100% skill based pvp... does it even exist?

Getting carried by gear seems to be the game for many in some games, guess they know they are too bad to win without it.

6 Likes

I only agree about corrruption and azerite traits.

This is an rpg and we play to work on gears. So i disagree with the ilvl part.

However, may i recommend guild wars 2?

I dabbled in it for a couple of months a few years back. The pvp gears were all cosmetic, and all everyone’s gear were even.

Had some fun, but the classes were quite unbalance… which is like wow as well XD

Yeah but the game has been trash since wod, although pruning was a huge portion.

You should check out swtor. Similar to wow but none of the corruption/azurite traits/grinds you mentioned above. There are gear augments but you pay for those, so you can grind out your credits for the cost anyway you want.

There is a bolster system that increases your ilvl when you enter a warzone so you aren’t a free HK for higher geared players.

Tanks and healers are easier to kill in pvp.

Also in wpvp your character level scales down to whatever planet (zone) you are on, so there is no ganking lowbies because you become the same level that they are, making those fights more skill based.

1 Like

Could just go back to WoD/MoP gearing and it would be infinitely better.

3 Likes
  • the story is 10x better than blizzard, and leveling is extremely easy and fast.
    Only downside is there are jedi .
1 Like

All of the random essences/azerite traits/trinkets/etc. are just fancy light shows that make PvP even more confusing and pointless.

Or they like progression ,

BFA skill-based PVP was the character creation screen.

As far as I know, GW2 is the only MMO where skill takes precedent over your gear, especially with their structured PvP system. Nobody has an advantage over the others and you rather make your build with templates. Then again the combat in GW2 is a little more complicated than WoW’s with things like weapon swapping and combo fields- even though their UI makes it look easy. The combination of dodge-rolling and combo field usage can really make for some interesting plays.

Cant agree more.

1 Like

pvp isnt about skill its about how well you can coordinate your actions with other teammembers for the greatest combat effect and how many rouges are going around sapping other team members and breaking up enemy convoys

At the moment, primarily gear.

This is secondary.

1 Like

Not everybody who has gear is skilled.

But everybody who is skilled has gear.

1 Like

Not true. And in any case, having 50 ilvls over your opponents does not require skill of any sort to kill them. Nor does everybody who is skilled have gear. Not by a long shot. Is that you, Ion “I don’t play alts and don’t understand how and why people do” Hazzicostas?

It is, though.

If you’re good then you climb.

Everybody started with the same gear.

Pull up my char sheet, lol