly different cultural group. with 13,000 years of being exposed to Nightwell energies, they’ve become a different species was well.

1 Like

Last two bosses are an Echo of Neltharion and Scalecommander Sarkareth. None of the Primalists are a fight. I’m still unclear though if all three will make it out of 10.1 as the story campaign hasn’t been data-mined yet.

New models and mounts:

New Dragon Isles Map

6 Likes