10.0.7 PTR Patch Notes

damage is fine imo, but the way the spec works it needs to stay in the fight to sustain and get value from its talents, like icecap is pretty dead cos after your go you have to run and kite until next go, if fdk could sustain better in melee it could actually get good value from icecap and maybe dw fdk would be more popular for a more sustained damage playstyle etc. imo fdk doesnt need much to get it to where it needs to be overall. like improved deathstrike specific fdk unnerf for example could legit make the class good again. but currently its just VERY paper if you compare to unholy. you really feel the difference in sustained healing playing both specs when unholy has bloodplague and necro wounds healing

Well, is that enough tho? I mean, they must really hate MW, this is nothing compared to what all the love Druids are getting this expansion. #jealous

I guess the devs are busy with rebalancing several classes. This time monk seems to get very little (but something nice, though) but these patch notes are not final and more patches will arrive, too.
Maybe they will find time to do more throughout this PTR or maybe monks will get more attention in the next one or so.
I just hope that they read and will consider several ideas made by the community.
This class doesn’t need to be OP or meta. It has to be fun and viable.

An idea/wish I currently have is the return of Chi for MW that would be spent for small mitigations for one or more party members (similar to dracthyrs essence but with mitigation/shields instead of heals). This would round that spec well up, in my opinion, as it’s philosophy already states (from Wowpedia):

Mistweavers are unique among those who heal. The energies they channel are mysterious, oftentimes misunderstood by commoners—who rarely travel beyond the borders of their homelands—as some form of folk medicine. But those who weave the mists wield the power of life’s essence, using a mixture of preventative and restorative spells to mend their allies’ wounds. The inner tranquility that guides mistweavers allows them to sustain their healing for long periods of time, and gives them the strength to care for multiple injured allies

Restorative spells are there - preventative one’s… We have 3 for ourselves and cocoon for the group. Having Chi for use of preventative one’s would also improve their healing for long periods of time and make them fit their description even better :slight_smile:

probably not enough, MW severely lacks a damage reduction and Soothing Mist (hell, all channels in this game really) being cancelled on the move is extremely outdated with how broken melee uptime is.

i’d love to see soothing mist and hell, even void torrent and mind flay: insanity usable on the move because they’re dead talents. plus torrent doesnt hit remotely as hard as rapid fire even with psychic link.

1 Like

February 7th:

:slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

UN NERF PROT PALLY WOGS PLEASE SO WE CAN EVEN BE VIABLE AGAIN. This looks like Avenger shield nerf… GIVE AVENGER SHIELD HOLY POWER AGAIN!

And let holy priests cast smite while moving. And give smite a small heal with it!

Late derail, but i thought you should know, i found a wow pvp montage video thing i put on youtube 11 years ago. And my character is a tauren paladin named “holycow”

fitting that my first act back on the forums is off topic

Also, love the new look.

1 Like

They don’t want that talent to be played

Now is probably the best time for them to remove the DW requirement on Enhancement Shaman abilities and finally allow them to use 2 handed weapons again. There is absolutely no reason to keep the spec restricted to DW and I have gone over that in a couple of videos now. The current talents provide more than enough passive Maelstrom generation at this point and so it doesn’t matter whether you DW or have 1 2handed weapon.

1 Like

What happened to the edit option or ability to delete posts. Id like to have this posted by my Shaman and not this mage

Now is probably the best time for them to remove the DW requirement on Enhancement Shaman abilities and finally allow them to use 2 handed weapons again. There is absolutely no reason to keep the spec restricted to DW and I have gone over that in a couple of videos now. The current talents provide more than enough passive Maelstrom generation at this point and so it doesn’t matter whether you DW or have 1 2handed weapon.

1 Like

2h is the reason frost dk is either completely disgusting or completely unplayable

hope they don’t randomly decide to murder enhancement the same way

1 Like

Fire mage needs big buffs, frost DK needs love, Ench needs some QoL changes, lots of weaker classes not even being looked at or changed in a way that will make them feel/do better, they need damage and talent swaps and what not, and yes i did see the frost dk talent stuff, but they need more then that to even try to touch UH, same with ench vs ele, and same with frost vs fire ya know

I don’t agree with that ultimatum.

In Shadowlands, my DK went 2H crit-mastery frost while everybody else went dual wield with haste. I came out on top the majority of the time, but people had it in their heads that dual wield was the only way to play frost. This kind of thinking is everywhere in WoW. People follow icy-veins or the streamers that follow icy-veins and so few people try to think outside of that box. 2H frost was another option, completely viable. Not broken, not weak. They can do the same with Shamans. They did that with Holy Paladins this time and it’s viable to go without a shield no problem. More options are always better. You don’t need to go 2H shaman, but it’s nice to know it’s there.

Every streamer said that 2h was meta for entire shadowlands for both unholy and DK. I don’t think there was a single season where any guide said to dual wield.

Sorry, but I have doubts on that statement. No one would say that 2H was meta for unholy because unholy can’t dual wield anyway… Additionally, my empirical evidence showed dual wield frost everywhere for S3. Whether it’s someone I inspected or those ahead of me on raider. io, it was almost all dual wields.

You’ve linked evidence?