Bornakk on Communication Going Forward

Keep up the sweet nothings. They make most of us happy.

<3 Bornakk #oldschool

1 Like

Ythisens did stop by EsfandTV’s stream to chat with him a bit .

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/380189220?t=3h44m51s

1 Like

I feel like they might be underestimating how big this audience will be dude lets crush the numbers so we get burning crusade as well <3

2 Likes

h8 esfand.

1 Like

9 Likes

Don’t let us down. I expect memes posted 18 hours per day. The first rank 14 meme poster on Blizzard’s payroll.

3 Likes

yes I agree with Alodar, more information on those things he stated pls!!

Hate to break it to the CM’s and Ythisens. There were “blues” a LONG time before WoW came around. Although I could believe Fangtooth was one of the first people actually hired to do that job specifically.

ScottM(ercer – WoW Raids and Dungeons), PatN(agel – Hearthstone, and Nagelring/Nat Pagel infamy no doubt) and AdamM were the Blizzard “Representatives” on the Starcraft Suggestions Forum back in 1997, although I have no doubt they had other responsibilities even then.

GFrazier(SP?) would be another candidate for the pseudo-CM title that would predate WoW to my memory, as I know he was working/moderating the Blizzard Forums as one of the “blues” during the days of the WarcraftIII Suggestions Forum. Although I understand his job title had something to do with Web Application Development or something like that, so the forum code likely fell in his domain, and so had the “privilege” of also getting to play forum moderator.

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re trying to say.

I don’t care if the CM posts once a month like Ythisens did, or posts 10x/day like Bornakk is. If the CM isn’t actually giving us any information, or relaying our feedback to the devs, they’re equally pointless.

7 Likes

He did provide information, Classic isn’t canceled.

Classic is still expected to release this year.

As to the relaying feedback? He can do that without ever posting anything. At least a meme post here and there lets you know he(specifically) is aware of a particular discussion, even if he provides no other information.

Communicating his presence somewhere is sometimes a communication in and of itself.

9 Likes

Not a lot, was impressed and saddened to learn that Fangtooth was evidently still around and still working as a CM until he was laid off on Tuesday. But was also mildly annoyed to see it claimed he was “the first blue” on the forums.

Whoa that’s some knowledge. Sometimes I think of myself as a bit of a WoW historian or curator (not really though lol) at this point but that’s on another level. I used BNet 1.0 for Starcraft in the 90s, but never checked out the forums until I played some Warcraft 3 and then later Vanilla WoW. The old WoW forums (pre 2008) can still be viewed on the wayback machine, though I have to warn people, it might look like the Wild West in some regards. (people used it to call out others on the opposite faction back then). All I remember are the vanilla WoW CMs but not further back than that

Well, part of that is it meshes with another history that is tangentially related to Blizzard. :slight_smile:

AdamM, ScottM, and PatN got immortalized due to right place, at the right time and being “the public face” of convenience at the time. (If you can find a copy of the Starcraft Anthology check out the forward written by Michael Morhaime, you might be able to figure it out from there)

As to GFrazier, he has “history” with that other group going back to that time frame, although he wasn’t with Blizzard then. He gets a special mention because he banned our stuff from the WarIII Forums once we resurfaced, although it did ultimately result in a Fan Fiction Forum being opened up on Battle.net many months later.

And for kicks, a Molten Core throwback that somebody else can geek out on:
https://youtu.be/MT4a7TCsSLk?t=55

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon trying to explain how relaying feedback without letting us even know they’re watching is part of their jobs.
Some people don’t like that idea, I think.

1 Like

So you’re like Shar from the original Gundam series?

Agree with this 100%. Just knowing our concerns aren’t falling on completely deaf ears makes it feel like we are actually being engaged.
Also I love the meme play and trying to keep the atmosphere a bit on the light side. That is really working so far for our new CM. Hope it continues.

2 Likes

Thanks, Bornakk, for attempting to fill the Ythisens-shaped hole in our heart.

1 Like

Sorry, Bornakk. We just have to make sure you’re good with all these background checks lol