10.0.5 Prayers of the Virtuous changes not go through on Live?

Patch notes:
“Prayers of the Virtuous now increases the maximum stack count of Prayer of Mending by 2 per point.”

However on live I only get 1 per point.

1 Like

Okay, the description is a bit confusing.

PoM prior to this update only stacked up to 10 max on a single target. The new change is that it will stack up to 12/14 max per target based on how many points.

What Caithyra said.

Essentially while PoM was 5 stacks, you could toss out 2 PoMs on someone to get up to 10.

The talent increased that to 6/7 stacks. But the cap was still 10. So you were LOSING 2/4 stacks if you used PoM twice on someone.

It also caused scenarios like:

I’m going to cast PoM on someone in raid - but a 5 stack PoM bounces to them as my PoM is traveling. Well now they’re at 10, even though I added 7 stacks to them and they should be at 12. Etc.

It’s just a change on the cap so you never lose PoM charges in any scenario you wouldn’t have lost them before.

But how this change the fact that talent should give the +2 per rank so i would get 9 PoM stacks instantly instead of only 7 ?

No.

The talent increases the stacks of PoM by 1 each rank (from 5 to 7). It increases the MAXIMUM stacks on a target by 2 (from 10 to 14)

The TLDR is the talent does 2 things.

1. It increases how many charges of PoM you have by +1/2.
  2. It increases the maximum stack of PoM by +2/4.

So since you get 7 charges of PoM, it can stack up to 14 on a single target. It only stacked up to 10 before so you could have phantom charges of PoM disappearing if two sets of PoMs merged on one person and exceeded 10.