10.0.7 WW update

Here is what the notes say for Windwalker Monks:

Windwalker
New Talent: Skytouch – Tiger Palm applies an effect which increases your critical strike chance by 50% for 6 seconds on the target. This effect cannot be applied more than once every 1 minute per target.
This has been added as a choice node on Skyreach for players that still want the benefit additional critical strike but do not want to dash to their target.
Inner Peace’s maximum Energy Bonus increased to 30 (was 10).
Inner Peace now also increases Tiger Palm damage by 10%.
Rising Star now increases Rising Sun Kick damage by 3/6% (was 5/10%).
Rising Star now increases Rising Sun Kick’s critical strike damage by 6/12%.
Faeline Harmony’s damage and healing bonus increased to 10% (was 8%).
Developers’ note: Several Windwalker Monk talents have been adjusted to allow players to focus on specializing in single target damage.

My question is, how does this help single target damage at all? Tiger Palm increase by 10%? An additional 20 energy? Or did they adjust talents they are not telling us about?

5 Likes

It doesn’t, the talent with more energy still won’t be worth anything and the rsk node will actually end up a dps negative, so yay they’re nerfing us because none of them are actually testing the thing and just going off simulations

9 Likes

According to Peak of Serenity, I was seeing that if you play WW well it’s a 1%-2% dps increase, again IF YOU PLAY WELL, otherwise it’s actually a nerf to WW ST. Pretty shameful stuff from the devs this patch tbh.

Only thing I could imagine now is we go Inner Peace just to get Dance of Chi’Ji for ST but I’ve only used that as a meme build. I can’t imagine it actually being the play.

3 Likes

It sims as a 1-2% dps increase but that doesn’t pan out hitting a target dummy or much less doing a raid. Once in game actually playing, I have not seen a consistent increase in dps but I have seen a consistent decrease in the dps we do.

It is coming up as a total nerf across the board in the actual game.

5 Likes

They obviously have no clue what to do with WW.

“We want to allow WW to focus on ST damage”

Nerfs main ST ability
Babybuffs the chi builder

Yeah… great job there. :unamused:

12 Likes

I think the crit damage increase without any nerfing of RSK would still not be that mind blowing.

6 Likes

Best part of that is it would be a 100% net gain compared to right now and also compared to the nightmare they are trying to push as a buff which is turning into a nerf.

We need major gains we are 20% behind the best. A net gain is what we need and even then it still wouldn’t close that gap.

1 Like

Looks like we have more changes added.

It is to FLS and the crit damage on RSK which I am not happy about but buffs are buffs at this point.

I won’t be testing this weekend since I will be out of town. Fingers crossed someone posts their results after a few segments on a dummy and then tries it in a few instance runs with the new changes.

4 Likes

This will help a bit, if this goes live… Still won’t make us a single target dps king but might close the gap between the bottom 3 ST specs in the game

I don’t love or hate faeline stomp but I’m sad they’re not doing anything for whirling dragon punch. WDP is one of my favorite monk abilities but it’s completely useless in every game mode right now.

3 Likes

It would be nice to have it addressed but I’m not a big fan of self-root abilities. Especially for “mobile” classes. I’m glad I don’t have to add it to my bars right now.

1 Like

PLEASE BLIZZARD. without perfect play these are nerfs. WW is in such bad shape. My guild wants me to learn tanking because my ST is such garbage. SO Much of our damage is done in ToD windows which are buggy and janky AF. We can’t even sustain AoE. If we were cleave gods I would be less concerned but we’re being passed by anyone with any AoE sustain. We are in dire striaghts and I feel yet again we are being completely left by the wayside.

Also our spec trinket increases HASTE? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME. It’s our worst secondary and I have less than 8% currently and I’d go lower if I could (ilvl418). I honestly don’t know if the ww dev even understands how the spec works

5 Likes

Oh 100% they don’t, or else we would have never gotten bonedust and faeline in our spec tree

4 Likes

I find it funny that monk Don’t have an Sooth for Rage Week, but we got a skill Name soothing mist dam right. We could also get maybe the Sooth of priests like put a cloud on mob to obscure their sight. Monk Need some love .And for the love of God buff WW St with new tier im pretty sure were gonna be Far bottom even more than currently wont make any sense to bring a monk in tyranical or St boss fight in raid

2 Likes

Why are you posting the same drivel in every thread? Grow up.

1 Like

Wowhead’s 10.0.7 talent builder is showing Rising Star giving 8 to 16% crit chance rather than 6 to 12.

1 Like

It’s garbage either way.