[10.0.7] Game freezes and crashes when attempting to buy from in-game shop/ use support

After 10.0.7, any interaction that launches an ingame browser freezes the game for a long time, then crashes.

1. Clicking buy on a character service in the in-game shop
  2. Clicking on the “support” button in esc

It gets stuck on “connecting” for a long time, then crashes. It only started happening this patch.

Me to + 10 characters

Same problem

I am experiencing this issue too. What is the fix? What are people doing about this? In-game shop is the only way to buy WoW token- so we can’t buy tokens anymore?

This is still occurring for me, does anyone know of a fix? It’s pretty intrusive because I have a ticket response notification covering buffs that crashes the game and freezes my computer anytime I click it.

Edit: I was able to get it to work by loading the game into a windows 10 virtual machine with accelerated 3d graphic support no gpu passthrough. This is a fairly outdated one that I didn’t update yet. As such, I believe it’s either a recent windows 10 update or a Nvidia gpu driver update. This tracks with me since I updated both around the same time that it broke. You could try to downgrade any recent updates to see if that gets around it or run it in a vm, but otherwise it looks like it is necessary to wait for a new patch or blizzard to patch it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.