10.0+ Character Customization Request Megathread

How many of you scrolled down expecting it to be over but the post just kept on going and going?

2 Likes

Can we add an option to remove the Tiara from the tiara hairstyle to this one? As well as an actually bigger ponytail which makes sense? None of the bigger ponytails Blood elves have are good, and nothing compares to that shaggy night elf female hairstyle. Would kill for a more blood-elf version of that hair due.

7 Likes

As much as I agree with almost everything in this list, this is probably better off in a general customization option thread and not one focused specifically on 9.1.5 customization options. Even if Blizz wanted to be ultra charitable and intend to give us most, if not all, of these customization options at some point, there’s basically no chance that the necessary work will be done by the next patch.

It looks like they’re going to be focusing specifically on races with limited customization options at present (they specifically mentioned Lightforged and Nightborne, and also talked about how Highmountain Tauren will be next). The community has been complaining about these races for a while, so now’s our chance to highlight specifically what we want to see done to those races in precise, condensed threads before those races ultimately get put back onto the backburner.

Here’s hoping they see the void elf, lightforged, and nightborne recommendations from this thread for next patch.

1 Like

You’re right, of course.
But including the 9.1.5 in the title increases engagement.
This list is from before 9.0.

For classes who have had spell animation changes the option to use older animations would be greatly appreciated. I would be really happy with the option to use the og shadowbolt animation on my warlock. NPCs still use it and I die a little inside every time I see it.

2 Likes

Add MU Blackrock as well, they have a distinct look. See: Eitrigg and many others.

Less cracks and wrinkles in our faces.

More hairstyles that don’t have receeding hairlines.

Unique and racially thematic land travel forms for Kalimdor tauren/Darkspear/worgen and unique and racially thematic aquatic forms for all druid races minus Zandalari/Kul Tirans.

3 Likes

The Tauren models need some fix with gear models, especially with resect to shoulder pads and shields. These two items often weirdly clutch into each other and that really destroys the immersion.

What’s even worse is that if one is equipping shield without a pair of gloves on a Tauren, it looks like the shield is floating 3 inches away from the character and attached to the Tauren arm by some mysterious force.

This is problematic for both Tauren and High Mountain.

1 Like

You don’t speak for me

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind blue skin tones for Lightforged Draenei. Will make their glowing runes pop better.

As for Void Elves, “natural” hair colors as well as more “voided-out” options would be nice.

As for fixes to old races I’d like… Can we please get shoulders to scale properly on gnomes? I don’t use them on my warlock’s mog, because no matter what shoulders I use, it’s just these absolutely massive things hanging there with the hands poking out from underneath.

2 Likes

More hair options in general always make me happy. I love the ones we were given in Shadowlands, but I’m always in favor of more. Anything that lets you make as unique a toon as possible sounds great to me.

Let my DK have red eyes though. I know there’s probably a lore reason as to why they can’t but… pleeeeeeaaaase? Undead DK with red eyes looks so awesome q.q

I’d also love to see more facial options for Tauren in general. They all, imo, look the same.

I think I’d also like to see more gnome faces, too. It feels like there aren’t many to choose from?

3 Likes

I request the ability to customize my covenent expience say by adding a talent row so i can swap freely without artificial friction. Thatd be a welcomed customization option.

1 Like

its about time we got farstrider blood elves with tattoos and feathers. its a HUGE part of their heritage thats missing. playing a blood elf hunter right now is like playing an orc warrior with no warpaint/tattoos, but orcs got that in shadowlands finally. so did trolls and tauren. and our new skin tones and eye colors were shared with VOID elves(lol). we need stuff to create distance between void elves now BADLY

Imgur

Imgur

closest i can get to farstrider garb is this

Imgur

shame blizzards out of game art never translates for players in game but tats would help alot. and not just for farstrider blood elves but runic magister tats as well

i also LOVE void elves. would love to see more lovecraftian/old god horror options for them

8 Likes

Asking for alleria tattoos is your way to do that? If theres a race who should get the tats, those are void elves cause their leader is literally the only npc in game who have them. If you want to ask for void elf stuff, go ahead, but don’t pretend it is a belf thing.

More battle scares options for all races and for both male and female.

Torso, back, eye, legs, shoulder, arms blade scare options.

Tier sets would be nice to have in 9.2.

3 Likes

Once it hits the PTR all they are going to do is check and work on bugs and half of the bugs will probably make it to live .

THis coming from the group that whined to get Belf stuff so they could make their Velfs look like Belfs just so they could go nope I’m a High Elf.

1 Like

it IS a blood elf thing. allerias entire get up is reflective up her time with the farstriders

3 Likes

For Worgen:

• Realistically shaped, sized, and proportioned wolf-like teeth.
  • Upright posture option while standing idle
  • Jet black fur option
  • Tail options
  • Make them bigger
6 Likes

Alleria tats are an clear attemp to differentiate her from blood elves, you are literally asking to look like a major alliance npc. Maybe in the past blood elves used these tats, maybe night night elves used tats similar to nightborne if they lived in suramar, it doesn’t mean they should get to look like the allied races, or their leaders.

Female dwarfs should definitely have beard options. Lord of the Rings specifically mentions how it wasn’t uncommon for female dwarves to have beards.