10.0 Class and Races

why does this have 3 likes? tf kind of toxic people agree when someone’s bashing another’s opinion for no reason? Monk is my favorite class in the game <3

Its not just balance. Some people prefer quality over quantity. Constantly worked on? what’s being worked on for survival hunter? Its ok to have ‘fun’ talents rather than competitive ones sometimes, but when players don’t even ever take the fun talents why won’t those get replaced? Blizz is past their number of classes/specs of what they can responsibly maintain.

Hard to doubt that dev resources aren’t a reason for the lack of class mogs. Maybe we’ll get one in shadowlands where players were used to one each tier.

I still want bard more than anything, especially if it comes with playable naga.

Please explain the appeal of Bard to me, in WarCraft terms.

I mean, I like peanut butter. And I like garlic. But I’ll pass on a peanut butter and garlic sandwich. The two just aren’t meant to go together.

I’m legitimately interested in understanding the appeal of inserting the Bard into the WarCraft universe.

In the simplest terms: Guitar go BRRRRR.

The idea of mixing music and combat essentially turns every engagement into a GMV, especially if you set up add ons or a background program to play sound bites to your keystrokes. (Obviously only you could hear them.)

It’s about flavour and fantasy. Both an arms warrior and a ret paladin do mostly the same stuff, but the flavour is different. You may like garlic, but I may prefer onions. (Only if cooked well though)

Probably wouldn’t be called a bard in warcraft though as it would be warcraft’s take on it, similar to how night elves are warcraft’s take on wood elves.

I would love to see a ranged spec for Deathknight esque skills. However a nice tinker class would be cool if it worked in AoE explosives and firearms. Especially with Mechagon being available for a starting zone for such a class.

Sethrak! Not quite a lizard but still a reptile.

:snake:

Though I’m wishing so hard we see them sooner.

1 Like

Sethrak don’t have diverse enough appearances to be a playable race. I walked around the temple for a while trying to find the difference that wasn’t what they were wearing and couldn’t find one.

I would love a bard that dual wields swords and sings, where you can spec into healing/buffing songs or DPS/debuffing songs. The songs would act like a PBAoE so only affecting those around him. His melee moves would be grandiose flourishing moves that would buff the dps of those around him. It would be a mail class and you could twist songs, have the songs on a 10 second refresh rate so you could twist three or 4 songs, or if they are all on the GCD have them last 20 seconds, or even tie in melee attacks to song buffs, So you do X amount of damage and inspire

You could have different performance stances, or dances like renewal dance, or dance of blades.

Oh, also make them wear mail.

How is this an issue? I recall Nightborne npcs all looking exactly alike aside from hairstyles. Yet we got…what we got for playable Nightborne.

Point is, it’s not an issue.

1 Like

Tinker…give it 4 specs like a druid, give it mail armor.

No one actually thinks this game needs any more classes… right?

I don’t want to see a single new class or spec until this team figures out how to make the 36 existing specs balanced and worth playing.

Well that’s never gonna happen so might as well add more new stuff to this Frankenstein’s monster of a game.

give actual kobolds from D&D and just rename them to something else, little dragon people.

that and furbolgs.

Great idea, let’s drive even more people away.

Of course it does. The more, the merrier.

Balance is a destination that you can never arrive at. Unless you trim everything down to everyone having a single button, true balance will never be achieved. May as well have fun with the system.

Next core races should be Furbolg (A) and Ogre (H). Both are long-overdue, being allied with their respective faction since the beginning of WoW, and gives the Alliance a new candidate for Druid, Shaman, and a new “monstrous” race all in one go.

1 Like

New healer too.

I was thinking more like Seraphon skinks but I would totally be down for Sethrak though!

Due to armour considerations and their fanned heads I doubt we will ever see them playable though :frowning: (unless they flat out just didn’t have transmoggable helms and it was forced as ‘do not show’)

1 Like